US riots

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Re: Minneapolis riots

Post by Dolan »

It's the effect of social media. One normie posts a sob-inducing story on their timeline and all the normies are going into virtue-signalling mode, to gain brownie points on the internet.
Going to such a protest is an extension of that behaviour, it's like chasing pokemons on the city streets with your phone in one hand, except for virtue signalling and chasing brownie points online.

Virtual headspace politics. Hegel would be proud, "the Spirit" has materialised in the form of the internet.
Great Britain oats13
Lancer

Post by oats13 »

Idiots clamber over national memorials-

Police ritually surrenders-

We hold these truths to be self-evident. All men and women created by the you know, you know the thing.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

@oats13
Woke UK police protecting citizens:
too large to be posted directly

Meanwhile knife crime is rampant in the UK, as well as various child grooming gangs. But at least the police will make sure to ask you if you have a loicense for that wooden stick:

United States of America GiBthedurrty
Lancer
Donator 01
Clan: YumiW

Post by GiBthedurrty »

Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Post by princeofcarthage »

lol @Dolan what did I just watch :hmm:
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Post by princeofcarthage »

What the actual fuck.
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

princeofcarthage wrote:What the actual fuck.
Police are bad!
Australia wardyb1
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: wardyb1

Post by wardyb1 »

fightinfrenchman wrote:
Check out the official response too.
“To love the journey is to accept no such end. I have found, through painful experience, that the most important step a person can take is always the next one.”
United States of America vardar
Lancer
ESO: VardarB98/DemonDeacs

Post by vardar »

Jesus
c0ns!
Vietnam duckzilla
Jaeger

Post by duckzilla »

Yeah thanks. Its just 8 in the morning and I've already seen enough for the day.
Whatever is written above: this is no financial advice.

Beati pauperes spiritu.
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

Pretty incredible it all huh? And I think yesterday was the calm before the storm. My advise... stay home Friday, protest by doing something truly revolutionary and build a garden, or do something productive to better yourself. Stop buying from the system and going self sustaining (it takes steps) it will change naturally on its own
Austria knusch
Pro Player
EWTDonator 01

Post by knusch »

howlingwolfpaw wrote:Pretty incredible it all huh? And I think yesterday was the calm before the storm. My advise... stay home Friday, protest by doing something truly revolutionary and build a garden, or do something productive to better yourself.
does work count?
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

I think working would be appropriate. Id stay away from the crowds though.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Two police officers killed so far during these protests.

One black police officer was shot point blank while on duty. A white van pulled up and opened fired on him and another guard. The other survived with injuries.
https://heavy.com/news/2020/05/patrick- ... ce-killed/

Another one was a retired officer who tried to defend a friend's pawn shop from looters. He tried to stop the #woke #revolution and got murdered. Serves him right -- trying to defend corporate interests vested in that friend's pawn shop?
https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/nati ... 133037001/

It's probably not enough to avenge the death of a suspect that resisted arrest because he got caught passing counterfeit money. There needs to be more. What am I saying, the whole world needs to burn for the death of George Floyd. You know, things need to get to the point of civil war and tens of more deaths to maybe come close to being enough.
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by n0el »

Dolan wrote: It's probably not enough to avenge the death of a suspect that resisted arrest because he got caught passing counterfeit money. There needs to be more. What am I saying, the whole world needs to burn for the death of George Floyd. You know, things need to get to the point of civil war and tens of more deaths to maybe come close to being enough.
????
mad cuz bad
Vietnam duckzilla
Jaeger

Post by duckzilla »

It sucks that two police officers died so far. Let's hope the culprits are found and get proper justice.

However, I don't see why the current protests should stop due to this. Even if the culprits were protesters (two out of millions), there is no reason to stop legitimate protests, especially given that the police reconfirms the protesters with its ongoing brutality.

Beati pauperes spiritu.
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by n0el »

duckzilla wrote:It sucks that two police officers died so far. Let's hope the culprits are found and get proper justice.

However, I don't see why the current protests should stop due to this. Even if the culprits were protesters (two out of millions), there is no reason to stop legitimate protests, especially given that the police reconfirms the protesters with its ongoing brutality.
The protesters have a better record than the police.
mad cuz bad
Austria knusch
Pro Player
EWTDonator 01

Post by knusch »

lets be honest everyone agrees that ppl have a right to protest. most if not all will agree that police brutality is a problem and needs to be addressed.
as regards to riots or looting i don't consider this the same "protest" and police shouldn't be basically standing by watching it - throwing away any legitimacy of the executive branch.
is this a radical point of view?
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

Yeah not sure why people are freaking out about that video. That man is clearly not following social distancing guidelines. Try coming up that close to someone in the supermarket, chances are he will shove you too.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

duckzilla wrote:It sucks that two police officers died so far. Let's hope the culprits are found and get proper justice.

It sucks that an arrested suspect died so far. Let's hope the culprits are found and get proper justice.

However, I don't see why the current police actions should stop due to this. Even if the culprits were police officers (a few out of millions), there is no reason to stop legitimate law enforcement, especially given that the looting and rioting with its ongoing brutality reconfirms the police's efforts to maintain public order.
Vietnam duckzilla
Jaeger

Post by duckzilla »

Dolan wrote:

It sucks that an arrested suspect died so far. Let's hope the culprits are found and get proper justice.

However, I don't see why the current police actions should stop due to this. Even if the culprits were police officers (a few out of millions), there is no reason to stop legitimate law enforcement, especially given that the looting and rioting with its ongoing brutality reconfirms the police's efforts to maintain public order.
Reversing my argument only works in your head, not in reality.

Beati pauperes spiritu.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

I had a dream that I was at a protest in Philadelphia last night. There were some businesses that were boarded up but one of them just had a bunch of merchandise hanging on shelves outside the store. I considered stealing something but then I thought it might be a trap so I didn't. Then I cloned my dead cat twice
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

n0el wrote:

The protesters have a better record than the police.
OK, keep going like right now and in a few decades you might not have the country in one single piece.