On the subject of race

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
European Union aaryngend
Howdah
Clan: N3O

Re: ESOC and Racism

Post by aaryngend »

Really comradecomissar? Posting private convos is the new weapon to use now?
Netherlands don_artie
Dragoon
ESO: don artie

Post by don_artie »

comradecomissar wrote:
'I guess you finally got the attention you've been trying to get in that thread and by PM'ing me. Cute.
I stand by everything I said. And I refuse to try to explain it further. If someone wants context, they can actually go read the thread that this guy quoted from without any context.'

just to clarify, i pm'd him this:
my reason for this being that I thought it would make more sense to handle things through pm rather than through official posts. he didn't reply to my message written in that topic and I was interested in his reply, I thought it would be civil to ask for it through a pm. I never made things about me and nothing of what I have done suggests that i'm looking for attention, I just couldn't stand watching it unfold without giving my opnion, which is the reason that I did. Anyway I'm not surprised this is the response you chose

edit: apparantly he already deleted (or a mod deleted) the message I just quoted.
Pakistan comradecommissar
Dragoon
ESO: ComradeCommissar

Post by comradecommissar »

I didn't actually post a private convo. And I deleted my post because it is exhausting to keep engaging here. You guys have fun.
Netherlands don_artie
Dragoon

Post by don_artie »

comradecommissar wrote:I didn't actually post a private convo. And I deleted my post because it is exhausting to keep engaging here. You guys have fun.
thank you
European Union aaryngend
Howdah

Post by aaryngend »

comradecommissar wrote:I didn't actually post a private convo. And I deleted my post because it is exhausting to keep engaging here. You guys have fun.
Yes you did, I saw it with my own eyes. Something about Umeu. Why was the language of the phone dutch? Aren't you pakistani?
Dragoon

aaryngend wrote:
Yes you did, I saw it with my own eyes. Something about Umeu. Why was the language of the phone dutch? Aren't you pakistani?
Oh that. I was replying to Diarouga with a screenshot that was posted on this forum previously by someone else. It wasn't my private conversation. I copied it from another ESOC thread. It was Diarouga addressing Umeu with the n word.
European Union aaryngend
Howdah

Post by aaryngend »

comradecommissar wrote:
aaryngend wrote:
Oh that. I was replying to Diarouga with a screenshot that was posted on this forum previously by someone else. It wasn't my private conversation. I copied it from another ESOC thread. It was Diarouga addressing Umeu with the n word.
Okay but.. how did you find that? Did you search for it? :huh:
Dragoon

aaryngend wrote:
comradecommissar wrote:
Show hidden quotes
No. People have been linking Diarouga's racist past in the thread where all of this happened and in the thread calling for Ear to be modded. I don't have that much time free time on my hand.
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Post by Riotcoke »

People just need to take less offense to shit, if someone calls you a cuck call them a cunt. It works for @Sargsyan

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

comradecommissar wrote:
aaryngend wrote:
Show hidden quotes
No. People have been linking Diarouga's racist past in the thread where all of this happened and in the thread calling for Ear to be modded. I don't have that much time free time on my hand.
1. It's diarouga with a small d, not Diarouga. You don't know how it feels to be called "Diarouga" with a big D. I've been telling people that I find it offensive for months, but they keep doing it. As a Pakistani dude with no experience of people misspelling your nickname, and the horrific consequences it has had over centuaries, sit the fuck down.
2. Why are you even linking threads out of their context ?
3. I'm going to be honest with you, over 50% of your posts on ESOC are you accusing people of being racist and only caring about "their precious little game with 2000 players". If you don't want to take part in the discussions about strategy and the future of aoe3, just leave the forum honestly. Stop acting like a victim, you're brigging out the worst of people with your toxicity.
Netherlands don_artie
Dragoon

Post by don_artie »

Riotcoke wrote:People just need to take less offense to shit, if someone calls you a cuck call them a cunt. It works for @Sargsyan
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Reason: on request (off-topic bulk delete)
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
India pasha
Crossbow

Post by pasha »

I have read diarouga's replies in this thread and they are not racist.

Don artie tried to educate you Paki but I guess you dont deserve that education.

And you keep saying dont have time and keep posting here ......what a hypocrite.

