Happy Brexit Lads

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Re: Happy Brexit Lads

Post by deleted_user »

New countdown: December 31 2020
Great Britain Horsemen
Jaeger

Post by Horsemen »

n0el wrote:
princeofcarthage wrote:
Show hidden quotes
Same is with democracy though, take UK for example or US right now. Hereditary Authoritarian governments are bad I agree cuz at some point you are bound to get a weak leader, or a careless, selfish one. If you were to overcome that issue which right now China has been successfully doing for past decades authoritarian government is infinitely better than democracy.
The part where journalists get locked up or Muslims get put in concentration camps is indeed better than democracy
The worst thing about authoritarian shitholes like China is that YouTube is blocked
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor
ESO: Octanium

Post by Ashvin »

princeofcarthage wrote:I wish I was like Jerom, motivated enough to write long walls of texts explaining people.
im happy youre not
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

If you were id probably woulda hanged myself already as my eyes couldnt take anymore pain.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Hazza54321 wrote:If you were id probably woulda hanged myself already as my eyes couldnt take anymore pain.
Sober up take a week off the ol alchy don't let any minor WDs get worse than they might be. Eat and drink vegetables and fruits, and take some B vitamins. Avoid acetaminophen and ibuprofen for headaches. Breathe and Abide through the anxiety.
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Post by princeofcarthage »

Before you burn me at stakes take a moment to remember that 'UK' one of the early modern democracy is directly responsible for imperialism, 2 world wars which, well ultimately killed millions of people.
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

princeofcarthage wrote:Before you burn me at stakes take a moment to remember that 'UK' one of the early modern democracy is directly responsible for imperialism, 2 world wars which, well ultimately killed millions of people.
True, authoritarian autocracies like Nazi-Germany and the Sovjet-Union have a much better reputation.
Retired Contributor

There is a lot of difference between current Chinese apparatus and USSR, Nazi-Germany. I didn't advocate Nazi Germany or USSR did I?
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor

Post by Ashvin »

princeofcarthage wrote: 'UK' one of the early modern democracy is directly responsible for imperialism, 2 world wars
This is not true prince.
Retired Contributor

Fine, world wars are debatable about who bears the responsibility, what about the deaths due to imperialism/colonialism and the economic and social catastrophe it brought upon nations, and are still struggling to get out of it?
Tokelau jesus3
Jaeger

Post by jesus3 »

Beef, you just discard all the negative parts of a strictly top-down leadership model, especially taking modern day China as an example. The only thing it's good for in theory is fast reaction time and speed of implementation of policies. That means any random and arbitrary policy goes through unfiltered and unchecked for unwanted side-effects. On the other hand, it also means that legitimacy rests solely on effectiveness of the system and/or a personality cult. "Order" is being kept classically through hard executive power (Police, Army, observation network), suppressing any sort of resistance in its' tracks at the cost of trust. Not only trust, but (ironically) also effectiveness. Why? Through arbitrariness of the judicial and political judgement and the importance of "saving face" to not get demoted and blamed for shortcomings, false reports and falsification of figures is rampant, reluctance to take any decision in fear of Xi's wrath is common, effectively resulting in procrastination of action. This is also one of the main factors that led to the Soviet Union's demise btw.
Separation of powers, a Parliament to bundle citizen's stances on all issues as a Veto-player and free speech enabling the citizens to follow and criticize - all that leads to reduction of arbitrariness and despotism. I'd take goofy BoJo and the broken British electoral system over China's Oppression anytime.
Great Britain Horsemen
Jaeger

Post by Horsemen »

princeofcarthage wrote:Fine, world wars are debatable about who bears the responsibility, what about the deaths due to imperialism/colonialism and the economic and social catastrophe it brought upon nations, and are still struggling to get out of it?
India’s problems today were not caused by the British
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor

Post by Ashvin »

princeofcarthage wrote:Fine, world wars are debatable about who bears the responsibility, what about the deaths due to imperialism/colonialism and the economic and social catastrophe it brought upon nations, and are still struggling to get out of it?
If you failed to notice, that's what imperialism is, not giving a shit about anybody which is not your nation. Gaining resources and profits to your country without caring about others. And yes it is bad, but they noticed that a long time ago, and they don't do it anymore. Honestly, I'm tired of people complaining about colonialism. We got invaded because we didn't have it in ourselves to defend our lands, now pay the price for it.
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Post by Riotcoke »

Social catastrophe? Nice Sati before we arrived.

