2020 cOuLdN't gEt aNy wOrSe

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
No Flag Djigit
Howdah

2020 cOuLdN't gEt aNy wOrSe

Post by Djigit »

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-53072756
Vienna police fine man €500 for 'massive intestinal wind'

Breaking wind in public may be a social taboo, but it's not often that people face financial consequences for it.

But that was the case for one man in Austria, who was fined €500 (£448, $564) after doing so at police in Vienna earlier this month.

The city's police have defended the fine, saying it was for more than that.

"Of course no-one will be reported for accidentally 'letting one go' once," Vienna's police department said on Twitter.

Responding after a photo of the charge sheet - issued for "violating public decency" - was shared on social media, the police department said the suspect "had already behaved in a provocative and unco-operative manner" when he was approached by police in the early hours of 5 June.

He then rose from a park bench, "looked at the officers and apparently intentionally released a massive intestinal wind in the immediate vicinity of the officers".

And, as the suspect found to his own cost, members of the city's police force "prefer not to be farted at".
Austria knusch
Pro Player
EWTDonator 01

Re: 2020 cOuLdN't gEt aNy wOrSe

Post by knusch »

glad other ppl r picking up on the shit us poor austrians have to go through.
appreciate it ;)
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Post by princeofcarthage »

Yea read this, so stupid
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Reason: on request (off-topic bulk delete)
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
European Union aaryngend
Howdah
Clan: N3O

Post by aaryngend »

He should start working at Riot Games, stuff like this is common there. Or so I heard!
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

It can....

Australia wardyb1
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: wardyb1

Post by wardyb1 »

howlingwolfpaw wrote:It can....

Not good news for anyone unfortunately. Never good to have 2 nuclear nations clashing, especially with Pakistan also in the region making it 3 nuclear nations.
“To love the journey is to accept no such end. I have found, through painful experience, that the most important step a person can take is always the next one.”
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

wardyb1 wrote:

Not good news for anyone unfortunately. Never good to have 2 nuclear nations clashing, especially with Pakistan also in the region making it 3 nuclear nations.

Along side that N Korea and S Korea are clashing as well.

China and Taiwan are tense,

China promises 3 border fight to India if it escalates.

And USA caught in the middle too.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

How do I know who to support there? Which side is the least Satanic?
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
Australia wardyb1
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: wardyb1

Post by wardyb1 »

howlingwolfpaw wrote:
wardyb1 wrote:

Along side that N Korea and S Korea are clashing as well.

China and Taiwan are tense,

China promises 3 border fight to India if it escalates.

And USA caught in the middle too.
The China India clash is definitely the most dangerous though. Experts have been expecting N Korea to escalate for a while after they lost leverage after the failed deal with the US to get sanctions relief. Most foreign policy experts expect to just continue to be posturing (dangerous posturing) but just posturing and no real escalation past that. This will essentially give them some leverage back and help them to try and reinitiate sanction relief talks. Probably won't go anywhere though because N Korea have absolutely no will to even partially denuclearise, which is kind of silly because the S Korean government will probably be the best one to talk with in the near future.

As for China and Taiwan, it is terrible for Taiwan but offers no real threat to global peace unless the US decided to step in which I think is highly unlikely.
“To love the journey is to accept no such end. I have found, through painful experience, that the most important step a person can take is always the next one.”
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

China is caught on so many fronts right now, a war is the last thing they'd want. But they're not going to want to look like a pushover either.
I don't think this has the potential to escalate into a war, but it's going to aggravate some things in the region and there are other powers lying in wait, hoping to take advantage from a weakened China.
There are lots of issues pulling at China right now.
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

I mean lets hope so....

but keep in mind they have a huge army, and most of their men have no chance at getting married or having a family because of decades of the 1 child china rule, many of them want to die for the homeland.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Why does anyone choose to live lol
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

It could be worse. Aliens could be nuking the earth right now. Also imagine Go not existing :o
Austria knusch
Pro Player
EWTDonator 01

Post by knusch »

Goodspeed wrote:It could be worse. Aliens could be nuking the earth right now. Also imagine Go not existing :o
don't spoil the 2nd half of it. the false flag alien invasion to install a world government is coming...
Vietnam duckzilla
Jaeger

Post by duckzilla »

knusch wrote:
Goodspeed wrote:It could be worse. Aliens could be nuking the earth right now. Also imagine Go not existing :o
don't spoil the 2nd half of it. the false flag alien invasion to install a world government is coming...
Sounds good, actually.
I, for one, welcome our new overlords.
Whatever is written above: this is no financial advice.

Beati pauperes spiritu.
Austria knusch
Pro Player
EWTDonator 01

Post by knusch »

duckzilla wrote:
knusch wrote:
Sounds good, actually.
I, for one, welcome our new overlords.
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Post by princeofcarthage »

Dolan wrote:China is caught on so many fronts right now, a war is the last thing they'd want. But they're not going to want to look like a pushover either.
I don't think this has the potential to escalate into a war, but it's going to aggravate some things in the region and there are other powers lying in wait, hoping to take advantage from a weakened China.
China is caught on so many fronts but not all fronts are same. Against India they would need mostly army and artillery, while in south China Sea it is mostly navy and airforce. This very much has the potential to escalate. The situation is deeply rooted in history. They also have lot of other advantages, they can do proxy war using Pakistan, they are already instigating Nepal against India, They have North Korea to keep SK, and other potential powers in check.

If you factor in that flow of information in China is controlled completely by government, garnering domestic support for war by pinning the blame on India and US is very easy. Recession, failed international diplomacy, C-19 and other things, war would actually be a great distraction and as a means to solidify control. Also remember China has barely anything to lose if at all any.* Main China lies 1000km away from Indian border.
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor
ESO: Octanium

Post by Ashvin »

moDIJi cAN BEat tHE shIT ouT Of chINeSe Army WitH his PINkY fINGer.
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

princeofcarthage wrote:
Dolan wrote:China is caught on so many fronts right now, a war is the last thing they'd want. But they're not going to want to look like a pushover either.
China is caught on so many fronts but not all fronts are same. Against India they would need mostly army and artillery, while in south China Sea it is mostly navy and airforce. This very much has the potential to escalate. The situation is deeply rooted in history. They also have lot of other advantages, they can do proxy war using Pakistan, they are already instigating Nepal against India, They have North Korea to keep SK, and other potential powers in check.

If you factor in that flow of information in China is controlled completely by government, garnering domestic support for war by pinning the blame on India and US is very easy. Recession, failed international diplomacy, C-19 and other things, war would actually be a great distraction and as a means to solidify control. Also remember China has barely anything to lose if at all any.* Main China lies 1000km away from Indian border.

I can't say I know the feel of the people exactly, and I stopped watching what was going on in china once covid hit USA, but then it seemed like a lot of their population was upset with the draconian measures to lock people up in houses etc.... so they might need a distraction to galvanize people to a cause.

I guess some people want to say these things happen more frequently than we realize but I do not think anyone should ever discount what is going on now with the world economy in shambles and even worse on the way (since most people on unemployment actually making an extra 600$ a week, the past few months have actually seen a wage/ spending increase but that will not last forever, as well as many people behind on rent and once the eviction freeze ends millions will be kicked out of places potentially) so the real economic downside isn't even happening yet.