US riots

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
United States of America vardar
Lancer
ESO: VardarB98/DemonDeacs

Re: Minneapolis riots

Post by vardar »

fightinfrenchman wrote:
vardar wrote:
Show hidden quotes
Dodging me questions. This isn’t about the exact timing of when I actually posted this. Answer my question as to why this man go so little attention?
Like I said, one of the reasons is that people like you who apparently care about and didn't just hear about it in the last few days didn't bring it up until now. Another reason is that most people killed by police don't get much attention
Lol, I’m talking about the mass media and headlines and uproar. Because a police kills someone doesn’t mean it’s police brutality. Of course most people that are killed by police aren’t heard, because most people that are killed by police are not cases of police brutality.

This is such an obvious case of police brutality. They were joking about the guy as he literally says “you’re going to kill me.” I never said there wasn’t police brutality and this is a perfect, clear cut case of police brutality and it got such a dismal reaction.

And your argument is “you didn’t bring it up so of course I didn’t hear about it”

I clearly didn’t have to bring up the cases of Ahmaud and George for you to hear about it. Not that those shouldn’t be talked about. They should be and I’ve clearly stated that.

My whole point is the media cherry picks when they want to talk about police brutality and clearly this guy didn’t make the cut for protests.
c0ns!
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

@vardar I pointed out that you were being disingenuous, and nothing you've said since has disproved that.
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
Lancer

Post by vardar »

fightinfrenchman wrote:@vardar I pointed out that you were being disingenuous, and nothing you've said since has disproved that.
I never heard about it until someone brought it up to me just today. When I heard about it I shared it here because it made me quite annoyed that this never got attention along with all the other ones.
c0ns!
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

vardar wrote:
fightinfrenchman wrote:@vardar I pointed out that you were being disingenuous, and nothing you've said since has disproved that.
I never heard about it until someone brought it up to me just today. When I heard about it I shared it here because it made me quite annoyed that this never got attention along with all the other ones.
So you wanted to bring it up "a while ago but never got around to it," yet you just heard about it today?
Lancer

Post by vardar »

fightinfrenchman wrote:
vardar wrote:
So you wanted to bring it up "a while ago but never got around to it," yet you just heard about it today?
A while ago as in this afternoon lol. Are you really trying to argue my nuances and not answer the question of why this was left out??? You really don’t want to admit this was missed do you. Because it doesn’t fit the bill of protest worthy.
c0ns!
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

I already said that most instances of police brutality don't get much coverage in the mass media.

Are you seriously arguing that the phrase "a while ago" generally means "a few hours ago"?
Lancer

Post by vardar »

fightinfrenchman wrote:I already said that most instances of police brutality don't get much coverage in the mass media.

Are you seriously arguing that the phrase "a while ago" generally means "a few hours ago"?
Lol yes they do, they jump on them. There’s a limited instances a year of extreme police brutality that end in death. Innocent people aren’t dying left and right from police. The ones that do, the media jumps on, as they should. Besides this guy.

In the timeframe of this thread, a while ago means this afternoon because I heard it this morning and forgot to post going through my day. So yes, a while ago means earlier today. That is besides the point of my argument.
c0ns!
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

vardar wrote:
fightinfrenchman wrote:I already said that most instances of police brutality don't get much coverage in the mass media.

Lol yes they do, they jump on them. There’s a limited instances a year of extreme police brutality that end in death. Innocent people aren’t dying left and right from police. The ones that do, the media jumps on, as they should. Besides this guy.

In the timeframe of this thread, a while ago means this afternoon because I heard it this morning and forgot to post going through my day. So yes, a while ago means earlier today. That is besides the point of my argument.
If something happened a few hours ago and you say you "never got around to it," you might have dementia. Sleepy vardar!
Lancer

Post by vardar »

fightinfrenchman wrote:
vardar wrote:

If something happened a few hours ago and you say you "never got around to it," you might have dementia. Sleepy vardar!
Lol I have what is called work that made me forget about posting on here! I wanted to post it 10 hours ago, but didn’t get around to it! This is getting away from my point being made... And yes, you do have a point, im getting very sleepy
c0ns!
Great Britain chris1089
Retired Contributor
ESO: chris1089

Post by chris1089 »

@fightinfrenchman maybe there is a distinction between "black people" and rioters and looters?
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

This is in Poland. This is the power of the almighty American media. This is what happens when young generations spend their life on Netflix and Twitter, they must get involved in every media-induced hysteria 1000 miles away. It's like they live in New York and nothing in their own land matters.
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: lamergamer
Clan: c0ns

Post by Sargsyan »

Mr_Bramboy wrote:Image

This is in Poland. This is the power of the almighty American media. This is what happens when young generations spend their life on Netflix and Twitter, they must get involved in every media-induced hysteria 1000 miles away. It's like they live in New York and nothing in their own land matters.
its u ?
krichk wrote:For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge Challenger_Marco
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Reason: on request (off-topic bulk delete)
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Australia wardyb1
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: wardyb1

Post by wardyb1 »

“To love the journey is to accept no such end. I have found, through painful experience, that the most important step a person can take is always the next one.”
Great Britain I_HaRRiiSoN_I
Retired Contributor

Post by I_HaRRiiSoN_I »

After this public fallout / attention on America from World etc. I wonder what the reaction will be / level of riots after the next mass (school) shooting
Australia wardyb1
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: wardyb1

Post by wardyb1 »

Look away guys, nothing to see here.

“To love the journey is to accept no such end. I have found, through painful experience, that the most important step a person can take is always the next one.”
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Garja wrote:
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Garja wrote:
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Garja wrote:
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Garja wrote:
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

vardar wrote:
fightinfrenchman wrote:You actually are
How am I picking and choosing? I’m pointing out a poor sucker y’all missed. This guy gets almost zero attention, why is that? Why did so little people hear about this situation?
Because it happened during Obama's time, when the media weren't seeing every negative event happening in the USA as an opportunity to say "guy in the White House bad", like they do with Trump today. And there was no media scandal potential to talk about some anonymous guy who died because of police mistreatment. It was a different public mood back then.

And it's not just because that guy was white, I think the media wouldn't have made such a fuss in 2016 even if he were black. Now we're in this post-#metoo, #not-my-president era, when every incident gets spread virally on Twitter and it turns into a massive campaign of collective lamenting and moralistic posturing.

I guess the story of that guy you brought up just didn't have the potential for collective, online moralistic posturing as this one has, since he wasn't part of a category of people that are considered disadvantaged, so there was no potential to turn that guy into a hero who died at the hands of the police.
I think there's a lot of accumulated frustration in the USA that hasn't found an outlet. This event provided them with that opportunity to vent about "the system", about the guy in the White House, about systematic this and that.
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: lamergamer
Clan: c0ns

Post by Sargsyan »

iNcog wrote:0 accountability. fuck the police. hopefully all of this costs trump his presidency, not sure though. he has ticked up a fair amount of scandals. so it might work

fucking thugs
lessgo loot some stores bro
krichk wrote:For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge Challenger_Marco
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Black trans "woman" targeted by crowd taking justice in their own hands. #revolution #blm #wokeness

No Flag RefluxSemantic
Gendarme

Post by RefluxSemantic »

iNcog wrote:jesus christ bramboy
I agree with bram to some extend. Why the fuck would people go out and protest something that's completely unrelated to their case. If these people are so against police brutality that they want to protest police brutality in other countries, they'd be protesting 24/7 because there is police brutality all the time in other countries. It's really hypocritical for people in other countries to suddenly join this hype and start protesting something that has been happening in other countries for decades.