On the subject of race

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
No Flag JaguarProwlerKnoob
Musketeer
ESO: JaimePasTaFace

Re: ESOC and Racism

Post by JaguarProwlerKnoob »

007Salt wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:
Show hidden quotes
Sigh, I see you didn't read my posts...

Assimilation isn't racial, it's cultural. The goal is to unite people around a unique culture, the culture of the country, regardless of their origin and skin colour. As I said, a black guy who acts according to the valuse and culture of his country is better assimilited than a white guy who doesn't like his culture.
This means that everyone is treated with respect, "new people" (by that I mean immigrants who recently came to the country), just need to make a little effort to learn the new culture and values.

Why is that "unique culture" a must ? Because else, society gets split into different communities, with different cultures, ie communautarism, and it's always led to instability and racism.

Frankly, it's a very Western thing to refuse assimilation because "it's not nice" or idk what. Just look at the arabic or asian countries, the stable ones are the assimilationist countries, all the multicultural ones got at least one civil war.
I really have no use to read your posts... There's no use in treating someone differently because they have different values or a different culture.
How do you have a country without sharing the same values/culture? A nation will not function if immigrants don’t assimilate. The only thing that identifies a group of people living within a set of borders is their culture.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Ye, he's just a troll I guess, I thought he was being serious.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:Ye, he's just a troll I guess, I thought he was being serious.
Yeyeye I got up just to troll
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
Musketeer

[Armag] diarouga wrote:
JaguarProwlerKnoob wrote::devil: Assimilate or go home!
That's caricatural but that's the idea ye. You're given a chance by joining a developped country (getting free education, social welfare), all you need to do is respect the culture. How is that hard to understand ?
You want to come to a new country, act against the local culture as if you were home and expect the country to welcome you ?
Yeah I’m pretty sure we mostly (if not totally) agree on this.
United States of America 007Salt
Dragoon

Post by 007Salt »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:Ye, he's just a troll I guess, I thought he was being serious.
I'm not trolling... I'm just telling you common sense stuff
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

It's cuz I understand your arguments perfectly. People of a different culture have a right to express themselves as long as they don't commit crimes or intrude on your life.
Where did I say they didn't the right to express themselves ? They do, they're simply asked to respect the local culture. If they don't treat the locals with respect, then they shouldn't expect people to treat them with respect.
I don't want to be treated differently when I go on work trips to Mexico and Panama. When I went to those places I was treated with respect by the locals cuz you treat people how you wish to be treated.
Well, first this is a totally different situation. You're going on trips to Mexico or Panama, you're not trying to become Mexican and get social welfares. Tourists don't have to assimilate, citizens do, and not treating tourists with respect would be a dumb thing xD.

Furthermore, you don't seem to make the different between culture and origin. You can be from Mexico and Panama and respect the US culture and assimilate, just like you can be from the US and respect the Mexican and Panamian cultures and assimilate.
Musketeer

[Armag] diarouga wrote:
It's cuz I understand your arguments perfectly. People of a different culture have a right to express themselves as long as they don't commit crimes or intrude on your life.
Where did I say they didn't the right to express themselves ? They do, they're simply asked to respect the local culture. If they don't treat the locals with respect, then they shouldn't expect people to treat them with respect.
I don't want to be treated differently when I go on work trips to Mexico and Panama. When I went to those places I was treated with respect by the locals cuz you treat people how you wish to be treated.
Well, first this is a totally different situation. You're going on trips to Mexico or Panama, you're not trying to become Mexican and get social welfares. Tourists don't have to assimilate, citizens do, and not treating tourists with respect would be a dumb thing xD.

