COVID-19 / Coronavirus Outbreak

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Re: COVID-19 / Coronavirus Outbreak

Post by princeofcarthage »

Well exact origins and time frame is nearly impossible to pinpoint, let alone in a year. I think the study is still under peer review. It took scientists 3 decades to identify origins and path of Aids pandemic. So if you want some concrete and exact figures, wait for few years.
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by n0el »

princeofcarthage wrote:Well exact origins and time frame is nearly impossible to pinpoint, let alone in a year. I think the study is still under peer review. It took scientists 3 decades to identify origins and path of Aids pandemic. So if you want some concrete and exact figures, wait for few years.
Then don't quote it like its gospel and accuse others in the thread about not believing something that isn't a widely accepted fact.
mad cuz bad
Retired Contributor

n0el wrote:
princeofcarthage wrote:Well exact origins and time frame is nearly impossible to pinpoint, let alone in a year. I think the study is still under peer review. It took scientists 3 decades to identify origins and path of Aids pandemic. So if you want some concrete and exact figures, wait for few years.
Then don't quote it like its gospel and accuse others in the thread about not believing something that isn't a widely accepted fact.
There is lot of circumstantial evidence. Wastewater analyses has been commonly used to identify covid hotspots and also as an early sign of potential new hotspots. It's a proven method. Secondly there has been similar observations in Italy, Brazil, US and probably other places I haven't read about yet. Its unlikely all of them could be false positives. Statistical analysis of virus indicates that it's unlikely you are going to trace or find virus when it first appears in an area. So even when first case in China or in any region it occured, it's a safe bet to say that virus was there before and that people were infected before.
No Flag RefluxSemantic
Gendarme

Post by RefluxSemantic »

Its sad that the US did such a superb job with vaccinating but wont truly enjoy the benefits due to an extremely polarized society filled with crackheads.
Retired Contributor

RefluxSemantic wrote:Its sad that the US did such a superb job with vaccinating but wont truly enjoy the benefits due to an extremely polarized society filled with crackheads.
US did shit job vaccinating. Vaccinating US alone does nothing. Hoarding vaccine stocks when you have enough for your entire population is even worse. If the experts in one of the most advanced country can't understand that without vaccinating rest of the world nothing goes back to normal, and if they can't convince this to their leaders then just poking needles in people is useless.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

"most vaccines administered, one of the highest vaccination rates in the world" "US did a shit job vaccinating" Stay mad
Retired Contributor

If you had read what I said...
Retired Contributor

Anyone knows a good charity where they teach to read in US? I would like to donate so that we have less of gibsons in our world.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Stay mad moron
United States of America occamslightsaber
Retired Contributor
ESO: L1BERTYPR1ME

Post by occamslightsaber »

princeofcarthage wrote:Anyone knows a good charity where they teach to read in US? I would like to donate so that we have less of gibsons in our world.
You should donate to advance the literacy rate in India first. Not to mention that it’s you who make up your own grammatical rules or conflate meanings of different words time and time again, not gibson.
The scientific term for China creating free units is Mitoe-sis.

I intend all my puns.
Retired Contributor

occamslightsaber wrote:
princeofcarthage wrote:Anyone knows a good charity where they teach to read in US? I would like to donate so that we have less of gibsons in our world.
You should donate to advance the literacy rate in India first. Not to mention that it’s you who make up your own grammatical rules or conflate meanings of different words time and time again, not gibson.
You are wrong. Oxford makes the rules. If you have issue take up with them. I think its imperative to mention that Americans are the ones who have reared up the original language. It is you who make your own rules and meanings.

Thirdly your post is irrelevant in the current context. The situation is gibson hasn't read my post and/or inferred it incorrectly.

Fourthly are you gibsons mom? You seem to jump to defend him every time...

Fifth, it was a fucking joke.
Retired Contributor

gibson wrote:Stay mad moron
I am not mad. Its misleading when people say US has done good job vaccinating when they have done it on backs of rest of the world and in the process put billions of tax payers money in cos like Pfizer and Moderna.
Denmark voigt1240
Lancer
ESO: voigt

Post by voigt1240 »

I mean when people resort to saying ''stay mad moron'' to other people. They come across a little mad themselves.
Retired Contributor

Its a trend with gibson. Make a dumb statement or argument and when countered, respond with tantrums.
Retired Contributor

princeofcarthage wrote: You are wrong. Oxford makes the rules. If you have issue take up with them. I think its imperative to mention that Americans are the ones who have reared up the original language. It is you who make your own rules and meanings.

Thirdly your post is irrelevant in the current context. The situation is gibson hasn't read my post and/or inferred it incorrectly.

