US riots

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: lamergamer
Clan: c0ns

Re: Minneapolis riots

Post by Sargsyan »

@Mr_Bramboy its u ?
krichk wrote:For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge Challenger_Marco
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Post by princeofcarthage »

If you live in Portugal, Spain, Italy, Netherlands, and maybe couple others, apart from language and cultural differences/barriers there is no particular difference in quality of life/living in these countries in particular. You have roughly same purchasing power, public transport, education levels. However, when you think about the same in UK, France, Germany, Nordic countries, there is considerable difference which warrants a separate mention than EU. Yes the difference is decreasing year by year but it is still there.
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

princeofcarthage wrote:If you live in Portugal, Spain, Italy, Netherlands, and maybe couple others, apart from language and cultural differences/barriers there is no particular difference in quality of life/living in these countries in particular. You have roughly same purchasing power, public transport, education levels. However, when you think about the same in UK, France, Germany, Nordic countries, there is considerable difference which warrants a separate mention than EU. Yes the difference is decreasing year by year but it is still there.
Wrong.
Retired Contributor

Of course you would say its wrong. I would say the say samething about India, it doesn't change the facts.
Vietnam duckzilla
Jaeger

Post by duckzilla »

Nah... Wikipedia tells me that the Netherlands are nearly twice as rich/productive per head (56k gdp per head) than Portugal (32k).
Whatever is written above: this is no financial advice.

Beati pauperes spiritu.
Great Britain oats13
Lancer

Post by oats13 »

In Europe Portugal, Ireland, Italy, Greece and Spain are known as the 'PIGS'- I'm half Italian myself so don't call me racist about this, the but acronym is obviously derogatory about their respective economies.

The Netherlands is not in this group according to any definition.

The Netherlands along with Britain was the among the first countries to become 'food secure' way back when and hence has always been amongst the most progressive of European countries in thought and deed.

Britain and The Netherlands are in fact so advanced that we gave up on war with one and another several hundred years ago and just got along with trade quite nicely thanks.
We hold these truths to be self-evident. All men and women created by the you know, you know the thing.
Retired Contributor

duckzilla wrote:Nah... Wikipedia tells me that the Netherlands are nearly twice as rich/productive per head (56k gdp per head) than Portugal (32k).
Netherlands is also ~70% more expensive to live in than Portugal. That is why I said purchasing power not nominal gdp
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

@princeofcarthage
There are major differences even inside every one of those countries you quoted. Portugal's countryside is definitely poorer than Lisbon's metropolitan area. Some rural parts of Portugal are so poor they look like Eastern Europe. And southern Italy is way poorer than northern Italy. And that's only within each country, but if you compare south Italy with Spain's Catalonia region it's like comparing a 2-star hotel with a 5-star hotel.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Reason: on request (off-topic bulk delete)
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Great Britain oats13
Lancer

Post by oats13 »

We hold these truths to be self-evident. All men and women created by the you know, you know the thing.
Great Britain chris1089
Retired Contributor
ESO: chris1089

Post by chris1089 »

Netherlands should be included in the same group as UK and Germany.
Retired Contributor

Dolan wrote:@princeofcarthage
There are major differences even inside every one of those countries you quoted. Portugal's countryside is definitely poorer than Lisbon's metropolitan area. Some rural parts of Portugal are so poor they look like Eastern Europe. And southern Italy is way poorer than northern Italy. And that's only within each country, but if you compare south Italy with Spain's Catalonia region it's like comparing a 2-star hotel with a 5-star hotel.
That's true for every country, I don't think that is my point though. If anything you should compare northern Italy with Catalonia.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Garja wrote:
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Retired Contributor

No, this is different than what I am talking
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah
ESO: gamevideo113

Post by gamevideo113 »

iNcog wrote:Isn't this thread more about the police being racially motivated to kill black people than it being about Europe? Go make your own thread lol
USA police is motivated to kill anybody really imo. Probably racism also has a significant role but the overall picture is definitely bigger than just racism. It's hard not to have your trigger ready in a country where literally anybody could be going around with a pistol.
And some people even think that the right to have a gun improves safety.
[Some people aspire to be pr30+, some people aspire to have fun, and some people aspire to play 3v3 Deccan.] - vividlyplain - 2019 Who (nationality) rape ?
stupid logic. noob players can say op?
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Garja wrote:
Retired Contributor

