European politics

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Re: European politics

Post by princeofcarthage »

Dolan wrote:
02 Mar 2022, 23:28
princeofcarthage wrote:
02 Mar 2022, 23:19
Show hidden quotes
No. However, spoken contract is legal according to US constitution. If previous administrations made the promise (which I guess is open to debate) (which many people from the said administration say was done) (and which Russia and majority of historians believe so was made) then following administration have responsibility to follow through it.
Then this can't be used as a legal official argument, it's just a political argument. It's like political gossip: "you guys told us you'd never expand NATO, when we were drinking some beers at the hotel, you made that promise at the hotel's bar".
The reply could be: "we were just joking bro".
Except those weren't made when they were drinking beers at the hotel. They were made during official discussions regarding East Germany and stuff.
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

If nothing was signed, then nothing is legally binding. Again, it's like a casual remark made in a discussion. What if someone just lies about such a promise. That's why you need to sign papers.
Austria knusch
Pro Player
EWTDonator 01

Post by knusch »

princeofcarthage wrote:
02 Mar 2022, 23:31
Dolan wrote:
02 Mar 2022, 23:28
Show hidden quotes
Then this can't be used as a legal official argument, it's just a political argument. It's like political gossip: "you guys told us you'd never expand NATO, when we were drinking some beers at the hotel, you made that promise at the hotel's bar".
The reply could be: "we were just joking bro".
Except those weren't made when they were drinking beers at the hotel. They were made during official discussions regarding East Germany and stuff.
yeah and they agreed that no military instalations will be moved to east germany u dumbfuck....
there was no debate about NATO expanding east. east was the warshaw pact + soviet union holy fukn shit
Retired Contributor

Satellite view of the destruction of the antonov plane
Attachments
afg.JPG
Retired Contributor

Dolan wrote:
02 Mar 2022, 23:38
If nothing was signed, then nothing is legally binding. Again, it's like a casual remark made in a discussion. What if someone just lies about such a promise. That's why you need to sign papers.
I do agree with you. But this has been a issue for years. Should have been resolved through some legally binding agreement with Russia. It is not as if Putin just brought this up 2-3 months ago. It has been used more or less for past 20 years.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Abandoned Russian tank that got stuck in the mud while trying to free other Russian tank that got stuck in the mud

No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

I would definitely desert if I were a Russian soldier in that situation. I'd probably abandon my own car if it got stuck in mud tbh
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
No Flag RefluxSemantic
Gendarme

Post by RefluxSemantic »

Agreement or not, its good that the Baltic states joined NATO. Look at Russia's other neighbours and the shit Russia has given them in the past decades. The entire 'NATO borders' spiel doesnt even apply to most of their belligerent moves, so you have to be really dumb to buy into this half baked justification for the invasion of Ukraine.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Volnovakha (presumably), 02/03/22, Russian troops in the city
Image Image
Image Image
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Pretty incredible how POC always manages to have the very worst takes possible. I dont think most people could have takes that bad if they tried.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Buchansky district, Kiev region: Russian Ka-52

ImageImage
Retired Contributor

And yet I have been proven right on every accord gibby
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Ukrainian got hold of a Russian missile

Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Some Russian soldiers that surrendered

Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Irpin, a satellite city on the western outskirts of Kiev, has suffered multiple Russian attacks since the beginning of the full-scale offensive.
A bridge that connects the city to Kiev was blown up by the Ukrainian forces to block Russian troops.

Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

I think what's happening here is that some Ukrainian forces install their base next to a civilian building
and Russian army has no issue striking it with a missile
unless the missile hit the wrong target

United States of America Cometk
Retired Contributor

Post by Cometk »

Dolan wrote:
02 Mar 2022, 21:44

we should do this more often, and that we don’t begs a question
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Train with fuel coming from Belarus hit with Bayraktar drones

Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Sealed subway station in Kiev. The Soviets designed them as potential nuclear war shelters

No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

Forward thinking
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

princeofcarthage wrote:
02 Mar 2022, 23:24
harcha wrote:
02 Mar 2022, 23:23
Show hidden quotes
Keep barking and believing conspiracies, I don't care.
You don't have any evidence? Thought so

" The Special Counsel's report, made public in April 2019, examined numerous contacts between the Trump campaign and Russian officials but concluded that there was insufficient evidence to bring any conspiracy or coordination charges against Trump or his associates."

