Hi

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
United States of America XeeleeFlower
Retired Contributor
Xeelee Patron

Hi

Post by XeeleeFlower »

Hey everyone, I've been away for a little over a month now, but have returned. I'm going through the many many pages of threads that I have missed during this time and holy shit have you all been busy. I heard that there were some bans, some changing of staff, and some other people leaving all which depresses me, but hey what else is new.

If anyone cares, I had to take a break due to the amount of disappointment that I had in some individual's posts. I expect certain things from certain people and when people who I don't expect certain things from express those things, well, I get disappointed. Not anyone's fault but my own due to my whole placing people on pedestals thing that I love doing. Due to the amount of stress that I was already feeling from the COVID shit and then the recent protests, I was just emotionally overwhelmed.

While I've been away, my great aunt died, which was and is really difficult for me and my family. I wish I could've seen her before she died. She had cancer, but had beaten it and was her normal badass self at christmas when I saw her last. She started to feel bad a couple of months ago, went to the doctor, found out that the cancer had returned, but was now in her brain. Thought she would have more time, but she didn't.

My aunt tried to kill herself. My uncle had to break down a door and perform CPR to bring her back to life. She left a note that said nothing but do not resuscitate. No explain. No I love you's to anyone. Nothing. She was in a coma for a couple of days and they weren't sure if she was going to make it and if she did make it, if she would be permanently brain damaged. She's doing okay now and is finally talking through issues that no one knew she had with people.

It's been extremely difficult for me to not just jump on a plane back to the States, but I weighed the risks and it's just too risky. Fucking COVID.

All that to say that I've kinda been going through a really shitty time recently, which is why I've been away for so long. It's definitely been weird to not be a part of this community and I feel that I've missed a lot, but it's been needed for my own mental health. I hope everyone else has been and is doing well. Thanks for reading.
Time is wise and our wounds seem to heal to the rhythm of aging,
But our past is a ghost fading out that at night it’s still haunting.

http://www.galactanet.com/oneoff/theegg_mod.html
France iNcog
Ninja

Re: Hi

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Reason: on request (off-topic bulk delete)
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Retired Contributor
Xeelee Patron

Post by XeeleeFlower »

iNcog wrote:holy shit man

:hmm:

I dont have any words that would do anything justice to your post. shoot me a pm on whatsapp or discord if you feel like it, dont force it if peace is better. that's a lot to unload. I am a bad friend. wish I could have been there for you like you have for me
You're not a bad friend. No one (except GS) knew what I was/am going through because I'm terrible about reaching out. I need to be better at expressing myself, especially when I hurt.

France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Reason: on request (off-topic bulk delete)
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

Glad to see you back, this has been a particularly shitty several months for a lot of us. Glad to hear your aunt is okay
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

Damn .. I fear I'm not equipped to help you with this. Don't focus too much on the forum stuff; it's irrelevant on a broader scale. Take care and let's hope the rest of the year treats you better.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

@XeeleeFlower I'm sorry to hear about your loss. Losing loved ones is one of the worst parts of being humans. Be sure that you're taking proper care of yourself, both mentally and physically.
India rsy
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by rsy »

Great seeing you back Xeelee! Missed your positivity around here big time.
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by n0el »

<3
mad cuz bad
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor
ESO: Octanium

Post by Ashvin »

Hang in there X, it's a bad time but it will pass.
Vietnam duckzilla
Jaeger

Post by duckzilla »

XeeleeFlower wrote:While I've been away, my great aunt died, which was and is really difficult for me and my family. I wish I could've seen her before she died. She had cancer, but had beaten it and was her normal badass self at christmas when I saw her last. She started to feel bad a couple of months ago, went to the doctor, found out that the cancer had returned, but was now in her brain. Thought she would have more time, but she didn't.

My aunt tried to kill herself. My uncle had to break down a door and perform CPR to bring her back to life. She left a note that said nothing but do not resuscitate. No explain. No I love you's to anyone. Nothing. She was in a coma for a couple of days and they weren't sure if she was going to make it and if she did make it, if she would be permanently brain damaged. She's doing okay now and is finally talking through issues that no one knew she had with people.
Wow these are terrible news. Sincere condolences regarding your great aunt and all the best to your aunt.
Talking is good, your aunt seems to have her own personal demons, but that does not mean that she has to fight it alone.
Whatever is written above: this is no financial advice.

Beati pauperes spiritu.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

I'm sorry to hear that.

I have to deal with someting similar in my family, my dad seems to be dying or in the last stages of his illness. And there's not much, if anything, I can do for him. Just helping my mom deal with all the stuff right now. He can't even properly walk or stand on his feet anymore. He can't feed himself anymore. Can't wash, etc. We have to do all that stuff for him now. And he can't talk either. He just stares blankly into space.

What can you do about that but just help where you can, and move on.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

<3 angela

we stay strong
Retired Contributor
Xeelee Patron

Post by XeeleeFlower »

Thanks everyone for your kind words. It's appreciated.

@Dolan I'm really sad for what you're going through right now. Thank you for sharing that part of your life with us. I hope you're taking care of yourself. I doubt you need it, but if you want/need to just vent about things, feel free to shoot me a message here or elsewhere. Hugs to you my friend.