US riots

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah
ESO: gamevideo113

Re: Minneapolis riots

Post by gamevideo113 »

kaister wrote:America, despite its problems, is still the greatest country in the world, despite what random morons think about it.
:lol:

That's some looow standards right there haha
[Some people aspire to be pr30+, some people aspire to have fun, and some people aspire to play 3v3 Deccan.] - vividlyplain - 2019 Who (nationality) rape ?
stupid logic. noob players can say op?
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
Suriname kaister
Lancer
ECL Reigning Champs
ESO: I Date My Cousin

Post by kaister »

@gamevideo113 sure Italy, with its low GDP, high corruption and garbage legal system is much better how did I forget
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

@kaister Can't really lecture about corruption rn lol
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
Sweden martinspjuth
Dragoon
ESO: martinspjuth

Post by martinspjuth »

iNcog wrote:all policemen are complicit. they all cover each other and turn a blind eye to murder committed by their colleagues. my opinion of policemen could not be lower, they are all murderers or complicit

those riots should be even harsher. enough with these power hungry twats with the licence to kill
You are so wrong. You are even part of the problem. This is the kind of mentality that creates these problems. You don’t see individuals, you lump thousands of different people together because of the fault of a few.
You act no different from the racists who blame all colored people for the crimes of a few.

I can understand that you are upset (so am I), but that is still no reason to call all policemen murderers or complicits.

Remember:
“Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate, only love can do that.”
- Martin Luther King Jr., Strength to Love
Suriname kaister
Lancer
ECL Reigning Champs
ESO: I Date My Cousin

Post by kaister »

@fightinfrenchman I'd say corruption is a much bigger problem for Italy than in the US
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah
ESO: gamevideo113

Post by gamevideo113 »

kaister wrote:@gamevideo113 sure Italy, with its low GDP, high corruption and garbage legal system is much better how did I forget
Haha there you go, make it "personal" when i even didn't mention Italy once. So petty.
Italy is far from perfect, but I just wouldn't brag about living in a country where:
-you could probably sell both your kidneys to the black market and still not be able to pay for your student loans;
-highest obesity rate in the world, which speaks volumes about the habits of the average citizen and their level of instruction;
-fundamentally flawed healthcare system. I'm not sure it's even logically possible to argue that the american system is ethical in the slightest;
-racism problems are still a big thing;
-guns are everywhere and shootings happen daily basically;
-trump;
-probably the most consumistic country of all

And i'm sure this is just the tip of the iceberg.

But muh capitalism, muh freedom, muh guns!
America is not a bad country, i'd probably still choose america over 95% of the rest of the world, but reading "america is the greatest country in the world" kinda makes me cringe ngl
[Some people aspire to be pr30+, some people aspire to have fun, and some people aspire to play 3v3 Deccan.] - vividlyplain - 2019 Who (nationality) rape ?
stupid logic. noob players can say op?
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
United States of America occamslightsaber
Retired Contributor
ESO: L1BERTYPR1ME

Post by occamslightsaber »

No need for a dick-measuring contest guys. Like Obama said, “I believe in American exceptionalism, just as I suspect that the Brits believe in British exceptionalism and the Greeks believe in Greek exceptionalism.”
The scientific term for China creating free units is Mitoe-sis.

I intend all my puns.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

It's not worth debating this.
United States of America SoldieR
Pro Player
ESO: SoldieR

Post by SoldieR »

I just watched the full video and that cop may not have actually cared if the guy died based on how he behaved in the video. They mentioned the guy was on drugs, which may be the reason he was on the ground in the first place, but there is no excuse for not letting up when the man was unresponsive and even very little reason why pinning his neck is reasonable in the first place. That is definitely murder.
Germany blackout
Dragoon

Post by blackout »

IAmSoldieR wrote:Well it sounds like you made up your mind that he was intending on killing him. That's your opinion and I don't think you will be changing that, so it's kind of pointless to give another side of the argument.
Why u write stuff like that when u didn't even watch the vid?
kaister wrote: America, despite its problems, is still the greatest country in the world, despite what random morons think about it.
That arrogance is just insane. must be sarcasm right?
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Post by princeofcarthage »

Now CNN wants to throw fuel in the fire claiming 3 were arrested while rest allowed to stay as they were white. 3 arrested were latino, Hispanic and black.
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
United States of America vardar
Lancer
ESO: VardarB98/DemonDeacs

Post by vardar »

Cop killed the man while others watched. That’s absolutely terrible considering he was unarmed and in handcuffs. When The investigation is completed he should be charged with what the law dictates.

@iNcog to approve of rioting and stealing shit from others that had nothing to do with is so ridiculous. A joke. Dudes are trying to get a PS4 or Xbox out of this mess.
A cop in LA who could be doing his/her best to protect and serve their community is now getting a skateboard thrown through their window and you think that’s reasonable?
c0ns!
United States of America 007Salt
Dragoon

Post by 007Salt »

This is unbelievable. The officer didn't intent to kill him as some people are saying? That was straight up murder and everyone knows it.
Lancer

Post by vardar »

@007Salt looks like murder to me but obviously has to go through investigation and trial. That’s what some are saying. It looks really bad from what we can see (which no one denies, I think?) but the whole scenario has not been fully comprehended
c0ns!
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

vardar wrote:@007Salt looks like murder to me but obviously has to go through investigation and trial. That’s what some are saying. It looks really bad from what we can see (which no one denies, I think?) but the whole scenario has not been fully comprehended
It doesn't have to go through anything for you to look at it and determine what happened
Lancer

Post by vardar »

@fightinfrenchman we have investigators for a reason, can’t just look at a video and know what fully happened...
c0ns!
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

vardar wrote:@fightinfrenchman we have investigators for a reason, can’t just look at a video and know what fully happened...
Yes, you can
Lancer

Post by vardar »

fightinfrenchman wrote:
vardar wrote:@fightinfrenchman we have investigators for a reason, can’t just look at a video and know what fully happened...
Yes, you can
So you think he should be thrown in prison without an investigation to find out what fully happened? Regardless of how damning the evidence is in that video?
c0ns!
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

vardar wrote:
fightinfrenchman wrote:
Yes, you can
So you think he should be thrown in prison without an investigation to find out what fully happened? Regardless of how damning the evidence is in that video?
Convicting someone in a court is not the same thing as looking at a video with your eyes and realizing what happened
Lancer

Post by vardar »

@fightinfrenchman ok, fair. But to say he murdered him in cold blood based on that video (although a reasonable conclusion) is not an absolute truth until an investigation is fully completed...
c0ns!
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

vardar wrote:@fightinfrenchman ok, fair. But to say he murdered him in cold blood based on that video (although a reasonable conclusion) is not an absolute truth until an investigation is fully completed...
Whatever the justice system ultimately decides isn't necessarily the "absolute truth" either.
Lancer

Post by vardar »

@fightinfrenchman well chances are it’s much better than going off a video and formulating opinion from that
c0ns!
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

vardar wrote:@fightinfrenchman well chances are it’s much better than going off a video and formulating opinion from that
Do you think OJ Simpson ever killed anyone
Lancer

Post by vardar »

@fightinfrenchman hmm I’m not saying investigations are perfect but probably much better than what one can see from a video. As what you are doing.
c0ns!
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

vardar wrote:@fightinfrenchman hmm I’m not saying investigations are perfect but probably much better than what one can see from a video. As what you are doing.
What about the video isn't clear to you?