Naming your child the same name as yourself so that you get a SR at the end of your name

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Naming your child the same name as yourself so that you get a SR at the end of your name

Post by gibson »

thoughtsh?
Sweden Hawk_Girl
Dragoon
Donator 01

Re: Naming your child the same name as yourself so that you get a SR at the end of your name

Post by Hawk_Girl »

idk hawk_girl sr doesn't really have a ring to it
United States of America theonlybaus
Advanced Player
ESO: theonlybaus

Re: Naming your child the same name as yourself so that you get a SR at the end of your name

Post by theonlybaus »

Hawk_Girl wrote:idk hawk_girl sr doesn't really have a ring to it
That was a low PR joke.
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor
ESO: dansil92

Post by dansil92 »

As a parent: you do not want to have to give a child with your own name heck for doing things you do because it just accentuates how much of a filthy hipocrite you are. Feels better when its not your own name
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

the way I see it, it's a loophole to add DLC to your name that's otherwise locked behind a paywall
Canada Cocaine
Lancer
ESO: Cow God

Post by Cocaine »

deleted_user wrote:the way I see it, it's a loophole to add DLC to your name that's otherwise locked behind a paywall
Ima name my child cocaine.
A little Cocaine never hurt nobody!

China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Post by fei123456 »

gibson pro, gibson max, gibson ultra?
France Le Hussard sur le toit
Howdah
ESO: LeHussardsurletoit

Post by Le Hussard sur le toit »

I can't because I'll name him Cauchy-Schwarz, Navier-Stokes, or maybe Sobolev-space.
ESOC : came for the game, stayed for the drama.
Denmark voigt1240
Lancer
ESO: voigt

Post by voigt1240 »

I never understood why female juniors aren't a thing or at least extremely rare.
Sweden Victor_swe
Lancer
Donator 01

Post by Victor_swe »

Have to save some DE names for my kids before theyre all taken.
Dead hunts cant walk....

BrookG - "There is a G in everyone"
United States of America evilcheadar
Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

Cheadar Sr ngl
A post not made is a post given away

A slushie a day keeps the refill thread at bay

Jackson Pollock was the best poster to ever to post on these forums
Great Britain chris1089
Retired Contributor
ESO: chris1089

Post by chris1089 »

Le Hussard sur le toit wrote:I can't because I'll name him Cauchy-Schwarz, Navier-Stokes, or maybe Sobolev-space.
Can I derail this thread into talking about how I first learnt about the Cauchy-Schwarz identity and asking what the other references are to?
France Le Hussard sur le toit
Howdah
ESO: LeHussardsurletoit

Post by Le Hussard sur le toit »

Navier-Stokes equations are complicated partial differential equations that describe viscous fluids. Sobolev spaces are the standard functional spaces used in analysis and particularly in partial differential equations.
ESOC : came for the game, stayed for the drama.
Vietnam duckzilla
Jaeger

Post by duckzilla »

Why wasting the opportunity to give your child a humble name like Caesar-Augustus Maximus Dux Invictus, Charlemagne Amenhotep or Hypatia Eurydike Cassiopeia?
Whatever is written above: this is no financial advice.

Beati pauperes spiritu.
European Union aaryngend
Howdah
Clan: N3O

Post by aaryngend »

In some cultures, you don't give your child the same first name as you, instead the father takes the grandfather's first name and names his child after him.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

>wanting to have a boomer name

Might as well buy a Cadillac and retire in Florida too.
Sweden Victor_swe
Lancer
Donator 01

Post by Victor_swe »

I just recently signed The pappers for my sons name. And now im realizing i shud have asked this community for tips first.
Dead hunts cant walk....

BrookG - "There is a G in everyone"
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

They would have probably suggested Adolf.
Denmark voigt1240
Lancer
ESO: voigt

Post by voigt1240 »

A strong masculine name. I like it.
Vietnam duckzilla
Jaeger

Post by duckzilla »

Having the same root as Æthelwulf the name means "noble wolf"
Whatever is written above: this is no financial advice.

Beati pauperes spiritu.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Just name it Beowulf, I've recently realized I automatically think old things= good so Beowulf would be a great name.
Great Britain Horsemen
Jaeger

Post by Horsemen »

marry a woman with a double-barelled surname and give your child a triple-barelled surname
No Flag lejend
Jaeger

Post by lejend »

Why saddle your child with a cringe name like Beowulf when you can give him a chad Puritan name like 'Praise-God', 'Fear-God', or the ever-popular 'Unless-Jesus-Christ-Had-Died-For-Thee-Thou-Hadst-Been-Damned'
Great Britain chris1089
Retired Contributor
ESO: chris1089

Post by chris1089 »

lejend wrote:Why saddle your child with a cringe name like Beowulf when you can give him a chad Puritan name like 'Praise-God', 'Fear-God', or the ever-popular 'Unless-Jesus-Christ-Had-Died-For-Thee-Thou-Hadst-Been-Damned'
Lol