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by n0el »

What about the part where there really weren’t democracies then? Less than half the population had franchise. Very democratic.
mad cuz bad
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

God I wish Noel were president of the United States.
Retired Contributor

Ashvin wrote:
If you failed to notice, that's what imperialism is, not giving a shit about anybody which is not your nation. Gaining resources and profits to your country without caring about others. And yes it is bad, but they noticed that a long time ago, and they don't do it anymore. Honestly, I'm tired of people complaining about colonialism. We got invaded because we didn't have it in ourselves to defend our lands, now pay the price for it.
Yes and I am not arguing that. You fail to see the point. You(and others here) are arguing that authoritarian government is inherently bad and responsible for large scale deaths. To quote,
True, authoritarian autocracies like Nazi-Germany and the Sovjet-Union have a much better reputation.
While this is true democracy doesn't have a better reputation to say. Massacres in colonial nations, atomic bombs, deaths of hundreds, thousands of innocent civilians including children as, I quote "Collateral damage". I am not mentioning specifically India, I don't know why you have to assume the same. Just because it is given name of imperialism and that they knowingly did what they did make it justifiable? Isn't it exactly the same why authoritarian states invades other states?

Democracy is good in highly educated society where vote-bank politics doesn't work. To give an example : https://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/06/worl ... ncome.html
But in most cases it is vote-bank politics where the main of aim politicians is to hold power to rule rather than benefit of people. To give an example : https://www.indiatoday.in/assembly-elec ... 2017-02-03

Isn't an authoritarian state with well being of people in mind infinitely better than democracy where politicians struggle to get 8 years in office?

If in a highly educated society like US when you fail to get a capable leadership that should tell you something. Also on that note US is the country having highest number of impeachment proceedings. While I hate to say this most common public is not educated enough to understand the complex working of policies and will often vote for policies which are detrimental to themselves. It is often better that policies are made by small well informed experts, which is why a good authoritarian states will be able to push correct policies faster.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

jesus fuck what
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by n0el »

I need a keyboard to respond to this bullshit
mad cuz bad
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor

Post by Ashvin »

princeofcarthage wrote:
Ashvin wrote:
Yes and I am not arguing that. You fail to see the point. You(and others here) are arguing that authoritarian government is inherently bad and responsible for large scale deaths
I didn't argue anything about authoritarian govt, I am arguing against what your are saying.
princeofcarthage wrote:... infinitely better than democracy.
It is not.
princeofcarthage wrote: Just because it is given name of imperialism it is justifiable and that they knowingly did what they did make it justifiable? Isn't it exactly the same why authoritarian states invades other states?
And you're right, it is not justifiable in any case, but you are talking about a time where invading other countries and increasing resources was the trend.

It took 2 world wars for people to set up the UN. And FYI world boundaries are changing less frequently after than before the UN was formed. (Also, international boundaries usually change after wars.)

And this contributed to the change in trend. ^^^
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

Hahahaha
Retired Contributor

Physical boundaries are replaced by boundaries of influence. Anyways I am not going to keep discussing if you are simply not going to understand the point and going to dismiss ample evidence before you.
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Post by Riotcoke »

Guys please, this thread is only for British patroitism, if you don't like it, go away.

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
Tokelau jesus3
Jaeger

Post by jesus3 »

Man, sounds great. Those "good authocracies" sure are awesome, where are they? Will you be our philosophers king?

Also: Nice sources. Which point exactly do they prove?
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: lamergamer
Clan: c0ns

Post by Sargsyan »

keep eating beef
krichk wrote:For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge Challenger_Marco