US riots

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
Vietnam duckzilla
Jaeger

Re: Minneapolis riots

Post by duckzilla »

iwillspankyou wrote:
duckzilla wrote:It is really good to have a very stable genius heading the nation in these troubled times.
nice post, and it is true, but then again, you did not bring anything new to the debate (as usual?)
Sarcasm only :?:
not good :!:
Nah, this is still an online gaming forum. We will not find a solution for all American problems here. But we can comment and maybe we can use sarcasm to have a good laugh. That's already worth a lot in these trying times.
Whatever is written above: this is no financial advice.

Beati pauperes spiritu.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Reason: on request (off-topic bulk delete)
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

Are the riots justified? and the lothing? and the military, soon to step in?
I would say that the riots are a long time coming, and I cannot understand why it has not come earlier.
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
Great Britain oats13
Lancer

Post by oats13 »

wardyb1 wrote: It just shows how broken the system is. The selection, the training, the oversight. It's an abomination.
Finally someone has picked up on this, all talk of further causes for rioting, police reaction etc. are more or less in the sociological realm of thought but we are talking about a potential crime here.

The legal realm and the decisions it makes will reflect the legal realm at the time and not the sociological one.

Hence the guilt or otherwise of the accused and what precisely they are charged with will be established relative to their legal status regarding the event- What type of training they had and how previous examples of this were dealt with.
We hold these truths to be self-evident. All men and women created by the you know, you know the thing.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Whoops, I didn't even read this piece of news and I was already speculating this might have actually happened in a post I made above.

Floyd may have actually died from a combination of drugs and heart disease and the cop pinning him down by the neck may have played no significant role in his death. That's why you need to wait for the investigation to be completed, because it's one thing what appears to be factually true and quite another what may have actually happened there. A video may be misleading information, just as whatever someone says can also be misleading. Floyd might have complained about breathing issues not because he was pinned down but because the drugs were starting to have a negative effect on him, on the backdrop of pre-existing heart conditions.

One source:
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/11744537/ ... ation-cop/

From another source:
The family of George Floyd has hired their own pathologist for a separate autopsy after the official results claimed he did not die of strangulation or asphyxiation.

The preliminary results of the county’s autopsy instead concluded Floyd, 46, died from a combination of heart disease and 'potential intoxicants in his system' that were exacerbated by the restraint placed on him by police officers.

Floyd's family revealed Friday they have now hired the services of renowned forensic pathologist Dr. Michael Baden to conduct a second, independent autopsy.

They claim the underlying health conditions cited in the official report are ‘an illusion’.

'The family does not trust anything coming from the Minneapolis Police Department. How can they?' attorney Ben Crump said. 'We already saw the truth.'

Baden is set to travel to Minneapolis on Saturday and told Fox News he will discuss his findings next week.

The county's autopsy results were revealed Friday after former police officer Derek Michael Chauvin, who was shown kneeling on Floyd's neck during his arrest on Monday, was charged with his murder.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Garja wrote:
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Great Britain oats13
Lancer

Post by oats13 »

Dolan wrote:Whoops, I didn't even read this piece of news and I was already speculating this might have actually happened. Floyd may have actually died from a combination of drugs and heart disease and the cop pinning him down by the neck may have played no role in his death.

From another source:
The family of George Floyd has hired their own pathologist for a separate autopsy after the official results claimed he did not die of strangulation or asphyxiation.

The preliminary results of the county’s autopsy instead concluded Floyd, 46, died from a combination of heart disease and 'potential intoxicants in his system' that were exacerbated by the restraint placed on him by police officers.

Floyd's family revealed Friday they have now hired the services of renowned forensic pathologist Dr. Michael Baden to conduct a second, independent autopsy.

They claim the underlying health conditions cited in the official report are ‘an illusion’.

'The family does not trust anything coming from the Minneapolis Police Department. How can they?' attorney Ben Crump said. 'We already saw the truth.'

Baden is set to travel to Minneapolis on Saturday and told Fox News he will discuss his findings next week.

The county's autopsy results were revealed Friday after former police officer Derek Michael Chauvin, who was shown kneeling on Floyd's neck during his arrest on Monday, was charged with his murder.
It would be really easy for pressure on a large nerve in the neck such as the Vagus nerve to set off something like that.
We hold these truths to be self-evident. All men and women created by the you know, you know the thing.
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by n0el »

Thanks for compiling those. This makes me sick. FTP.
mad cuz bad
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Garja wrote:
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

oats13 wrote:
Dolan wrote:Whoops, I didn't even read this piece of news and I was already speculating this might have actually happened. Floyd may have actually died from a combination of drugs and heart disease and the cop pinning him down by the neck may have played no role in his death.

From another source:

It would be really easy for pressure on a large nerve in the neck such as the Vagus nerve to set off something like that.
I'm just relaying information that was published after an official autopsy was performed. So far, these results indicate drugs and pre-existent heart condition played the primary role in Floyd's death.
Whether or not the police officer's intervention aggravated those symptoms will probably be debated in a court of law.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

@oats13
yeah, especially if you put your knee on it, for 8 minutes, when the #target, beg you to stop because he cannot breathe. I guess that is a "mistake" "anyone" can do if we are high on power or sociopaths.
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
ESOC Business Team

Post by n0el »

iNcog wrote:Cruise 5 minutes in a relevant reddit thread and you get to see all of the bad stuff.