There’s a big difference between a group of people in a distant land forming their own dialect over time (which eventually became the most influential form) and some random dude spouting nonsense grammar that no one agrees with. Let’s not forget this gem:
princeofcarthage wrote:
occamslightsaber wrote:
princeofcarthage wrote:Not in absolute sense, yes. A past tense sentence can be used to indicate present or future, or a present tense statement to indicate past. Most of the time actual time of event depends on context and perception of time rather than tense of the sentence.
Okay, can you give an example of how a past tense sentence can be used to indicate present or future and how a present tense sentence can be used to indicate past? I feel like you are getting them confused with future perfect and present perfect forms.
I am working on answering this, had been bit busy with civ 6 and real life. Also giving examples isn't my best suit so kinda taking my time to formulate the answer. Don't assume you won :hmm:

I intend all my puns.
Retired Contributor

occamslightsaber wrote:
princeofcarthage wrote: You are wrong. Oxford makes the rules. If you have issue take up with them. I think its imperative to mention that Americans are the ones who have reared up the original language. It is you who make your own rules and meanings.

There’s a big difference between a group of people in a distant land forming their own dialect over time (which eventually became the most influential form) and some random dude spouting nonsense grammar that no one agrees with. Let’s not forget this gem:

First of all I don't even know how we have jumped to grammar but anyways since we are here, as a matter of fact American spellings were "invented" as a form of protest.
princeofcarthage wrote:
Show hidden quotes
I am working on answering this, had been bit busy with civ 6 and real life. Also giving examples isn't my best suit so kinda taking my time to formulate the answer. Don't assume you won :hmm:
Yes and I did further research on that just to be sure, and so should you. I am technically correct in certain situations. However I just didn't bother to argue/discuss it further with some random dude from America who doesn't know the difference between there, their, they are and your, you are.
Retired Contributor

There's a Chinese Defector in U.S. Custody, and the Fallout Could be Huge

https://flip.it/VocYww

Looks like hwp could be somewhat correct after all.
Retired Contributor

princeofcarthage wrote: First of all I don't even know how we have jumped to grammar but anyways since we are here, as a matter of fact American spellings were "invented" as a form of protest.
Except that the spellings have more to do with how the language was standardized.
princeofcarthage wrote: I am working on answering this, had been bit busy with civ 6 and real life. Also giving examples isn't my best suit so kinda taking my time to formulate the answer. Don't assume you won :hmm:
princeofcarthage wrote: Yes and I did further research on that just to be sure, and so should you. I am technically correct in certain situations. However I just didn't bother to argue/discuss it further with some random dude from America who doesn't know the difference between there, their, they are and your, you are.
Looks like I won then :uglylol:

I intend all my puns.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Congrats on the win @occamslightsaber
Retired Contributor

occamslightsaber wrote:
princeofcarthage wrote: First of all I don't even know how we have jumped to grammar but anyways since we are here, as a matter of fact American spellings were "invented" as a form of protest.
Except that the spellings have more to do with how the language was standardized.
princeofcarthage wrote: I am working on answering this, had been bit busy with civ 6 and real life. Also giving examples isn't my best suit so kinda taking my time to formulate the answer. Don't assume you won :hmm:
princeofcarthage wrote: Yes and I did further research on that just to be sure, and so should you. I am technically correct in certain situations. However I just didn't bother to argue/discuss it further with some random dude from America who doesn't know the difference between there, their, they are and your, you are.
Looks like I won then :uglylol:
Couldn't be more American than this tbh. Now I understand why/how Trump can have such a large base. Many (including you( if not most are similar to him.
Argentina Jotunir
Howdah

Post by Jotunir »

Is AztraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine good or bad?
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

Jotunir wrote:Is AztraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine good or bad?
this is well known where i live, but i'll share it on the forum:
the best vaccine is the one you can get the soonest (assuming you don't have any prior blood clot problems or vaccine allergies)
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
Retired Contributor

Goodspeed wrote:Congrats on the win @occamslightsaber
Ez no re

I intend all my puns.
Argentina Jotunir
Howdah

Post by Jotunir »

harcha wrote:
Jotunir wrote:Is AztraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine good or bad?
this is well known where i live, but i'll share it on the forum:
the best vaccine is the one you can get the soonest (assuming you don't have any prior blood clot problems or vaccine allergies)
My family has a history of blood clot problems...
Both my great grandmother and my grandfather (her son) died from that (To be fair, my grandfather developed a blood clot after being infected with coronavirus).
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

as far as i understand for those that have a history of blood clot problems it's better to choose an mrna vaccine (pfizer or moderna) as opposed to the messenger type (astrazeneca or johnson or others).
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.