COVID-19 / Coronavirus Outbreak

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Re: COVID-19 / Coronavirus Outbreak

Post by Goodspeed »

It's so telling about people's stupidity that they can't even manage to reduce their risk of getting really sick in an extremely simple way. Humanity is doomed lol
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

RefluxSemantic wrote:It seems like in NL enough people are vaccinated to have basically zero restrictions (except for no nightclubs and festivals and masks in public transit), numbers stagnated for a bit and are now going down again.
Be glad you dont live in the USA, where the people who are the biggest cryers about any sort of restrictions are the ones refusing to get vaccinated. Like if 90%+ of people got vaccinated, which is totally possible without morons, everything could basically be completely normal, even clubs and festivals.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

Goodspeed wrote:It's so telling about people's stupidity that they can't even manage to reduce their risk of getting really sick in an extremely simple way. Humanity is doomed lol
We've still got like 70% of eligible people fully vaccinated so it's at least it's not most people
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

It's too many
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

They're gonna have to make a cure available (a post-infection effective treatment), or this deadlock situation is going to be extended to many years
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Monoclonal antibody treatment already is a cure( for just about anything tbh) but it’s too expensive
No Flag RefluxSemantic
Gendarme

Post by RefluxSemantic »

Dolan wrote:They're gonna have to make a cure available (a post-infection effective treatment), or this deadlock situation is going to be extended to many years
If we just tell anti-vaxers to go fuck themselves the deadlock situation is also solved
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

RefluxSemantic wrote:
Dolan wrote:They're gonna have to make a cure available (a post-infection effective treatment), or this deadlock situation is going to be extended to many years
If we just tell anti-vaxers to go fuck themselves the deadlock situation is also solved
What if they identify as vaccinated. They might be born feeling like they've always been vaccinated.
It would be bigoted to tell them you know better who they are, you'd be denying their transvaccinated identity.
Transvaccinated lives matter.
Rainbow Land callentournies
Howdah
ESO: esuck

Post by callentournies »

Classic. Big brain here.
If I were a petal
And plucked, or moth, plucked
From flowers or pollen froth
To wither on a young child’s
Display. Fetch
Me a ribbon, they, all dead
Things scream.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Dolan wrote:
RefluxSemantic wrote:
What if they identify as vaccinated. They might be born feeling like they've always been vaccinated.
It would be bigoted to tell them you know better what they are, you'd be denying their transvaccinated identity.
This genuinely made me cringe
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

This could be established scientifically, with some blood/DNA tests or something :santa:
Canada Jam
Jaeger
ESO: Hyperactive Jam

Post by Jam »

Dolan wrote:
RefluxSemantic wrote:
It would be bigoted to tell them you know better who they are, you'd be denying their transvaccinated identity.
I identify as Dolan and you'd better stop impersonating me asshole. I am proud to be Dolan.
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Post by princeofcarthage »

Remember when I said this months ago
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
No Flag RefluxSemantic
Gendarme

Post by RefluxSemantic »

We solved the pandemic already. We just need to stop caring about people that are unwilling to make even the smallest sacrifise for others.
Retired Contributor

Except we haven't. There are still lot of variables we don't know about. We don't know how long the efficacy lasts for each of the vaccine. We don't know if we will need booster shots, yearly shots or not. Cases amongst double vaccinated are increasing. Though deaths are low, if cases increase significantly it is still an issue. Only a minor % of the world is vaccinated. Many poorer countries still don't have access to vaccines. If your definition of pandemic being over is your or few rich countries getting vaccinated then you are no better than the unvaccinated.

On personal level you might not care but government can't act like that. Those people are also part of the society. Democracy you like so much gives you the freedom to act in any way you wish unless frowned upon by majority. So, unless there is absolute majority and no constitutional conflict governments won't interfere. While vaccine and mask mandates maybe constitutional, forcefully injecting someone isn't.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Just get vaccinated and be fine
No Flag RefluxSemantic
Gendarme

Post by RefluxSemantic »

princeofcarthage wrote:Except we haven't. There are still lot of variables we don't know about. We don't know how long the efficacy lasts for each of the vaccine. We don't know if we will need booster shots, yearly shots or not. Cases amongst double vaccinated are increasing. Though deaths are low, if cases increase significantly it is still an issue. Only a minor % of the world is vaccinated. Many poorer countries still don't have access to vaccines. If your definition of pandemic being over is your or few rich countries getting vaccinated then you are no better than the unvaccinated.

On personal level you might not care but government can't act like that. Those people are also part of the society. Democracy you like so much gives you the freedom to act in any way you wish unless frowned upon by majority. So, unless there is absolute majority and no constitutional conflict governments won't interfere. While vaccine and mask mandates maybe constitutional, forcefully injecting someone isn't.
I am sorry, I meant to say that it's over for us. It's over for me at least, I'm not social distancing for morons.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

The mask was useful tho, I didn't get any seasonal flu since the start of this frenzy
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Pandemic is over for me too. I wear a mask if required by business, so I have like 3 times in the past 4 months and outside of that its business as usual.
United States of America evilcheadar
Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

I fight against the masks
A post not made is a post given away

A slushie a day keeps the refill thread at bay

Jackson Pollock was the best poster to ever to post on these forums
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

evilcheadar wrote:I fight against the masks
What about the Scream mask
Retired Contributor

gibson wrote:Pandemic is over for me too. I wear a mask if required by business, so I have like 3 times in the past 4 months and outside of that its business as usual.
RefluxSemantic wrote:
princeofcarthage wrote:Except we haven't. There are still lot of variables we don't know about. We don't know how long the efficacy lasts for each of the vaccine. We don't know if we will need booster shots, yearly shots or not. Cases amongst double vaccinated are increasing. Though deaths are low, if cases increase significantly it is still an issue. Only a minor % of the world is vaccinated. Many poorer countries still don't have access to vaccines. If your definition of pandemic being over is your or few rich countries getting vaccinated then you are no better than the unvaccinated.

I am sorry, I meant to say that it's over for us. It's over for me at least, I'm not social distancing for morons.
It's business as usual for 99% of the population for past 6 months at least. Doesn't mean pandemic is over. You could also get infected, develop a serious case, and still die. Chances are significantly lower than unvaccinated though.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Here a doctor died of Covid despite having got both two shots.
She had no preexisting health issues. They just found her dead in the house, a few days after she said she won't be coming back to work for two weeks, due to feeling tired.

So yea cases like this do happen, even to doctors, who are supposed to be knowledgeable enough to know what to do when they feel something's not right.
This was reported in the media here, but it's in Romanian: https://www.antena3.ro/actualitate/loca ... 14256.html
United States of America evilcheadar
Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

Dolan wrote:
evilcheadar wrote:I fight against the masks
What about the Scream mask
A post not made is a post given away

A slushie a day keeps the refill thread at bay

Jackson Pollock was the best poster to ever to post on these forums
Nauru Dolan
Ninja