US riots

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah
ESO: gamevideo113

Re: Minneapolis riots

Post by gamevideo113 »

@iNcog Racism (and discrimination) is a problem, though not to the extent you're making it to in this specific issue (police killing civilians) in my opinion.
So by saying that i think reality is usually more complex than people tend to make it i am undermining other people's causes? I think i'm missing something.
Let's say you could remove the "racism factor" from police in 2019 and adjust the data so that black people were 13% of the victims of police shootings, since black people are 13% of the population. You'd still have around 700 victims of police brutality of which roughly 100 are black people. So the problem was just racism, right? It's totally ok to have 700 victims of police brutality every year in the supposedly "best country in the world", isn't it?

Take this example:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_of_Tamir_Rice
Black kid shot by a cop. I wasn't around but it's likely that this caused some mediatic resonance, and strengthened the idea that cops are racist and enjoy killing black kids.
Apparently the kid was in a park waving a fake gun around though. Why does nobody mention that maybe waving a fake gun around in public is not a smart fucking idea and could get you in serious trouble, before jumping to the conclusion that the kid died for the one and only reason that the cop was racist?
[Some people aspire to be pr30+, some people aspire to have fun, and some people aspire to play 3v3 Deccan.] - vividlyplain - 2019 Who (nationality) rape ?
stupid logic. noob players can say op?
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
United States of America vardar
Lancer
ESO: VardarB98/DemonDeacs

Post by vardar »

But much of these conflicts are because of the vicious cycle within these poverty stricken communities. Any poverty stricken community will have higher crime. Higher crime rates result in a much higher chance of a police making a very bad move, where innocent lives are affected. I don’t see how because an officer made a terrible choice, it is default seen as racist intent. And as gamevideo pointed out, the statistics imply cops are not overly targeting African Americans. I did not see you refute that claim. And he’s not racist for pointing that out. If he’s wrong, let him know and explain why.

Policing in America needs a reform, but not because of it's systematic racism. I stand with George Floyd and am troubled as to what happened to him. He didn’t need to die. Police should be trained to not do what he did. And obviously that cop had a track record of taking part in other alarming instances.

You should watch LivePD or Cops or documentaries about cops in higher-risk communities in America. It’s an extremely hostile environment where they deal with a lot of crap and insanity that doesn’t make sense. And to take your anger out on those who risk their lives everyday for black, white, brown, green, blue, purple, mango-yellow, navy blue, greenish yellowish, etc etc etc communities is wrong.

You think these cops choose to serve black communities because they are racist? Do you know how many black lives many of these cops have saved or served even though they are treated as pigs and baby killers? Because of these riots the climate is even worse for these officers trying to do their job. Now they have to watch their every move otherwise they may not go home to their families. I don’t doubt there are racist cops, but they are not as wide-spread as you think.
c0ns!
Suriname kaister
Lancer
ECL Reigning Champs
ESO: I Date My Cousin

Post by kaister »

@iNcog do you know your local DA? Have you done anything to fix the problem in your local community besides call people out on an internet forum? The only reason that Derek Chauvin was still working as a police officer is because the local prosecutors didn't do anything despite his police record. Real change comes from voting these people out election time, not burning down a random AutoZone.
United States of America GiBthedurrty
Lancer
Donator 01
Clan: YumiW

Post by GiBthedurrty »

It's all Riotcuck's fault.
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: lamergamer
Clan: c0ns

Post by Sargsyan »

riotcoke is an undercover cuck
krichk wrote:For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge Challenger_Marco
United States of America occamslightsaber
Retired Contributor
ESO: L1BERTYPR1ME

Post by occamslightsaber »

What really confounds me is that some people aren’t even trying to distance the peaceful protests from the violent excesses such as looting and arson. They seem to believe that because police brutality didn’t immediately fade away when Colin Kaepernick peacefully took a knee, it’s somehow justified to destroy innocent businesses that had nothing to do with the police to begin with.
The scientific term for China creating free units is Mitoe-sis.

I intend all my puns.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

In open defiance of Minneapolis Mayor Jacob Frey, the union that represents the city’s roughly 900 rank-and-file police officers announced that it is partnering with a national police organization to offer free “warrior-style” training for any officer who wants it.

According to a news release posted to the Law Officer website, the free online training — valued at $55,000 a year — is offered to officers for as long as Frey remains mayor. The training, which covers a range of issues, from “officer survival” and leadership to fitness and de-escalation, was designed to ensure that officers could “return home each day to their family regardless of the dangers that they may face and the ignorance of some politicians,” the release said.
The announcement comes in response to Frey’s ban of the popular training style, which he first revealed in his State of the City address last week. Frey said at the time that Minneapolis would become the first department in the country to eliminate “fear-based” training.
Bust them unions

Source
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

I admit I'm not super knowledgable about this kind of stuff but I'm honestly wondering what the purpose of rubber bullets is supposed to be
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Mr_Bramboy wrote:Image
This guy tried to defend a store...
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Damn, I miss those shaved-head neocons who were coming to Romania and lecturing us how we need to be more developed like the USA

No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Imagine being Dolan in 2020
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Mosquitos
Australia wardyb1
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: wardyb1

Post by wardyb1 »

Dolan wrote:Damn, I miss those shaved-head neocons who were coming to Romania and lecturing us how we need to be more developed like the USA

You do realise he had a fucking machete and was trying to stab people right?
“To love the journey is to accept no such end. I have found, through painful experience, that the most important step a person can take is always the next one.”
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

If I was an ESOC mod, I would simply not be racist
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Did you even watch the vid? @wardyb1
Check out how the situation started. He was just walking on the pavement.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

fightinfrenchman wrote:If I was an ESOC mod, I would simply not be racist
Biden voter teaching a guy, already fallen to the ground and badly injured, Democratic values:

Australia wardyb1
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: wardyb1

Post by wardyb1 »

Dolan wrote:Did you even watch the vid? @wardyb1
Yeah after he had tried stabbing people
“To love the journey is to accept no such end. I have found, through painful experience, that the most important step a person can take is always the next one.”
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Remember when a poster on these forums endorsed Nazi conspiracy theories, and it was fine? I do
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

wardyb1 wrote:
Dolan wrote:Did you even watch the vid? @wardyb1
Yeah after he had tried stabbing people
Out of the blue? Wow what a mentally derranged individual. He started simply jumping at people out of the blue. They were just walking around, minding their own whatever, when a madman jumped at them with a machete.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

fightinfrenchman wrote:Remember when a poster on these forums endorsed Nazi conspiracy theories, and it was fine? I do
You mean when you kept posting that boomers need to be killed? Yeah everyone remembers that nazi user who wants boomers to get killed.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Dolan wrote:
fightinfrenchman wrote:Remember when a poster on these forums endorsed Nazi conspiracy theories, and it was fine? I do
You mean when you kept posting that boomers need to be killed? Yeah everyone remembers that nazi user who wants boomers to get killed.
Gay soup
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

fightinfrenchman wrote:
Dolan wrote:
Gay soup
San Francisco Bay Soup area.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

oh, this thread is on fire, like Minneapolis. No wonder, because this could be the fire that light up the big bomb, sitting under the smug billionaires, who are contempt to bye every election. NO,YOU CANNOT DO THAT
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by Sargsyan »

a guy trying to defend his store by intimidating pricks who are using this situation to loot his store.
krichk wrote:For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge Challenger_Marco
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by Sargsyan »

wait, thats illegal. he should let them all fuck him in the ass, thats the real democracy right ?