Are we seeing the biggest bubble in modern history?

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Are we seeing the biggest bubble in modern history?

Post by spanky4ever »

I have watched the stocks take a bow, and then rice up again, and Dow Jones is at a record high. At the same time, the unemployment numbers are record high, and - for most companies - the profit are taking a BIG dive down.

So what is going on here? Are we seeing the biggest stock market bubble in history?
To be honest with you, I am pretty worried now, because there is no results holding companies UP, but they keep on rising to record highs.

I know that the USA poured 1,5 Trillion dollars into the "flow" - but that money did not go the ppl in general. If they had done that - give the money to ppl who will actually spend it, or into building "things" - I would be more confidant that it could have any sustainability :!:
What are they doing instead :!:
They are printing money to give to corporations that already are in debt over their heads.
That is crazy in my mind, but you might be having other points of view? Please share, and we will maybe be more enlightened, or reassured ;)
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Re: Are we seeing the biggest bubble in modern history?

Post by fightinfrenchman »

I read a thing that said due to the quarantine a lot of people are getting into stocks/day trading for the first time, which could be one reason stocks have kept going up
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
United States of America SoldieR
Pro Player
ESO: SoldieR

Post by SoldieR »

I can say that I did, and everyone i know, get a $1200 check about a month ago. Also many people I know that are on unemployment because of covid are getting additional $600 per week
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

fightinfrenchman wrote:I read a thing that said due to the quarantine a lot of people are getting into stocks/day trading for the first time, which could be one reason stocks have kept going up
I think a lot of ppl are day trading, for it to drop.
But that is not the economy though. It is speculating, and that will not sustain anything.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Yeah, stocks are basically a rubber balloon in which "investors" are constantly blowing hot air until it punctures, deflating and making weird fart noises.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

yeah, that fart will make a big bad smell @Dolan
Get out of it now, if you are in ppl :)
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

Could we face another Bank collapse? How will that affect YOU, if you have mortgages in a bank that goes belly up? I do not know, but maybe somebody can tell me?
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

tbh, I am pretty scared now :shock:
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

The crush of the labor movement, meant the rice of Big Companies, squeezing the working class. Now it seems like it will be payback because if ppl can not buy your stuff, you are going to be out of business. I think this is what is happening now. The consuømers are gone.
If a "marked" or an "economy" will grow, there is always the dual party; the producer and the consumers. If the consumers/workers are being held dows, then it is only a question of time before the producers are also going down. This is what we are seeing now! The Feds and Trump (Obama also) made this look like a recovery, but it did not happen in USA, not for the ordinary worker anyway.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Reason: on request (off-topic bulk delete)
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
United States of America occamslightsaber
Retired Contributor
ESO: L1BERTYPR1ME

Post by occamslightsaber »

iNcog wrote:
IAmSoldieR wrote:I can say that I did, and everyone i know, get a $1200 check about a month ago. Also many people I know that are on unemployment because of covid are getting additional $600 per week
shit I just realized I still haven't gotten mine

dammit
Wait you are still waiting on that $1200? Have you filed your tax return this year?

Also the Dow was already falling considerably today before spanky made this thread. It’s the worst day for the Dow since March, mostly due to the fears of renewed coronavirus surges.
The scientific term for China creating free units is Mitoe-sis.

I intend all my puns.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

@occamslightsaber I know the dow failed badly today. It's probably due to the unemployment numbers that are way worse than The Donald portrayed them to be + the coronavirus are staying longer and spreading fast in a country like the USA, that chouse to not use the tools in hand, to deal with it. Donald Dump again :(
The argument I was trying to make in my OP, is that the Dow had a record yesterday, even after the economics are plummeting. That should worry us all, and not only the US :o
Australia wardyb1
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: wardyb1

Post by wardyb1 »

I think the issue is that corporations (and investors) have the solid belief that the government will bail them out no matter what. As long as the company looks good in the good times, they believe that if everyone goes into the bad times the government will save them. Which leads to terrible business practices. And this is the problem with how things are being run. If you want a free market, then let it be one. Let the rich get rich in the good times, and let shit businesses bite the dust in the bad. Or regulate the system properly, which leads to lower highs, but higher lows. Right not though, it is high highs and high lows which which only benefits corporations and no one of the society and government in which they function.
“To love the journey is to accept no such end. I have found, through painful experience, that the most important step a person can take is always the next one.”
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Garja wrote:
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Great Britain Horsemen
Jaeger

Post by Horsemen »

Stocks are rising because there is no alternative. What else are you going to buy, negative yielding govt bonds?
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Garja wrote:
United States of America occamslightsaber
Retired Contributor
ESO: L1BERTYPR1ME

Post by occamslightsaber »

iNcog wrote:
occamslightsaber wrote:
Show hidden quotes
Wait you are still waiting on that $1200? Have you filed your tax return this year?

Also the Dow was already falling considerably today before spanky made this thread. It’s the worst day for the Dow since March, mostly due to the fears of renewed coronavirus surges.
yes, I have. I've already gotten my tax returns

People kept explaining to me that as a taxpayer, I would get the stimulus check. Well, nope.
I know people with green cards who did get their stimulus check in full though. May be your tax return is being processed? One of my friends had his CPA to put his 2018 tax return (still being processed) on hold and claim the stimulus money as a nonfiler on the IRS website. You should look into it quickly, I think.
The scientific term for China creating free units is Mitoe-sis.

I intend all my puns.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Garja wrote:
Vietnam duckzilla
Jaeger

Post by duckzilla »

I know a guy who got the American stimulus check because his mother was American. He himself lived in Germany his whole life and only has German citizenship. He called some office in the US and they just sent him a DJT check.
Can't be too difficult to get?!
Whatever is written above: this is no financial advice.

Beati pauperes spiritu.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

O no, the DOW is back to January 2019 levels. Time to make a run for it and go live out in the sticks.

Call me when it drops 10-15.000 points, then I might be impressed.
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by n0el »

fightinfrenchman wrote:I read a thing that said due to the quarantine a lot of people are getting into stocks/day trading for the first time, which could be one reason stocks have kept going up
Stocks are up for one reason and only one reason, the Fed injeted 3 trillion dollars into the market in the last two months.
mad cuz bad
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

n0el wrote:
Stocks are up for one reason and only one reason, the Fed injeted 3 trillion dollars into the market in the last two months.
It was good to do that
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by n0el »

fightinfrenchman wrote:
n0el wrote:
It was good to do that
No it wasn't
mad cuz bad