US riots

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
France iNcog
Ninja

Re: US riots

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Reason: on request (off-topic bulk delete)
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote: ↑
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Austria knusch
Pro Player
EWTDonator 01

Post by knusch »

thankfully all these ignorant old ppl that build the world around u r finally dying!
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Yeah, incog and the ear will lead the new world with their innovations and discoveries.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

I don't see what other point do you see in that image, except what I've told you, unless you have some kind of twisted way of interpreting it. It's simply the idea of comparing the culture from which blacks came (Africa) to the culture to which they came (USA).
Are they today better off compared to their relatives in Africa or worse?

Because all this hatred for the past is focused on historical figures and how "harmful" the culture from which they came was (or as you said, how shit we used to be in the past, etc).
But it's the same culture that is responsible for the outcomes we see today in terms of the difference in quality of life between what blacks in the USA have and what blacks in Africa have. That's really all there is to that image. It's so self-evident, it's awkward I have to explain this to you.
Austria knusch
Pro Player
EWTDonator 01

Post by knusch »

iNcog wrote:
knusch wrote:
fightinfrenchman wrote:Remember when Headkilla left the forums because of the racism
remember when jerom left because of some clowns that believe insulting a person replaces an actually argument?
I provided lots of arguments in this thread, provided lots of instances of problems within the police force. They were all pointedly ignored by Jerom and others. In the end, I decided to merely repeat my point that silence is complicity. Which was also ignored. I'm still surprised at the lengths people will go with their mental gymnastics in order to apologize for racial injustice. You guys constantly undermine problems that black people have faced throughout history. The only thing that does make it so that we can continue this status quo of treating black people like second or third class citizens.

This thread ran its course a while back.

I honestly don't care if Jerom got butthurt. These discussions are important and stands need to be made in order for us to progress. Sorry, not sorry. Call me a clown if you want, but I'm still right. Except I don't take it personally like you guys did when there is a disagreement. Maybe some subconscious guilt caught up with you guys and that's why you can't even respectfully disagree. Not my problem.
this was never a "discussion". as soon as anyone questions something or merely disagrees that person is called a racist - @fightinfrenchman prob hasn't found the time to google the defintion of it yet. keep on the good fight, don quixote!
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor
ESO: Octanium

Post by Ashvin »

You know a thread has done its course when there are only 3 posters giving shit to each other.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

@iNcog
I don't have a problem admitting that my country's culture was shit for most of its existence and it failed to develop anything significant for most of its history. Does that make me racist against Romanians or an anti-Romanian?
No, I'm just being realistic that my people failed to develop anything of great significance for most of their history.

There might be some excuses for why this happened and some of them might be valid (bad neighbourhood), but if we fail to develop in the next 30-50 years, we will run out of historical excuses.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Yeah and I made the same argument with that image. Let's face it, Africa didn't manage to reach any significant level of development even when it was completely free of any external meddling.

And it's not just Africa. Look at Australian natives, aborigines. They have been living on that big island for about 50.000 years in complete isolation. Nobody ever invaded or messed with them, since hardly anyone knew they existed. What kind of civilisation did aborigines develop eventually, even though they had more than 50 thousand years of freedom? See, you're not as knowledgeable as I am about anthropology or about anything for that matter, I don't like saying this, but your moralistic tone and complete lack of knowledge on these subjects are at odds.
Austria knusch
Pro Player
EWTDonator 01

Post by knusch »

iNcog wrote: *That point being attempting to undermine the social movement that is BLM/protesting is basically a form of racism. Racism is literally a subconscious state of mind that has wormed its way into society in ways that are not immediately apparent. To dispute this is another form of that subconscious racism. You can deny it all you want, but I feel that it's more productive to accept that it is the way of of things. We should be aware of it and attempt to catch the racism where it is found and disarm it. Only by being aware as an individual and a collective will we ever move in the right direction. There is no disputing this argument of mine, no matter how hard you all (it does tend to be Europeans and not any of my American peers, interestingly enough) try to undermine this concept by asking for statistics or proof of institutionalized racism. I'm hardly the only person in this thread or in this world with this stance. Disputing it is mildly racist.

