Official "Complain about your job" thread

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Re: Official "Complain about your job" thread

Post by Dolan »

The only real developers are those that write everything in machine code, manually. Everyone else is a fake developer, tbh.
If you don't feed the CPU binaries directly, you're using abstractions, which means you're being hand-held by someone else's work that simplified things for you. And that's fake development.
United States of America Cometk
Retired Contributor

Post by Cometk »

Dolan wrote:The only real developers are those that write everything in machine code, manually. Everyone else is a fake developer, tbh.
If you don't feed the CPU binaries directly, you're using abstractions, which means you're being hand-held by someone else's work that simplified things for you. And that's fake development.
The only real people are those that speak everything in their own language, verbally. Everyone else is a fake person, tbh.
If you don't word vomit unintelligible syllables, you're using a linguistic framework, which geeba you're being gabba by someone else's gooba that gibba things for gubba. And that's fake gooba geeba gabba gibba gubba.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Reason: on request (off-topic bulk delete)
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote: ↑
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Cometk wrote:
Dolan wrote:The only real developers are those that write everything in machine code, manually. Everyone else is a fake developer, tbh.
The only real people are those that speak everything in their own language, verbally. Everyone else is a fake person, tbh.
If you don't word vomit unintelligible syllables, you're using a linguistic framework, which geeba you're being gabba by someone else's gooba that gibba things for gubba. And that's fake gooba geeba gabba gibba gubba.
I hope you can read sarcasm, because I was sarcastically reflecting on what Kaiser said. It's a commonplace attitude in the world of programming that if you're a backend guy, you da man and those frontend guys are a bunch of clueless simps.

There is some basis for this attitude, in the sense that when people first pick up programming, they tend to go for the shiny parts that yield immediate results, so frontend stuff. But there are also experienced front-end programmers who would run circles around average backend devs. Simply doing backend doesn't make you some kind of modest hero that has to bear the weight of everything, like Kaiser's post implies. In fact, lots of people go for backend once they get faced with the hard parts of frontend dev. They just can't handle some aspects of frontend, so they'd rather go be heroes that write Python scripts or Java boilerplate and think the world runs on their shoulders.

Though, tbh, your gibba gubba gibberish is off the mark. Words are not abstractions of syllables, as you imply. My sarcastic argument was about abstractions built on top of abstractions, that at some point become extremely abstracted from what they're abstracting. :chinese:
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Yeah sure. Meanwhile you fail to see my post wasn't even serious. I'm not judging front-end developers, was just joking around. You're taking all this way too literally
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

It's fine dude, I didn't take that too seriously. Just saying that this myth of the clueless frontend guy does exist and sometimes is true.
But, you know, it's just a myth and there are also experienced frontend devs or devs that can do both front and backend, but might choose to do one of them depending on which jobs they find or which pays them more.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Reason: on request (off-topic bulk delete)
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote: ↑
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

I still don't know how anyone can take themselves seriously after choosing a career path where they have to work with javascript
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

I know a guy from Australia who nets 10.000 bucks per month by doing jabbascript (angular). He bought 4 houses so far from doing that.

It's a simple language, I don't get what irks people so much about this ez pz language. It's usually memes that were born out of not knowing implicit conversions and stuff like that.

On the other hand, there are ppl doing PHP as a day job for a few hundred bucks/month. So, there's a pretty deep hell out there.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

But does he take himself seriously?
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Well, do PayPal take themselves seriously? Even their backend is built in node, so go figure.
I guess in a clown world, doing clown things is srs bizniss. :coin:
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

All developers can suck my ass and it's a bitch job.
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor
ESO: Octanium

Post by Ashvin »

deleted_user wrote:All developers can suck my ass and it's a bitch job.
You're just jealous that you couldn't code as well as others :hehe:
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor

Post by Ashvin »

Dolan wrote:It's fine dude, I didn't take that too seriously. Just saying that this myth of the clueless frontend guy does exist and sometimes is true.
But, you know, it's just a myth and there are also experienced frontend devs or devs that can do both front and backend, but might choose to do one of them depending on which jobs they find or which pays them more.
I don't think people who do frontend and backend both do the backend at a deep level. they just know how to make api or log some stuff, but they sure as hell don't know how to design infrastructure or make complex decisions that come with the job.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

I can actually code very well. It's not very hard to do at all.
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor

Post by Ashvin »

did i need to put a "/s" over there?
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Ashvin wrote:did i need to put a "/s" over there?
No, because I'm not being sarcastic.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Dolan wrote:Well, do PayPal take themselves seriously? Even their backend is built in node, so go figure.
Probably, but idk how they can. Imagine your devs being so tunnel visioned they choose js for your backend :lol:
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor

Post by Ashvin »

Goodspeed wrote:
Dolan wrote:Well, do PayPal take themselves seriously? Even their backend is built in node, so go figure.
Probably, but idk how they can. Imagine your devs being so tunnel visioned they choose js for your backend :lol:
i think if you think nodejs is not good at all, then you are tunnel-visioned :lol:
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

It's still js :lol:
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Well, keep laughing, because eventually you're going to have to learn it. :lol:
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Goodspeed wrote:
There are backends even running on fucking ruby or some other slow joke, so, sure, why not.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Dolan wrote:Well, keep laughing, because eventually you're going to have to learn it. :lol:
I already did have to. But I stay away from it as much as possible, which has helped my peace of mind greatly :lol:
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Dolan wrote:
Goodspeed wrote:
There are backends even running on fucking ruby or some other slow joke, so, sure, why not.
Right, other people are doing dumb shit so why not us? :lol:
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Goodspeed wrote:
Dolan wrote:Well, keep laughing, because eventually you're going to have to learn it. :lol:
I already did have to. But I stay away from it as much as possible, which has helped my peace of mind greatly :lol:
Why, is it like too difficult for you or what's the problem?