US riots

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Re: Minneapolis riots

Post by spanky4ever »

Sargsyan wrote:wait, thats illegal. he should let them all fuck him in the ass, thats the real democracy right ?
you like ass fucking? I prefer, not :hmm:
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Sargsyan wrote:a guy trying to defend his store by intimidating pricks who are using this situation to loot his store.
From what US media report (https://dfw.cbslocal.com/2020/05/31/vic ... olice-say/), he doesn't own a business there, he tried to protect his neighbourhood from protesters. This happened in Dallas.

It was stupid what he did, it was obvious he would get overwhelmed quickly. But there was no need to beat this guy to a pulp. They were a crowd of tens versus one guy. He was walking on the sidewalk and they started throwing rocks at him. That's when he tried to scare one of them away by waving a machete. Then the whole crowd went into fury mode and completely stoned the guy to the ground and beat him senseless until he probably passed out, bleeding.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

I get the vomiting feeling, when Trump say, holding hands, and staying together as mucicans.
Geesus, how fooled can 350 M be?
No Flag RefluxSemantic
Gendarme

Post by RefluxSemantic »

vardar wrote:But much of these conflicts are because of the vicious cycle within these poverty stricken communities. Any poverty stricken community will have higher crime. Higher crime rates result in a much higher chance of a police making a very bad move, where innocent lives are affected. I don’t see how because an officer made a terrible choice, it is default seen as racist intent. And as gamevideo pointed out, the statistics imply cops are not overly targeting African Americans. I did not see you refute that claim. And he’s not racist for pointing that out. If he’s wrong, let him know and explain why.

Policing in America needs a reform, but not because of it's systematic racism. I stand with George Floyd and am troubled as to what happened to him. He didn’t need to die. Police should be trained to not do what he did. And obviously that cop had a track record of taking part in other alarming instances.

You should watch LivePD or Cops or documentaries about cops in higher-risk communities in America. It’s an extremely hostile environment where they deal with a lot of crap and insanity that doesn’t make sense. And to take your anger out on those who risk their lives everyday for black, white, brown, green, blue, purple, mango-yellow, navy blue, greenish yellowish, etc etc etc communities is wrong.

You think these cops choose to serve black communities because they are racist? Do you know how many black lives many of these cops have saved or served even though they are treated as pigs and baby killers? Because of these riots the climate is even worse for these officers trying to do their job. Now they have to watch their every move otherwise they may not go home to their families. I don’t doubt there are racist cops, but they are not as wide-spread as you think.
This is imo the best interpretation (togethet with what gamevideo is saying). The police seems really on edge in the USA, they actually seem scared for their life in the most trivial situations. The police is objectively too trigger happy in the USA, as gamevideo's data clearly shows.

And honestly I think its pretty reasonable for police officers to be slightly more defensive/on edge when dealing with black people. No, we shouldnt do thinks like that, but these black people often represent a group of poor and lowly educated people (which are going to be overrepresented in crime) and they often come from neighboorhoods with a high crime rate.

If I were a cop in my city and I would go to one of the 'bad' neighboorhoods, and get in touch with someone clearly of low education or who is poor (so just general redneck or immigrant), I'm going to be slightly more careful. Yes, to some extend you're discriminating when you do that, but the data overwhelmingly supports this type of discrimination and that doesnt make it racism.

Now in no way is what happened here acceptable, but this incident falls in line with a ton of police brutalities in general.
No Flag RefluxSemantic
Gendarme

Post by RefluxSemantic »

And these riots kind of prove the point that American police struggles to peacefully solve conflicts. And honestly, Id be a little bit scared when interfering with an American riot that's gone out of control. All it takes is one redneck standing his ground and you're gone.
Australia wardyb1
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: wardyb1

Post by wardyb1 »

RefluxSemantic wrote:And these riots kind of prove the point that American police struggles to peacefully solve conflicts. And honestly, Id be a little bit scared when interfering with an American riot that's gone out of control. All it takes is one redneck standing his ground and you're gone.
Have you been watching any of it live? Ignore the people looting stores for a second. Let's focus on the actual protests, and when the protests turn violent. So far almost every altercation in that regard, where it has been protest meeting police, has turned bad because of police instigating the attacks. They have been the ones picking people out, tear gassing, beating, removing people's masks to pepper spray them, destroying water bottles and milk supplies, ramming crowds of people with fucking cars and shooting them with rubber bullets and bean bags and blowing people's eyes out. That's when the protests have turned violent, that's when people have started to go back at police. Almost none of it was out of control until the police made it that way.