Even those reports failed to provide any significant evidence of interference.
That only speaks to "conspiracy or coordination charges against Trump or his associates", while the fact is Russians used troll farms and fake accounts to support Trump. It's not even a discussion.

Meanwhile you keep moving away from your own unsubstantiated conspiracy claims which amount to nothing more than conjecture.
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
Korea South Vinyanyérë
Retired Contributor
Donator 06
ESO: duolckrad, Kuvira
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by Vinyanyérë »

princeofcarthage wrote:
02 Mar 2022, 21:53
It's heartbreaking that Ukrainians are suffering because Biden has done everything he possibly could have to start this war.
"We promise that NATO will not expand one inch to the east if you give us Eastern Germany" - Ronald Regan
1999 Bill Clinton oversees admitting Czechia into NATO, putting $billions of missiles on Russia's border
2009 VP Biden oversees admitting Croatia into NATO, putting $billions of missiles on Russia's border
2014 VP Biden oversees the CIA coup of a democratically elected progressive leader and installs former comedian and Chevron puppet Zelenky in office.
2019 The CIA funnels $millions into the Ukraine elections ensuring Zelensky will win by a landslide.
2021 President Biden sends $billions in missiles to Ukraine on the Russian border.

A good post on youtube
This is not a good post

- Czechia and Croatia don't border Russia. They're not even particularly close to Russia. harcha already mentioned this but it's worth repeating.
- It's unclear what "$billions of missiles" is referring to. There's no U.S. military bases in either of those countries nor any nuclear weapons. Is there a source for any of this?
- It says that in 2014 the CIA does a coup and puts Zelenskyy into office. Or "Zelenky" I guess. But neither Zelenky nor Zelenskyy go into office? Poroshenko becomes the president? And then Poroshenko goes on to lose to Zelenskyy in the 2019 elections? Real 3d chess move by the CIA there installing one puppet and then deciding to give millions of dollars to install his opponent. Also why is "former comedian" a relevant piece of information here lol, is that supposed to be a bad thing?
- There's an extremely obvious Democrat vs. Republican agenda here. It presents Reagan (or "Regan") as saying that there won't be any eastward NATO expansion, then lists a bunch of Democrats doing stuff, then when a Republican is president suddenly the office loses all power and the CIA acts independently, but once a Democrat is back in office it's all about blaming them again. In 2014 Biden personally controls the CIA to stage a coup in Ukraine. In 2019 Trump is president, and we can't say anything bad about Republicans, so the CIA starts acting independently. I guess Republicans are incapable of actual governing?
- In 2004, Latvia, Lithuania, and Estonia joined NATO, countries which, unlike Czechia and Croatia, are literally on Russia's border. But Republican George Dubya is president at this time so I guess we can't mention that one lol
duck
:mds:
imo
Korea South Vinyanyérë
Retired Contributor
Donator 06
ESO: duolckrad, Kuvira
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by Vinyanyérë »

princeofcarthage wrote:
02 Mar 2022, 23:19
Dolan wrote:
02 Mar 2022, 23:10
princeofcarthage wrote:
02 Mar 2022, 23:04
Yes but it violated the promise US gave to not expand NATO further.
Can you post the legal document that says such a promise was agreed on and signed by both parties
No. However, spoken contract is legal according to US constitution. If previous administrations made the promise (which I guess is open to debate) (which many people from the said administration say was done) (and which Russia and majority of historians believe so was made) then following administration have responsibility to follow through it.
Can you point to the clause of the US constitution that says this
duck
:mds:
imo
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

POC really reposting anonymous disinfo like my grandma. Definition of a low quality poster.
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.