The Sex Industry

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Re: The Sex Industry

Post by Dolan »

The West needs a Mongol invasion.
Great Britain chris1089
Retired Contributor
ESO: chris1089

Post by chris1089 »

Dolan wrote:The West needs a Mongol invasion.
Guess we will all be involuntarily part of the sex industry in that scenario.
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Post by princeofcarthage »

Surprisingly the local subcontinent cultures rarely has any record of rapes. I don't mean it never happened but foreign invaders were mostly responsible like central Asian tribes during medieval ages or the mughals. British. You don't hear Marathas or Rajputs winning a war and then raping people. As far as I am aware the local cultures in China, Korea, Japan also never engaged in such incidents. Of course there were few incidents but not en masse as the European ones and were far off.
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

I foresee great and terrible things in this thread's future
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

princeofcarthage wrote:Surprisingly the local subcontinent cultures rarely has any record of rapes. I don't mean it never happened but foreign invaders were mostly responsible like central Asian tribes during medieval ages or the mughals. British. You don't hear Marathas or Rajputs winning a war and then raping people. As far as I am aware the local cultures in China, Korea, Japan also never engaged in such incidents. Of course there were few incidents but not en masse as the European ones and were far off.
Didn't the Japanese do horrific things to the Chinese population during occupation?
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote: ↑
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

iNcog wrote:
princeofcarthage wrote:Surprisingly the local subcontinent cultures rarely has any record of rapes. I don't mean it never happened but foreign invaders were mostly responsible like central Asian tribes during medieval ages or the mughals. British. You don't hear Marathas or Rajputs winning a war and then raping people. As far as I am aware the local cultures in China, Korea, Japan also never engaged in such incidents. Of course there were few incidents but not en masse as the European ones and were far off.
Didn't the Japanese do horrific things to the Chinese population during occupation?
yes, my great grandfather married a Chinese woman in China, was in an internment camp in during ww2. He almost died on multiple occasions from the terrible treatment and he was better off than the Chinese.
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

prince didn't actually mean what he said, he meant what he meant
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
Retired Contributor

iNcog wrote:
Yes, I said there are exceptions. But these are extremely rare, almost one off events as compared to Europe.
Latvia harcha
Gendarme

Post by harcha »

what's your point
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
Retired Contributor

Just an observation
United States of America XeeleeFlower
Retired Contributor
Xeelee Patron

Post by XeeleeFlower »

iNcog wrote:
fightinfrenchman wrote:
chris1089 wrote:As though the comment Jerom makes has got anything to do with his skin colour or gender. In fact as though any argument has anything to do with the skin colour of the person making it. You may not realise it, but reading that into it reveals a heavy influence of critical theory in your thinking.
There are only two groups of people who have any idea what you're talking about, left-wing academics and lunatics who keep their brains drenched in right-wing media 24/7. You don't want to be either of those people
Frankly I don't pretend to know anything of what I'm talking about, almost ever. I have like 2 or 3 fields where I would consider myself knowledgeable and I know that my knowledge in even THOSE areas is hardly as deep as it could be.
I get your point and I shouldn't have used the whole "argument of authority" thing. I've just been so frustrated with seeing this OF shit literally all over reddit, twitter, other forums, and now here. People are losing their source of income, people are getting preyed upon by new companies randomly popping up, newbie sex workers are freaking the fuck out. I care about these people so it's been pretty stressful for me to deal with all this even though I am not directly impacted at all. People who have zero clue about the situation throw out their very uninformed 2 cents and it has been really irritating. Regardless, I should've been more respectful in my posts here, used better language, and didn't bring over my irritation that I've had with others to here. You all aren't those dumbfucks and it was disrespectful of me to treat you in that way. I am sorry.
Time is wise and our wounds seem to heal to the rhythm of aging,
But our past is a ghost fading out that at night it’s still haunting.

http://www.galactanet.com/oneoff/theegg_mod.html
No Flag RefluxSemantic
Gendarme

Post by RefluxSemantic »

Kinda wondering if moderators will deal with some blatant racism displayed in this thread.
Latvia harcha
Gendarme

Post by harcha »

RefluxSemantic wrote:Kinda wondering if moderators will deal with some blatant racism displayed in this thread.
if you want anything in particular to be dealt with, you have to use the report function and wait a couple of weeks.
Australia wardyb1
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: wardyb1

Post by wardyb1 »

harcha wrote:
RefluxSemantic wrote:Kinda wondering if moderators will deal with some blatant racism displayed in this thread.
if you want anything in particular to be dealt with, you have to use the report function and wait a couple of weeks.
I'll start the 14 day timer now.
“To love the journey is to accept no such end. I have found, through painful experience, that the most important step a person can take is always the next one.”
Australia wardyb1
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: wardyb1

Post by wardyb1 »

Can I please just remind everyone to stay on-topic and please keep it respectful in here.
Most of the thread has had some decent commentary but it needs to stay that way and not be derailed.
Thanks
“To love the journey is to accept no such end. I have found, through painful experience, that the most important step a person can take is always the next one.”
No Flag RefluxSemantic
Gendarme

Post by RefluxSemantic »

Getting away with a mere warning for racism and sexism. Thats a dangerous precedent.
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

Goodspeed wrote:Paying for content on OF then asking for your money back because you didn't like it is like renting a movie from the video store, watching it, returning it then asking for money back because you didn't like it. Yes you need consumer protection like in any other industry but here I think the focus should be on preventing false advertising. Chargeback guarantees make no sense
Funnily enough this does make sense in our Germanic legal environment! For example, you are entitled to receive your money back if you did not enjoy your meal, even after you ate parts of it. When this happens too often, it becomes a misdemeanor punishable by law. We call this “flessentrekkerij” in NL, which is a real word you can add to your legal vocabulary. There is a lot of interesting case law that is totally a waste of our tax money that you can find online. I can’t say for certain whether or not this principle applies to online products as well, but I suspect that it does.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

I'm sure it makes sense legally, just not intuitively. You shouldn't be entitled to a refund on a product after using it up to the point where it has lost all or most of its value. Common sense. And yeah, it's hard to think of solutions here, but if we ever want to bring law into the 21st century we're going to have to rethink some shit.
United States of America Cometk
Retired Contributor

Post by Cometk »

Cometk wrote:some white folx really just dont know when to shut the fuck up

User was warned for this post.
RefluxSemantic wrote:Getting away with a mere warning for racism and sexism. Thats a dangerous precedent.
ah yes, the most oppressed group of all, cis white men.
User was timed out for this post.
Great Britain chris1089
Retired Contributor

Post by chris1089 »

Seeing as Comet doubled down and ignored the warning, he's taking some time out.
Retired Contributor

I dont get why cometk post was racist tho
Great Britain chris1089
Retired Contributor

Post by chris1089 »

princeofcarthage wrote:I dont get why cometk post was racist tho
A significant factor, if not the main one, was the toxicity and implications. I don't want to derail the thread, so I'd you'd like to discuss it further please go elsewhere/ start a new thread. Pretty sure there are plenty of threads to choose from.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

chris1089 wrote:Seeing as Comet doubled down and ignored the warning, he's taking some time out.
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

No racism in here tbh.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Actually it’s hilarious how someone gets banned for racism for simply referring to “white people” based on some of the other stuff that’s gone on on this forum. What happens when you make clueless people mods.