Furthermore, you don't seem to make the different between culture and origin. You can be from Mexico and Panama and respect the US culture and assimilate, just like you can be from the US and respect the Mexican and Panamian cultures and assimilate.
Also, those places and people are trying to get money from tourists so, how everyone likely would be if they’re trying to get someone to give you/pay you money, they will of course be nice and respectful.
Dragoon

Post by 007Salt »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:

If they disrespect your culture to the point of wanting to harm you or your community then ofc that's a problem. If someone lives near you that doesn't like wine and cheese is that an issue or whatever the hell French people are into.
Musketeer

He said nothing about harming people that don’t assimilate.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

007Salt wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:

If they disrespect your culture to the point of wanting to harm you or your community then ofc that's a problem. If someone lives near you that doesn't like wine and cheese is that an issue or whatever the hell French people are into.
Culture is more than just liking the local food lol. People have the right to dislike the food, and noone is criticizing this.
However, it shouldn't be okay for immigrants who live in France to say stuffs like "I'm Algerian fuck France", or "The Coran is more important than the French law" (27% of the muslim people in France, and 41% of the muslims who live in France and don't have the French nationality). That's what I mean by not being assimilated.
I'm not saying that you can't be muslim and assimilate to the French culture, I just think that the people who think sharia is superior than the French law should fuck off and go back to their country.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

[Armag] diarouga wrote: Culture is more than just liking the local food lol. People have the right to dislike the food, and noone is criticizing this.
I'm criticizing this. I don't think you have that right without being racist
Dragoon

Post by 007Salt »

@Diarouga I understand when people have those opinions like "fk france" that it's annoying as hell but they're allowed to have those opinions as long as they don't cause problems. Some people are just bitter but if they take their beliefs and harm people then ya they get locked the hell up.

I'm not a big fan of the United States myself but I live here.

You give people opportunity in France when they're angry at the country and their opinions could turn around.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Well its fine for people to not like or complain about the country they're in, the line is that they have to follow the laws of the country they're in. If they cant do that fuck them.
Dragoon

Post by 007Salt »

gibson wrote:Well its fine for people to not like or complain about the country they're in, the line is that they have to follow the laws of the country they're in. If they cant do that fuck them.
This sums it up well.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

@Diarouga I understand when people have those opinions like "fk france" that it's annoying as hell but they're allowed to have those opinions as long as they don't cause problems. Some people are just bitter but if they take their beliefs and harm people then ya they get locked the hell up.
They're allowed legally yes. They won't get a fine for saying that, and that's normal.
However, assimilationists like me would say that it's not fine, and that these people are not well assimilated, and shouldn't have been allowed to come to France. Multiculturals however, would say that it's totally fine if they don't like France.

These kind of behaviours are not a big deal individually, but when you add up all these "incivilities" and see that they're becoming more and more common, then there's an issue.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Reason: on request (off-topic bulk delete)
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Garja wrote:
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Musketeer

Please, enlighten us as to why we should accept sharia law into western culture @iNcog ? :love:
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

JaguarProwlerKnoob wrote:Please, enlighten us as to why we should accept sharia law into western culture @iNcog ? :love:
It's good
United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

Post by Papist »

JaguarProwlerKnoob wrote:Please, enlighten us as to why we should accept sharia law into western culture @iNcog ? :love:
Why are you conflating allowing non-Christians into a country with establishing a theocracy?
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor
ESO: dansil92

Post by dansil92 »

Papist wrote:
Why are you conflating allowing non-Christians into a country with establishing a theocracy?
A fun little guide to litterally 100% of arguments I've seen from noob^

Slippery slope, oversimplification, red herrings and hasty generalizations.
As above, all non-white hate france, they are only here to estabish sharia law and look, if even one person in a country believes in that, obviously the whole society will crumble
Attachments
30HPR9p.jpg
Denmark voigt1240
Lancer
ESO: voigt

Post by voigt1240 »

Well muslim politicans here are already adcovating for sharia law in europe. Swedens muslim population will make up to 20% of the entire population 30 years from now if they continue the same immigration policies for example. it is probably just a matter of time.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

voigt1240 wrote:Well muslim politicans here are already adcovating for sharia law in europe. Swedens muslim population will make up to 20% of the entire population 30 years from now if they continue the same immigration policies for example. it is probably just a matter of time.
You should be excited for that. Shakira law is good
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Garja wrote:
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

iNcog wrote:
fightinfrenchman wrote:
voigt1240 wrote:Well muslim politicans here are already adcovating for sharia law in europe. Swedens muslim population will make up to 20% of the entire population 30 years from now if they continue the same immigration policies for example. it is probably just a matter of time.
You should be excited for that. Shakira law is good
lol no it isnt
What's bad about it?