User received a time-out for this post.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

iNcog wrote:
fightinfrenchman wrote:Yeah whenever someone has racial slurs thrown at them, I tend to get pissed at them for being a victim of racism. It's good and normal to do that. Glad we all agree
yep

casual racism not only lives on, but is condoned here on ESOC. great job mods
Read the Dutchie's post again. He explains well that comrade was very provocative and offensive toward some people in his posts, even before people answered with some arguably not racist comments.
This a common issue nowadays, when people are offensive toward a non white person who behaved poorly, they're racist.

When I got banned from ESOC and claimed I was a victim (let's not discuss whether it was true or not please, that's not the topic), people flamed me for "acting like a victim after being a dick". Did you see anyone ask the mods to delete the offensive comments ? Nope, because it was obvious that people flamed me for my behaviour and previous offensive posts. So why should we have double standard and not have the right to say that we answered to comrade's offensive posts, and not to his skin colour ?
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Garja wrote:
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Denmark voigt1240
Lancer
ESO: voigt

Post by voigt1240 »

Neither persons behavior was approriate.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

iNcog wrote:lol of course the Indian user is not happy with someone from Pakistan. :/
This is more "racist" than any of my post in the DE threads. You're judging someone because of his origin, not because of his opinion.

Still I think it's an acceptable comment although I disagree with it. People have the right to disagree with me.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Garja wrote:
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Garja wrote:
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Garja wrote:
Denmark voigt1240
Lancer
ESO: voigt

Post by voigt1240 »

iNcog wrote:
voigt1240 wrote:Neither persons behavior was approriate.
Hey man, I'll bite. Please explain to me quite clearly in what way Comrad was not appropriate. Because don artie's post is a dribble of shit.
Well for one puts all white people under the same umbrella.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

iNcog wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:
Show hidden quotes
Read the Dutchie's post again. He explains well that comrade was very provocative and offensive toward some people in his posts, even before people answered with some arguably not racist comments.
This a common issue nowadays, when people are offensive toward a non white person who behaved poorly, they're racist.

When I got banned from ESOC and claimed I was a victim (let's not discuss whether it was true or not please, that's not the topic), people flamed me for "acting like a victim after being a dick". Did you see anyone ask the mods to delete the offensive comments ? Nope, because it was obvious that people flamed me for my behaviour and previous offensive posts. So why should we have double standard and not have the right to say that we answered to comrade's offensive posts, and not to his skin colour ?
In what way was anything Comrad posted offensive to anyone? That's ridiculous. If you take offense to what Comrad posted then get off the internet because you're way too sensitive.
I think diarouga is just surprised that people can care more about correcting the misrepresentation of historically marginalised groups than they do about his precious little game played by 2000 players. But I think you missed my point about not being in the kind of place to question this. Let me put it differently. As a white dude with no experience of historical and present day misrepresentation, and the horrific consequences it has had over centuries, sit the fuck down.
There are plenty of similar comments. Getting called a racist, or someone who has no clue about life, just because I'm white is offensive. I'm not sensitive, so I'm fine with that. I have the right to defend myself against these accusations though.
get off the internet because you're way too sensitive
Another double standard. When people tell comrade he's too sensitive, they're mean because they don't know how it feels to be victim of racism etc, but when we (because it's not just me), feel offended (or annoyed) by comrade's comment, we only have the right to shut up ?
You either have to care about everybody's feelings and condemn all the posts which can be interpreted in an offensive way, or tell everybody "it's the internet, fuck off if you're too sensitive".
Can't say "fuck off" to white people and empathise with non Western people.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Garja wrote:
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

iNcog wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:
iNcog wrote:lol of course the Indian user is not happy with someone from Pakistan. :/
This is more "racist" than any of my post in the DE threads. You're judging someone because of his origin, not because of his opinion.

Still I think it's an acceptable comment although I disagree with it. People have the right to disagree with me.
Not really, I'm just referencing the ongoing geopolitical struggle between the two nations. Your straw man has failed, try again.
So what ? Because someone is Indian and there is a geopolitical struggle between the two nations, his opinon doesn't matter ? Because all the Indian people hate the Pakistani people ?

I'm sure you can see the issue. You don't know the guy, so you can't say that his opinion is irrelevant because he's Indian. I'm not writing "you're a SJW so you're a troll", instead I'm trying to argue that you have double standard, and ignore the feelings of the people who don't claim that they're victim of racism.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Garja wrote: