US riots

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Re: US riots

Post by Riotcoke »

Why is ESOC mostly European but controlled by Americans?

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
United States of America 007Salt
Dragoon

Post by 007Salt »

Riotcoke wrote:Why is ESOC mostly European but controlled by Americans?
lol....... I see what you did there
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Riotcoke wrote:Why is ESOC mostly European but controlled by Americans?
Something something vocal minority
Great Britain chris1089
Retired Contributor
ESO: chris1089

Post by chris1089 »

iNcog wrote:
chris1089 wrote:
Cometk wrote:Idk dude, trying to explain poverty as endemic to a particular race because they are genetically inferior is so daft that it really doesn’t have a place on this site
Make it look daft then by putting holes through the argument and showing how it is leaky.
The issue with this logic is that it presupposes that the notion of racism in the first place is even logically sound or genuine. We all know that it isnt.
You've got it completely the wrong way around. My argument assumes that the notion of racism is completely absurd in the first place so it can be easily refuted. How do you make this stuff up?
United States of America occamslightsaber
Retired Contributor
ESO: L1BERTYPR1ME

Post by occamslightsaber »

Interesting commentary about police statistics on the WSJ.

https://www.wsj.com/amp/articles/what-t ... 1592845959
The scientific term for China creating free units is Mitoe-sis.

I intend all my puns.
United States of America Cometk
Retired Contributor

Post by Cometk »

No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

occamslightsaber wrote:Interesting commentary about police statistics on the WSJ.

Unfortunately good journalism has decided to exist behind a paywall even if its contents are for a greater good.
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by n0el »

deleted_user wrote:
occamslightsaber wrote:Interesting commentary about police statistics on the WSJ.

Unfortunately good journalism has decided to exist behind a paywall even if its contents are for a greater good.
Good thing the source isn't. Here is the paper that the article on the WSJ talks about: https://scholar.harvard.edu/fryer/publi ... -use-force

and some interesting counters.

https://scholar.harvard.edu/jfeldman/bl ... ngs-police

https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm ... id=3336338

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41599-018-0110-z
mad cuz bad
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

deleted_user wrote:

Put a . behind the .com. That will bypass any paywalls.

https://www.wsj.com./amp/articles/what- ... 1592845959

edit: turns out WSJ uses a more advanced paywall - but this trick works for other websites behind a paywall.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

n0el wrote:No, Dolan is just posturing that white jews are a superior intellectual race. Of course that kind of logic has never escalated into anything beyond banter before in the course of history.
Well, what you're saying is a serious accusation that I'd like to take to court, if possible. So, if you stand behind your statement, I wouldn't mind pressing formal charges of calumny against you. Because you should suffer the legal consequences of this kind of statements. I don't see why I should continue to argue against your bullshit strawmen and completely biased interpretations of everything I posted on this site. You're either unable to comprehend the arguments I'm making or you are intentionally distorting and putting a spin on even the most benign piece of information I'm posting.

No, I've never argued for any kind of supremacism or any kind of killings in the name of anything. And yet, you have the nerve to accuse me of all this stuff and block any attempt on my part to even defend my points of view. This should be good enough reason for you to be dismissed from your position on this site.

This is the kind of interpretations you're making up. If I'm posting that ethnicity X has on average taller individuals partially due to genetics, you'd be accusing me I'm arguing for some kind of supremacism or genocidal policies. Like seriously, how did you even graduate from primary school with such reasoning abilities? Since when is pointing out genetic differences between different ancestries evidence of support for any particular policies?
I could accuse you that the reason why you reacted like that, as your post even shows since you specifically mention it, is your anti-Semitism. There are posts on this site which might indicate you have a certain dislike for this ethnic group, so maybe the reason why you reacted like that was the implication that a certain group you dislike would somehow outperform you.

Secondly, who appointed you in this position? On what basis do you make such decisions that don't even concern whatever your role in the ESOC board is. Who can hold you accountable for the fact that you have been overriding mods and acting as if you own this site. Your decisions pushed out people who have played a meaningful role in the AOE3 community for years, when nobody knew who you were, except that you were some kind of sidekick of h2o.

See, folks? I've warned you years ago about the consequences of letting a certain clique control this site and now you're seeing the effects of that. This clique led by a literal Communist is imposing their views and making decisions on a whim, according to their radical leftwing ideology, suppressing free speech and only allowing debate if it evolves along the lines of their ideology. Anything else must be censored and squashed. And they're doing that despite any protestations from other mods or users on this site, as if their opinion stands for nothing.

If that's the case, then, you can continue this circle-jerk of opinions you already agree with, since that will surely validate whatever you believe in and give you the illusion of being right.
Retired Contributor

Post by Cometk »

Cry more
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Go prance around in your Boy Pablo shorts, shortie. :pop:
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

Cometk wrote:Cry more
Why? He's right. Goodspeed started as off topic mod under the condition that there would be no interference, after I banned the ear due to a lack of decision-making. Goodspeed left because of said unlawful interference.
Retired Contributor

Post by Cometk »

Racial genetics: 1
Addressing issues via socioeconomic factors: 0
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Reason: on request (off-topic bulk delete)
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Reason: on request (off-topic bulk delete)
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

chris1089 wrote:
iNcog wrote:
Show hidden quotes
The issue with this logic is that it presupposes that the notion of racism in the first place is even logically sound or genuine. We all know that it isnt.
You've got it completely the wrong way around. My argument assumes that the notion of racism is completely absurd in the first place so it can be easily refuted. How do you make this stuff up?
I agree with this. In my opinion nothing should be off limits. If a topic is ridiculous and absurd, it should be demonstrated so. Things should be dealt with on their merits rather than being automatically dismissed.
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Post by Riotcoke »

@n0el Litreal Communist, see you in court mate.

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
Great Britain chris1089
Retired Contributor
ESO: chris1089

Post by chris1089 »

Riotcoke wrote:@n0el Litreal Communist, see you in court mate.
This was the one thing that almost stopped me liking his post.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

I didn't realize I could sue people on here, this will be changing things going forward
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
Austria knusch
Pro Player
EWTDonator 01

Post by knusch »

i think the one biggest issue in this thread is that once u disagree or question something it is automatically assumed that u coming from a bad place. as soon as u deem a person simply immoral or evil instead of giving one the benefit of the doubt it ofc becomes easy to dismiss that person.
i've listened quite a bit to podcasts including Glenn Loury, John McWhorter & Coleman Hughes this week. i think that the perspectives offered in these discussions align rly well with jerom (yeah i'm gonna assume this xD) and myself.

i am certainly biased but i'd like to believe that if for example @iNcog gives it a try and listens to theire arguments and discussions it might open a certain understanding for other's opinion (beyond "any questioning of a premise or explanation is simply downplaying racism and hence u r a racist" )

@fightinfrenchman u my friend r a lost cause tho
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

@knusch I'll see you in court
Great Britain Horsemen
Jaeger

Post by Horsemen »

fightinfrenchman wrote:@knusch I'll see you in court
I have the best lawyers
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Horsemen wrote:
fightinfrenchman wrote:@knusch I'll see you in court
I have the best lawyers
This is an insult to my lawyers, and you will be seeing my lawyers in court represented by each other
No Flag lejend
Jaeger

Post by lejend »

Coming back to ESOC after a week of absence

Sounds like this thread should be locked for a couple weeks to give you guys time to cool off. You know, the more you insult someone, the more hurt they'll feel and the more they'll try to hurt you back by saying things they don't even believe. Flamewars are a race to the bottom and everyone comes out a loser in the end. I'd ask you to apologize to each other but I know no one wants to be the first to do it so it won't happen.

I also see that @RefluxSemantic s left the forum and @Goodspeed is off the moderation team. Unless these and other recent developments are reversed I doubt I and others will be posting here for long.

This forum has really taken a turn for the worse lately. I don't know what's gotten into you guys. If you keep this up, the whole community could fall apart before the end of the year.