Once again it proves the point of good cops aren't good if they stand and watch bad cops do bad shit. You never see them reigning in the fucking idiots trying to instigate fights. It just shows how broken the system is. The selection, the training, the oversight. It's an abomination.
“To love the journey is to accept no such end. I have found, through painful experience, that the most important step a person can take is always the next one.”
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Well, that's why these rioters are not attacking the suburbs, where it's full of armed and more affluent citizens. They're tearing down downtown and the suburbs couldn't care less.
No Flag RefluxSemantic
Gendarme

Post by RefluxSemantic »

wardyb1 wrote:
RefluxSemantic wrote:And these riots kind of prove the point that American police struggles to peacefully solve conflicts. And honestly, Id be a little bit scared when interfering with an American riot that's gone out of control. All it takes is one redneck standing his ground and you're gone.
Have you been watching any of it live? Ignore the people looting stores for a second. Let's focus on the actual protests, and when the protests turn violent. So far almost every altercation in that regard, where it has been protest meeting police, has turned bad because of police instigating the attacks. They have been the ones picking people out, tear gassing, beating, removing people's masks to pepper spray them, destroying water bottles and milk supplies, ramming crowds of people with fucking cars and shooting them with rubber bullets and bean bags and blowing people's eyes out. That's when the protests have turned violent, that's when people have started to go back at police. Almost none of it was out of control until the police made it that way.

Once again it proves the point of good cops aren't good if they stand and watch bad cops do bad shit. You never see them reigning in the fucking idiots trying to instigate fights. It just shows how broken the system is. The selection, the training, the oversight. It's an abomination.
Thats what I meant with my first sentence. I wanted to add a little nuance that I'd also be more on edge in dealing with an American riot. Just one psycho carrying a gun and you're dead. So I can imagine their attitude might be like this when approaching any riot.

That being said, the way they deal with it is inexusably aggressive.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

No matter how you spin it, there are just no justifiable grounds for looting, for destroying things that don't belong to you. Or for stealing things that don't belong to you.
That's not going to bring any police abuse victims back and you're not getting back at the police by destroying property that belongs to other citizens that had no involvement in any of these things.
Australia wardyb1
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: wardyb1

Post by wardyb1 »

RefluxSemantic wrote:
wardyb1 wrote:

Thats what I meant with my first sentence. I wanted to add a little nuance that I'd also be more on edge in dealing with an American riot. Just one psycho carrying a gun and you're dead. So I can imagine their attitude might be like this when approaching any riot.

That being said, the way they deal with it is inexusably aggressive.
I get what your saying, but if you are afraid of people exercising the 2nd Amendment rights, arguably at a time when you can see why they are so important then these people shouldn't be cops in the first place.
“To love the journey is to accept no such end. I have found, through painful experience, that the most important step a person can take is always the next one.”
No Flag RefluxSemantic
Gendarme

Post by RefluxSemantic »

Its not super relevant or anything, but I dont think its okay to trivialize how scary it is that anyone could just have a gun and shoot you with it. The things the police are doing are bs, but I'd be pretty fucking scared as police officer. One lunatic that decides to shoot you and you wont go back to your wife and children ever again. That seems like a pretty big factor in these super chaotic riots.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

It's scary but actually not that dangerous. People don't tend to shoot at police. Only 48 police officers were shot to death in 2019. You're more at risk from your commute than from getting shot.
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Post by princeofcarthage »

