US riots

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Re: Minneapolis riots

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

chris1089 wrote:
Mr_Bramboy wrote:Feels good to be living in the only civilized continent in the world.
Have you forgotten the London riots of 2011 already?
That's not my continent. They seceded from Europe.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Since police are showing their incompetence at every turn I sympathize with people expressing "fuck the police" sentiments, as long as that's all they're doing. It's pretty unsurprising. The US police force needs to be better.
Great Britain chris1089
Retired Contributor
ESO: chris1089

Post by chris1089 »

Ye because Switzerland is not part of Europe either @Mr_Bramboy
Great Britain chris1089
Retired Contributor

Post by chris1089 »

Is this a time which calls for martial law?
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Reason: on request (off-topic bulk delete)
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Great Britain chris1089
Retired Contributor

Post by chris1089 »

iNcog wrote:
chris1089 wrote:Is this a time which calls for martial law?
no
When would be?
United States of America vardar
Lancer
ESO: VardarB98/DemonDeacs

Post by vardar »

@Goodspeed no snitching on your neighbor who is a drug dealer or an arms dealer because fuck the police. This is what I’m getting at. It’s becoming too toxic. Or fuck the police who are trying to arrest gang members or drug users and rid them of the neighborhood so people can do legal activities safely. Police aren’t actively going after poor unarmed people. This cop made a mistake as so did the 20 (?) cops out of the more than 500 thousand law enforcement enlisted.
c0ns!
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah
ESO: gamevideo113

Post by gamevideo113 »

Imo all of this goes to show that the USA police is just excessively violent in too many instances. They are beating up whites, blacks, men, women, young, old, peaceful etc. Still putting their knee on the necks of arrested people after what happened...
It sort of strengthens my opinion that it isn't a racial problem as much as an actual police brutality problem.
Also i agree with vardar that some "fuck the police" are unwarranted. If the police is punishing criminal activity there is no reason to be mad at them, yet some people still complain about that and dump fuel onto the fire.
Anyway, some of the videos are terrifying. I hope the protest will end soon, but i'm not sure that it will be handled in the best possible way...
[Some people aspire to be pr30+, some people aspire to have fun, and some people aspire to play 3v3 Deccan.] - vividlyplain - 2019 Who (nationality) rape ?
stupid logic. noob players can say op?
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Reason: on request (off-topic bulk delete)
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Great Britain chris1089
Retired Contributor

Post by chris1089 »

vardar wrote:@Goodspeed no snitching on your neighbor who is a drug dealer or an arms dealer because fuck the police. This is what I’m getting at. It’s becoming too toxic. Or fuck the police who are trying to arrest gang members or drug users and rid them of the neighborhood so people can do legal activities safely. Police aren’t actively going after poor unarmed people. This cop made a mistake as so did the 20 (?) cops out of the more than 500 thousand law enforcement enlisted.
The cop clearly did not "make a mistake."
He was told by the man he couldn't breathe, a nurse told him to check his pulse, he was told several times by bystanders that he was going too far.
The police officer also has training. If you stop blood to the brain (like you can do when you put pressure on the side of the neck) people get knocked out in seconds. The police officer should not be putting pressure on the neck for minutes, as he should know from his training.
The police officer was clearly not in danger for the duration of the time the guy was on the floor. The officer had his hands in his pockets.
Lancer

Post by vardar »

Because what all of this is doing is making it even harder for the majority of police to do their job. Now these neighborhoods who are crime infested and really need help are becoming even more hostile and do not want to work with police. These police who decided to do this job to protect the citizens of these high-risk neighborhoods. Who are trying to get drugs off the street and gangs diffused so the economy can actually grow... does this not make sense?
c0ns!
Lancer

Post by vardar »

@chris1089 he made a mistake, a huge one. Not sure what about that is not a mistake? He didn’t follow procedures (a mistake) and it cost George his life.
c0ns!
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

vardar wrote: Who are trying to get drugs off the street and gangs diffused so the economy can actually grow... does this not make sense?
Not police lol
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
Great Britain chris1089
Retired Contributor

Post by chris1089 »

@vardar You don't have to pretend the policeman in question didn't commit murder to say what you are saying.
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah
ESO: gamevideo113

Post by gamevideo113 »

iNcog wrote:I don't understand how it's unwarranted? You literally said that police brutality is a problem.
Police arrests drug dealer - Fuck the police not warranted
Police beats up people unnecessarily - Fuck the police warranted

Seems pretty clear to me
[Some people aspire to be pr30+, some people aspire to have fun, and some people aspire to play 3v3 Deccan.] - vividlyplain - 2019 Who (nationality) rape ?
stupid logic. noob players can say op?
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
Great Britain chris1089
Retired Contributor

Post by chris1089 »

vardar wrote:@chris1089 he made a mistake, a huge one. Not sure what about that is not a mistake? He didn’t follow procedures (a mistake) and it cost George his life.
Technically the definition of mistake allows for murder to fall into it, but I would generally say that because he knew what might happen from what he was doing, and because what he was doing was not necessary, calling it a mistake is playing word games.
Lancer

Post by vardar »

fightinfrenchman wrote:
vardar wrote: Who are trying to get drugs off the street and gangs diffused so the economy can actually grow... does this not make sense?
Not police lol
Lmao I’m really started to get delirious. You have no idea what goes on, do you? Police are constantly doing all of this and you act like they are sitting around or going out and murdering people. A joke of a statement. Now I’m feeling what @iNcog was feeling and want to rip into you for that statement xD

That statement is ignorant, it’s pathetic.

EDIT: a troll that doesn’t help this discussion but hinders it by saying baseless comments that deserve no credibility.
c0ns!
Lancer

Post by vardar »

@chris1089 well, if you read my previous posts I never gave the officer an excuse for killing him. Nor do I plan on giving one. The officer killed him, and he may have murdered him once this trial is complete. Two different terms and a proper investigation and trial will determine which.
c0ns!
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

@chris1089 There have been cases of suspects that were apprehended and claimed they couldn't breath and ended up being fine in a county jail (I've seen a video of such a case some months ago, but I can't find it anymore, it was a fat guy who was arrested and pinned down just like Floyd). The reason why this officer continued to keep Floyd pinned down might simply be because they've seen and done this before and nothing happened. It just never happened that they had this unique mix of circumstances, with a suspect on drugs with a heart condition.

If you read the previous posts, yesterday a piece of news was published which says an official autopsy revealed Floyd did not die of asphyxiation, but of a mix of factors that include drug-taking, a heart condition and possibly aggravated by distress caused by being caught by the police trying to pass some counterfeit money in a store. It seems to be a more complex mix of factors than just what people guessed based on that video. They couldn't see from that video, or from just seeing that scene as bystanders, that he took drugs before or that he had a pre-existing heart condition. So they just reacted based on what they were seeing.

Anyway, all this stuff will be established in a court of law, I suppose there will be examinations of evidence, counter-examinations, witnesses, all the usual stuff.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

vardar wrote:
fightinfrenchman wrote:
Not police lol
Lmao I’m really started to get delirious. You have no idea what goes on, do you? Police are constantly doing all of this and you act like they are sitting around or going out and murdering people. A joke of a statement. Now I’m feeling what @iNcog was feeling and want to rip into you for that statement xD

That statement is ignorant, it’s pathetic.

EDIT: a troll that doesn’t help this discussion but hinders it by saying baseless comments that deserve no credibility.
https://www.baltimoresun.com/maryland/b ... story.html
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Imagine replying to the ear's one-line quips in 2020
Lancer

Post by vardar »

@fightinfrenchman that article states the DEA was able to confiscate those looted prescriptions. What’s your point? And this has nothing to do with the fact you said police aren’t trying to get drugs off the street. An article like this does nothing to encourage your ridiculous couple word statement that took 5 seconds to type.
c0ns!
Great Britain Horsemen
Jaeger

Post by Horsemen »

gamevideo113 wrote:Imo all of this goes to show that the USA police is just excessively violent in too many instances. They are beating up whites, blacks, men, women, young, old, peaceful etc. Still putting their knee on the necks of arrested people after what happened...
It sort of strengthens my opinion that it isn't a racial problem as much as an actual police brutality problem.
Also i agree with vardar that some "fuck the police" are unwarranted. If the police is punishing criminal activity there is no reason to be mad at them, yet some people still complain about that and dump fuel onto the fire.
Anyway, some of the videos are terrifying. I hope the protest will end soon, but i'm not sure that it will be handled in the best possible way...
US police are fucking cool. They have giant guns, gas masks, thick body armour, elite military training, smoke screens, daggers, grenades. Just a fucking badass fighting force. Wish more police were like this around the world.
United States of America XeeleeFlower
Retired Contributor
Xeelee Patron

Post by XeeleeFlower »

Haven't seen it mentioned here yet - there are neonazis/far right/accelerationists/white power types who are stirring shit up and may be the ones spurring the actual riots. If they aren't the ones actually causing them, they are still out there fueling them along under the guise of being part of the peaceful protests.
Time is wise and our wounds seem to heal to the rhythm of aging,
But our past is a ghost fading out that at night it’s still haunting.

http://www.galactanet.com/oneoff/theegg_mod.html
Lancer

Post by vardar »

Yeah that would be pretty bad. Those groups are the ones that should be put in cages and fed year old loaves of bread and spoiled milk
c0ns!