Social media is, despite me not really liking it too much, a crux in today's world. Everyone has a camera, everyone can broadcast whatever they want within minutes. This is a genuine boon to the people, believe it or not.
It also shows how fucked the system is. Cops know they are being recorded, and do this shit without a second thought because they know they are protected by the system. Time to rip it down and start over.
mad cuz bad
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Garja wrote:
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Garja wrote:
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

iNcog wrote: It's probable to assume that the officer did aggravate the condition. It's like, hey this guy is epileptic. I just HAPPENED to flash lights in his face and he JUST HAPPENED to have a seizure. If I flash those lights in my own face, it's totally fine. So I didn't cause that seizure at all! The timing of that guy dying during the officer intervention? Total coincidence. That guy had it coming to him for not being healthy.

lol.
Yeah, the problem is that those police officers probably had no idea about his pre-existing conditions or maybe not even about him having taken drugs. So maybe if they had this information they wouldn't have used this procedure of pinning him down by the neck. But then again, I'm not sure if anyone knows the exact contribution of each factor right now. The official autopsy so far says that the primary causes were drug-taking on a backdrop of pre-existing conditions. The family doubts this conclusion and will demand their own separate autopsy. We'll see how it all plays out in the court of law, I guess.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Garja wrote:
Great Britain oats13
Lancer

Post by oats13 »

iNcog wrote:
Dolan wrote:
Show hidden quotes
I'm just relaying information that was published after an official autopsy was performed. So far, these results indicate drugs and pre-existent heart condition played the primary role.
Whether or not the police officer's intervention aggravated those symptoms will probably be debated in a court of law.
It's probable to assume that the officer did aggravate the condition. It's like, hey this guy is epileptic. I just HAPPENED to flash lights in his face and he JUST HAPPENED to have a seizure. If I flash those lights in my own face, it's totally fine. So I didn't cause that seizure at all! The timing of that guy dying during the officer intervention? Total coincidence. That guy had it coming to him for not being healthy.

lol.
What training the cop had, what he knows about such conditions and how firmly the autopsy links them to cause of death will be legally relevant.

We don't have the answers to those questions and nor do the protesters.

Yet.
ESOC Business Team

Post by n0el »

iNcog wrote:
n0el wrote:
iNcog wrote:Cruise 5 minutes in a relevant reddit thread and you get to see all of the bad stuff.

Social media is, despite me not really liking it too much, a crux in today's world. Everyone has a camera, everyone can broadcast whatever they want within minutes. This is a genuine boon to the people, believe it or not.
It also shows how fucked the system is. Cops know they are being recorded, and do this shit without a second thought because they know they are protected by the system. Time to rip it down and start over.
There was a bill in France that was proposed recently to make it illegal to film the police. Thankfully it got booted immediately but the fact that it was even proposed is appalling.

The system needs a revamp, badly. Police officers should be the epitome of reason and level-headed cool. Not this fatso, I was bullied in school and I need a power trip on people who have no leverage over me. Oh and domestic violence in police families is also high. Go figure.
Agreed 100%.
mad cuz bad
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

Feels good to be living in the only civilized continent in the world.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

The thing is that, frankly, authorities also know that if they make it too hard for the police to do their job, nobody will want to join their ranks anymore. And many might also leave their current job, knowing that working conditions will get much more difficult for them from now on.
Imagine the police in the USA going on strike right now.
No Flag RefluxSemantic
Gendarme

Post by RefluxSemantic »

Goodspeed wrote:It's scary but actually not that dangerous. People don't tend to shoot at police. Only 48 police offers were shot to death in 2019. You're more at risk from your commute than from getting shot.
Doesn't mean they don't feel scared though. It's not an excuse for what's happening, but it might help to at least try to understand what it'd be like to have to manage a huge riot.
United States of America Mr_Brightside
Crossbow
ESO: 16winklejo

Post by Mr_Brightside »

My city, Grand Rapids, got hit pretty badly by riots last night. The police used tear gas but no arrests were made and they didn't hurt anyone as far as I know despite protestors being fairly hostile. Last I heard 5 police cars had been lit on fire and many of the downtown stores were looted. It's pretty alarming, especially in a small-ish city like Grand Rapids, and honestly it seems to only be making people feel more sympathetic for the police in the immediate aftermath. Not trying to make an argument here, but it seems since the riots have come to our city, the general sentiment, at least in my circle, has gone from completely sympathetic to the cause to suspicious of the movement.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Garja wrote:
ESOC Business Team

Post by n0el »

RefluxSemantic wrote:
Goodspeed wrote:It's scary but actually not that dangerous. People don't tend to shoot at police. Only 48 police offers were shot to death in 2019. You're more at risk from your commute than from getting shot.
Doesn't mean they don't feel scared though. It's not an excuse for what's happening, but it might help to at least try to understand what it'd be like to have to manage a huge riot.
The thing is, these things become riots because of the police. There was a protest near me, that the police participated in with the protesters and it went very well. Compared to 50 miles away in both directions the police approached the protest in an antagonistic way, which led to it becoming a riot.
mad cuz bad
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

iNcog wrote:
Dolan wrote:The thing is that, frankly, authorities also know that if they make it too hard for the police to do their job, nobody will want to join their ranks anymore. And many might also leave their current job, knowing that working conditions will get much more difficult for them from now on.
Imagine the police in the USA going on strike right now.
Then salaries will go up and stuff

Sorry but if you have a licence to kill, which the police do, you need to be held to a very high standard. and standard infantry soldiers in armies are held to that standard. why not the police? it's ridiculous
Man, you know that people who have the potential to make lots of money from salaried work in the USA will never join the police. It's not a glamorous job that anyone would like to brag about.
Those that join the police are people who know they can't do any fancy job that requires a lot of thinking. That's why they go through training and have very clear rules on how to handle situations, because they're not expected to think on the job, they're expected to follow clear instructions and handle a situation in a standardised way.