As a police officer you have signed up for those risks. You can not presume everyone has gun and are going to shoot with it. Police is suppose to "react" to maintain law & order, not presume and "act". Peaceful protest is peaceful unless and until there is a shot fired and that has to be from crowd not police. There is no justifiable reason to the way US police has acted during peaceful protests.
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

Goodspeed wrote:It's scary but actually not that dangerous. People don't tend to shoot at police. Only 48 police offers were shot to death in 2019. You're more at risk from your commute than from getting shot.
Ban cars before guns ngl
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Police officers have procedures they learn. If X situation looks like this, do Y. They don't start by presuming you're armed and dangerous, they go by cues they infer from your behaviour. If you don't respond to their signals, they assume you have a reason not to, you must be hiding something or trying to escape. If you try to reach for something in a pocket while they try to tackle you, they assume you might try to pull out a weapon. Etc.

Obviously, if you don't do anything illegal you should simply not even try to escape or dodge their attempt to question you. All you have to do is cooperate and everything will be fine. In this Floyd case, apparently the guy did not cooperate when he was caught with counterfeit money. So they took the next step and tried to pin him to the ground. Then the police officer who did that procedure overdid it, failed to notice the suspect already was in a drugged state that had some medical implications, which led to Floyd's death. By the looks of it, it seems to be a classic case of involuntary manslaughter, but we don't really know 100%. The investigation that will include medical reports will clarify more the circumstances in which everything happened.
Based on those results, we could find out one of these things:
- the police officer's actions directly led to the suspect's death, through negligence and failure to adapt his chokehold to the suspect's medical condition
- the police officer's actions had a significant contribution, but it wasn't the only factor and the suspect's life may have already been in question as a result of drug-taking
- the police officer's action may have played a negligeable role in the suspect's death and the suspect may have simply had a stroke as a result of pre-existing conditions and drug-taking

On the other hand, justice and law-making in the USA have a huge political component. That's why they use juries in their law courts and that's why judges are appointed by politicians and the police is under direct control of local elected politicians. I've seen before cases in the US justice system when someone who was convicted of a crime was refused parole simply because political interests and local protests put pressure on the justice system. So I wouldn't be surprised if this police officer wasn't immediately charged with manslaughter because there are social and political pressures to do so.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Dolan posts remind me of my childhood ngl
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

fightinfrenchman wrote:Dolan posts remind me of my childhood ngl
Was it that part of your life when the brain wasn't diseased?
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Post by princeofcarthage »

Lmao, War burn
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah
ESO: gamevideo113

Post by gamevideo113 »

The problem with these protests is that there are always anarchists/thugs ready to jump on the train, even if they don't care about the cause at all, and just cause some unnecessary chaos. It's kind of inevitable that these protests escalate to violence and suppression at some point.
[Some people aspire to be pr30+, some people aspire to have fun, and some people aspire to play 3v3 Deccan.] - vividlyplain - 2019 Who (nationality) rape ?
stupid logic. noob players can say op?
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Dolan wrote:
Lmao I was setting this up for a joke but I forget what the joke was gonna be
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

gamevideo113 wrote:The problem with these protests is that there are always anarchists/thugs ready to jump on the train, even if they don't care about the cause at all, and just cause some unnecessary chaos. It's kind of inevitable that these protests escalate to violence and suppression at some point.
Another problem with them is there's this disease going around and mass gatherings are not a good idea
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

fightinfrenchman wrote:
Dolan wrote:
Lmao I was setting this up for a joke but I forget what the joke was gonna be
Brain = diseased, life reptile now.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

I'm actually kind of annoyed because I'm pretty sure it was really funny
Vietnam duckzilla
Jaeger

Post by duckzilla »

It is really good to have a very stable genius heading the nation in these troubled times.
Whatever is written above: this is no financial advice.

Beati pauperes spiritu.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

duckzilla wrote:It is really good to have a very stable genius heading the nation in these troubled times.
nice post, and it is true, but then again, you did not bring anything new to the debate (as usual?)
Sarcasm only :?:
not good :!: