Shane warne or Muralitharan:Better spinner?

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
India TNT333
Lancer
ESO: TNT333

Shane warne or Muralitharan:Better spinner?

Post by TNT333 »

for all cricket fans
"We are kings or pawns" Napoleon Bonaparte
United States of America evilcheadar
Gendarme

Re: Shane warne or Muralitharan:Better spinner?

Post by evilcheadar »

Muralitharan easily
A post not made is a post given away

A slushie a day keeps the refill thread at bay

Jackson Pollock was the best poster to ever to post on these forums
Great Britain I_HaRRiiSoN_I
Retired Contributor

Post by I_HaRRiiSoN_I »

well this thread took off like a lead balloon
Australia wardyb1
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: wardyb1

Post by wardyb1 »

Warne easy. Murali dominated poor test playing nations in home or extremely spin friendly conditions. Yet was much less effective against much better opposition and in non sub continental conditions. Warne on the other hand almost never played against the terrible test playing nations and still took an insane number of wickets, in all conditions against almost all oppositions (barring India). Not mention that Murali was a chucker. Yes Murali was a great player but to be the best ever spinner? No chance.
“To love the journey is to accept no such end. I have found, through painful experience, that the most important step a person can take is always the next one.”
India TNT333
Lancer

Post by TNT333 »

wardyb1 wrote:Warne easy. Murali dominated poor test playing nations in home or extremely spin friendly conditions. Yet was much less effective against much better opposition and in non sub continental conditions. Warne on the other hand almost never played against the terrible test playing nations and still took an insane number of wickets, in all conditions against almost all oppositions (barring India). Not mention that Murali was a chucker. Yes Murali was a great player but to be the best ever spinner? No chance.
Muralis action was cleared by the ICC get ur facts right and murali had better stats
Australia wardyb1
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: wardyb1

Post by wardyb1 »

TNT333 wrote:
wardyb1 wrote:Warne easy. Murali dominated poor test playing nations in home or extremely spin friendly conditions. Yet was much less effective against much better opposition and in non sub continental conditions. Warne on the other hand almost never played against the terrible test playing nations and still took an insane number of wickets, in all conditions against almost all oppositions (barring India). Not mention that Murali was a chucker. Yes Murali was a great player but to be the best ever spinner? No chance.
Muralis action was cleared by the ICC get ur facts right and murali had better stats
I know his action was cleared, however him bowling under ICC testing and in a test arena are 2 completely different things. We have no idea if he was remotely as consistent or if he turned the ball nearly as much under ICC testing. All I know is, if someone else came onto the scene with the same action now, they would be also considered a chucker. Most cricket players would call him a chucker.

On the stats debate you clearly didn't read a word of what I wrote or have ever looked up the breakdown of his stats. My stats look really good too if I only ever bowl against people 5 grades below me. That is essentially what Murali did. Don't get me wrong he is a great bowler, but his stats are hugely padded with sub-continental wickets again the lowest test ranking nations.
“To love the journey is to accept no such end. I have found, through painful experience, that the most important step a person can take is always the next one.”
United States of America evilcheadar
Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

Muralis actions being cleared is big
A post not made is a post given away

A slushie a day keeps the refill thread at bay

Jackson Pollock was the best poster to ever to post on these forums
Great Britain oats13
Lancer

Post by oats13 »

Murali was a pie chucker.
We hold these truths to be self-evident. All men and women created by the you know, you know the thing.
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Post by princeofcarthage »

In EA Cricket 07, Sachin Tendulkar was the best spinner.
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
Isle of Man UpMySleeves
Dragoon
GameRanger ID: 7309280

Post by UpMySleeves »

I like when they make that noise during silent moments.
Never trust a man in a blue trench coat, never drive a car when you're dead
Pakistan Splail
Crossbow

Post by Splail »

wardyb1 wrote:
TNT333 wrote:
I know his action was cleared, however him bowling under ICC testing and in a test arena are 2 completely different things. We have no idea if he was remotely as consistent or if he turned the ball nearly as much under ICC testing. All I know is, if someone else came onto the scene with the same action now, they would be also considered a chucker. Most cricket players would call him a chucker.

On the stats debate you clearly didn't read a word of what I wrote or have ever looked up the breakdown of his stats. My stats look really good too if I only ever bowl against people 5 grades below me. That is essentially what Murali did. Don't get me wrong he is a great bowler, but his stats are hugely padded with sub-continental wickets again the lowest test ranking nations.
Murali didnt have a bowling partner on the level of him. Vaas was good but not on Muralis level. Hence he had to get rid of many of the other teams best opponents by himself. Whereas McGrath would always remove the best players of spin and constantly pressure them, which made Warnes job easier.
Great Britain InsectPoison
Lancer

Post by InsectPoison »

Shane Warne easily. Murali was a fraud with illegal action. Nothing will change my mind
India TNT333
Lancer

Post by TNT333 »

InsectPoison wrote:Shane Warne easily. Murali was a fraud with illegal action. Nothing will change my mind
Murali action was cleared by ICC