Just because you SAY you aren't racist or sexist or bigoted doesn't mean that you actually aren't. It is a state of being that is within us all. If we want to combat it, then we must be aware of it. Denying that we are, like Jerom and others did in this thread, does not go in that direction. You can't pat yourself on the back and tell yourself that you're better than racism when the ill-effects of racism benefited YOU directly or indirectly.
doesn't sound at all like a religious cult.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

iNcog wrote:You can't pat yourself on the back and tell yourself that you're better than racism when the ill-effects of racism benefited YOU directly or indirectly.
How exactly did racism benefit me directly or indirectly?

I know that this was addressed to knusch, but still, I'm curious if it was a general statement related to a generic "you" or if it referred specifically to someone from Austria.
Austria knusch
Pro Player
EWTDonator 01

Post by knusch »

Dolan wrote:
iNcog wrote:You can't pat yourself on the back and tell yourself that you're better than racism when the ill-effects of racism benefited YOU directly or indirectly.
How exactly did racism benefit me directly or indirectly?
YOU SHALL NOT ASK QUESTIONS!
RACIST!!!!!
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Well, it seems that when it comes to actually defending your point of view, you prefer to just throw labels around and refuse to debate.
I guess, yeah, I'm the "bigot" here, the guy who is willing to debate whatever with whoever wants.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

knusch wrote:
fightinfrenchman wrote:Remember when Headkilla left the forums because of the racism
remember when jerom left because of some clowns that believe insulting a person replaces an actually argument?
He insults people all the time. One of the most aggressive posters here
Austria knusch
Pro Player
EWTDonator 01

Post by knusch »

Goodspeed wrote:
knusch wrote:
He insults people all the time. One of the most aggressive posters here
no comparison to @fightinfrenchman who is hands down the most insulting poster here, insulting to anyone's intelligence...
Austria knusch
Pro Player
EWTDonator 01

Post by knusch »

iNcog wrote:
knusch wrote:
iNcog wrote: *That point being attempting to undermine the social movement that is BLM/protesting is basically a form of racism. Racism is literally a subconscious state of mind that has wormed its way into society in ways that are not immediately apparent. To dispute this is another form of that subconscious racism. You can deny it all you want, but I feel that it's more productive to accept that it is the way of of things. We should be aware of it and attempt to catch the racism where it is found and disarm it. Only by being aware as an individual and a collective will we ever move in the right direction. There is no disputing this argument of mine, no matter how hard you all (it does tend to be Europeans and not any of my American peers, interestingly enough) try to undermine this concept by asking for statistics or proof of institutionalized racism. I'm hardly the only person in this thread or in this world with this stance. Disputing it is mildly racist.

Just because you SAY you aren't racist or sexist or bigoted doesn't mean that you actually aren't. It is a state of being that is within us all. If we want to combat it, then we must be aware of it. Denying that we are, like Jerom and others did in this thread, does not go in that direction. You can't pat yourself on the back and tell yourself that you're better than racism when the ill-effects of racism benefited YOU directly or indirectly.
doesn't sound at all like a religious cult.
I fail to see the comparison.

I'm honestly much more versed in sexism than racism, to be frank. I've talked this topic a lot, with different women and they have pointed out things in society that are sexist and ingrained. It's hard to know about it from out viewpoint as men, but if you are aware of it, you can pick up on it. Also this may apply more to American culture than European ones, but as far as I can tell it exists in every society. It's also a lot easier for me to see, as I am in an American conservative climate, in a very conservative and "masculine" industry which is aviation.

I can pretty easily draw parallels between sexist and racism (which can be grouped into "bigotry"), thus even if I am not well versed with the specifics of racism (not having very many black friends and even less of them willing to discuss racism anyway), I can be aware of it.

I'm surprised that you would compare this talking point to a religious cult. In this case, I don't know that I am Don Quixote. We could talk more about it, but I don't see you as interested in the topic either way.

If I'm being disrespectful in this post, please point out where, so that I can amend it to be more respectful. I'm not apologetic about Jerom but I do feel bad.
listening to u quote from the holy book of racism. one shall not ask any questions nor disagree as this is the truth. simply sit there in silence and nod your head as sign of agreement. all that is expected from u is silence as for once and only once silence is not violence...
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

France captainpouple
Crossbow
ESO: bilbo_the_rabbit

Post by captainpouple »

just kidding :uglylol: :uglylol: :uglylol: :uglylol: :uglylol:
spoiler