An iPhone makes you 76% more attractive on dating apps

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Re: An iPhone makes you 76% more attractive on dating apps

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

Women like money. As do men. The iPhone is a status symbol while I can't even name the latest Samsung phone. Not a surprising study.
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

Disclaimer I own an iPhone.
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: ķŒ€ ķ•˜ģš°ģŠ¤

Post by n0el »

green text on an iphone is ugly, no one with any class wants to text with someone and have green text
mad cuz bad
Sweden Victor_swe
Lancer
Donator 01

Post by Victor_swe »

Why is iPhone xs so large when its called xs. I dont get The naming...
Dead hunts cant walk....

BrookG - "There is a G in everyone"
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Victor_swe wrote:
gibson wrote:
Amsel_ wrote:Apple products are overpriced garbage tbh.
Thats why theyre the most valuable company ever to exist, because they manufacture garbage. Boomer take. Go read the wallstreet journal.
it could still be The case they are shit. Maybe the product is overprized garbage but The company is amazing at tricking people in to buying their shit.
apple good android bad apple good android bad apple good android bad
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Victor_swe wrote:Why is iPhone xs so large when its called xs. I dont get The naming...
The xs was the smaller phone in that generation.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

n0el wrote:green text on an iphone is ugly, no one with any class wants to text with someone and have green text
This is unironically true for many younger people in the US
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

Mr_Bramboy wrote:Women like money. As do men. The iPhone is a status symbol while I can't even name the latest Samsung phone. Not a surprising study.
you count up the cameras on it and that's the model (same as iphone really)
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Good ole conspicuous consumption effect.
The poor spend all their money on the latest devices to signal high status, when that's all they actually have: devices on which they spend their last penny.

Latvia harcha
Gendarme

Post by harcha »

i mean it's a known sight in eastern europe, that the flashiest newest BMWs and Mercedes are parked next to soviet apartment buildings. but then again i don't think there is any need to explain this effect more elaborately than calling it stupidity.

it's also hard to imagine someone successful judging others by which brand of electronics they prefer when they all (electronics brands) fill the same exact role
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Post by Riotcoke »

People who have 'old money' basically never spend large amounts of products that look flashy hence why buying a flashy iphone is bad.

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

@harcha It's the same in Western Europe. Arabs from the first or second generation who migrated there make huge efforts to save some money and get a used Merc or BMW so they can show off to other Arab families to prove that they "made it", they reached a high social status. But they actually work menial, low-paid jobs like taxi driver or shelf filler.
Here in Eastern Europe, it's mostly gypsies who buy Mercs and BMWs or people who used to be very poor.

Some friend from Belgium I used to play AOE3 team games with told me that if you want to guess who is a farmer or peasant who wants to look successful, just look at who owns a Mercedes or, for women, who owns furs. Everyone from the middle class avoids these brands and at most they might get an Audi, but they'd never get cars that scream "look at me, I ran into money".
Latvia harcha
Gendarme

Post by harcha »

from my experience it's people who have shit priorities

aand they're also dumb because maintenance on that new car is gonna drag them down for the rest of their lives
Denmark voigt1240
Lancer
ESO: voigt

Post by voigt1240 »

My petpeeve is that they always blast loud music with the windows down.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

gibson wrote:In fact the most expensive high end samsung phone is like 600 dollars more than the most expensive iphone. People act like apple stuff is super expensive just because they dont make dirt cheap stuff, when in fact if you compare equivalent devices they aren't really more expensive.
I think it's because for a long time, iphones used to be by far the most expensive phones, or at least that's how I remember it. They aren't anymore
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Post by princeofcarthage »

gibson wrote:In fact the most expensive high end samsung phone is like 600 dollars more than the most expensive iphone. People act like apple stuff is super expensive just because they dont make dirt cheap stuff, when in fact if you compare equivalent devices they aren't really more expensive.
iPhone 11 pro max is still more expensive than S20+ ultra 5g. You can get more or less the same samsung phone for 50% of the cost. Most of the time you can get huge discounts, cashback etc on samsung phone. For ex. Since day 1 we had exchange offers and buyback upto 40% + a case worth 100$ free on purchase. This isn't true in case of iphone for most of the time, and when it is it is not to same extent of Samsung. Samsung for roughly same or lesser price has arguably lot more features, gimmicks packed with the phone. Samsung phones are also in general more durable than iphone.
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
Latvia harcha
Gendarme

Post by harcha »

Kaiserklein wrote:
I think it's because for a long time, iphones used to be by far the most expensive phones, or at least that's how I remember it. They aren't anymore
nah they weren't most expensive by far, they used to keep a small margin above flagship androids. but big android companies also release niche products that were in a price category of their own
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

iPhones are the biggest ripoff. The components for a unit cost 370 bucks, but the final price is like 1000.
iphone bill of components
The markup is probably more than 30% that goes directly to investors' dividends. So if you buy an iPhone, you're contributing to the yearly dividends rich people in the USA get. You know, those guys you hate and want to be taxed more. But you don't want to change your products to make sure they get less of your dollars, haha. So, you know, keep contributing to their wealth. :biggrin:
Great Britain Horsemen
Jaeger

Post by Horsemen »

The holy trifecta - Apple, Tesla, Peloton

Each one you own boosts your attractiveness by up to 200%
Great Britain Horsemen
Jaeger

Post by Horsemen »

Dolan wrote:iPhones are the biggest ripoff. The components for a unit cost 370 bucks, but the final price is like 1000.
The markup is probably more than 30% that goes directly to investors' dividends. So if you buy an iPhone, you're contributing to the yearly dividends rich people in the USA get. You know, those guys you hate and want to be taxed more. But you don't want to change your products to make sure they get less of your dollars, haha. So, you know, keep contributing to their wealth. :biggrin:
I bet you own a Huawei because it's 'good value'.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Dolan wrote:iPhones are the biggest ripoff. The components for a unit cost 370 bucks, but the final price is like 1000.
You know thats the same for all high end phone brands right?
Great Britain chris1089
Retired Contributor
ESO: chris1089

Post by chris1089 »

I own a Motorola because it's good value for money.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Horsemen wrote:
I bet you own a Huawei because it's 'good value'.
No, I still have an HTC from 2015 and I see no reason to change it, as long as it still works. I'd be the biggest consoomer tool if I just bought a new phone just to impress.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

gibson wrote:
You know thats the same for all high end phone brands right?
Yeah, I guess you have a choice between increasing the wealth of rich American boomers who own Apple stock or rich South Korean boomers who own Samsung stock.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

All I said in this thread is a bunch of android shitters crying because they have inferior phones