Why aren't missiles, fighter planes, grenades,tanks, nuclear weapons sold to general public? They should.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Garja wrote:
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Garja wrote:
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah
ESO: gamevideo113

Post by gamevideo113 »

iNcog wrote:
gamevideo113 wrote:
iNcog wrote:Isn't this thread more about the police being racially motivated to kill black people than it being about Europe? Go make your own thread lol
USA police is motivated to kill anybody really imo. Probably racism also has a significant role but the overall picture is definitely bigger than just racism. It's hard not to have your trigger ready in a country where literally anybody could be going around with a pistol.
And some people even think that the right to have a gun improves safety.
Why would you downplay the role of racism here? It plays a huge role in what's wrong with the country.

Guns aren't really the problem. literally everyone I know here is armed to the teeth. I don't mind them having concealed carries at all.

I mind when police officers have a licence to kill and use that licence on black people primarily.
The real problem is police brutality, more than racism imo. As you can see from the data there are a lot of white victims too, so overall it's not like police just shoots black people and nobody else.
Guns are the elephant in the room. Police here won't even draw their pistol 99% of the times they approach a dangerous situation, because the odds of ending up in a gunfight are basically non-existent. In america i figure drawing their gun is the first thing a policeman would do in most situation since you really have no idea about what you could find yourself into. Involving guns in any sort of conflict exponentially increases the risk of quick unnecessary escalation, i think this is undeniable. I've read the story of a guy who was shot because he reached for his wallet to get his documents and show them to the police. Something like this would have never happened in italy.
We've had police brutality too, but the amount of times it actually escalated to the point of death is definitely low fortunately. That's the big difference, imo, but americans love their weapons so much that they'd rather live in a cowboy movie than letting go their beloved pistols.
Attachments
Screenshot_20200530-170557_Chrome.jpg
[Some people aspire to be pr30+, some people aspire to have fun, and some people aspire to play 3v3 Deccan.] - vividlyplain - 2019 Who (nationality) rape ?
stupid logic. noob players can say op?
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
Great Britain oats13
Lancer

Post by oats13 »

princeofcarthage wrote:
No, this is different than what I am talking
I don't want to derail the thread but this is literally what you said-

" However, when you think about the same in UK, France, Germany, Nordic countries, there is considerable difference which warrants a separate mention than EU. Yes the difference is decreasing year by year but it is still there."

I am not debating the wider point one way or any other but if you want to look at it that way then The Netherlands is not only in but near the fore of the group you list above.

You qualified your point by mentioning ppp-

"Netherlands is also ~70% more expensive to live in than Portugal. That is why I said purchasing power not nominal gdp."

But that measure does not hold up as the figures show.

Portugals gdp-per-capita-ppp is 1.6 times the global average whereas the Netherlands is 2.8 times the global average, indeed The Netherlands gdp-per-capita-ppp is actually higher than that of Britain, France and Germany.

You are presumably talking about APPP, Absolute purchasing power parity and/or RPPP, relative purchasing power parity.

Firstly those are as yet theories, secondly they are related to exchange rates when in fact both Portugal and The Netherlands have the same currency.

In every other metric there is a significant difference in performance between the two countries-

https://countryeconomy.com/countries/co ... etherlands
United States of America vardar
Lancer
ESO: VardarB98/DemonDeacs

Post by vardar »

@iNcog oh wow that’s great. Now someone who stole thousands from Target or threw a skateboard into a patrol car can get support from Kap. Because that thug really deserves protection. Never thought stealing from businesses counts as a revolution. You think these fools shouldn’t be arrested?

I would love to see a business you owned ransacked and burned for the sake of a revolution. I bet you would join in with them and start burning your own building.
c0ns!
United States of America SoldieR
Pro Player
ESO: SoldieR

Post by SoldieR »

Some interesting videos in here of white people being abused by police, videos I've never seen. Videos noone really cares about. That's not a coincidence.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Garja wrote:
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Garja wrote: