European politics

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
Vietnam duckzilla
Jaeger

Re: European politics

Post by duckzilla »

Yes, it's plausible. But even if that's the case, the question is which territories we are talking about. Crimea and the separatist territories of Donezk/Luhansk could be possible. I highly doubt that Ukraine would give up any "newly conquered" territory that was occupied only in the last 3 months.
Whatever is written above: this is no financial advice.

Beati pauperes spiritu.
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Post by fei123456 »

Dolan wrote:
15 May 2022, 11:03
fei123456 wrote:
15 May 2022, 10:34
Is it true that Macron persuades Zelensky to give up some territory for peace?
At least it "sounds" true, as France is the master of surrender. No other civ is as experienced as them.
Haven't heard that but it's plausible.
It might be that Macron and other leaders would like to reach an armistice like in Korea, for the sake of stopping the economic crises created by this war.
Prices for grains, edible oil, energy, basic food products, gasoline are going up in many parts of the world, which could make the whole world unstable. See the current crisis in Sri Lanka, that could spread to other places too.
I agree. But he can donate some French territory to Putin instead.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

fei123456 wrote:
15 May 2022, 18:12
Dolan wrote:
15 May 2022, 11:03
fei123456 wrote:
15 May 2022, 10:34
Is it true that Macron persuades Zelensky to give up some territory for peace?
At least it "sounds" true, as France is the master of surrender. No other civ is as experienced as them.
Haven't heard that but it's plausible.
It might be that Macron and other leaders would like to reach an armistice like in Korea, for the sake of stopping the economic crises created by this war.
Prices for grains, edible oil, energy, basic food products, gasoline are going up in many parts of the world, which could make the whole world unstable. See the current crisis in Sri Lanka, that could spread to other places too.
I agree. But he can donate some French territory to Putin instead.
There's no need to be so sarcastic. If Macron made such a suggestion, it wasn't because the French have a tendency to surrender, as internet Anglophone memes mockingly portray them.
There was probably an ulterior intention to get the conflict frozen for a while in order to buy more time for Europe to move away from Russian gas and oil so they can sanction Russia more effectively and tighten the screws around Moscow until Putin's regime would collapse and Ukraine would get its territory back. A temporary land concession could have worked here.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

only 849 rubles, about €12

Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

I would hate to be Putin rn. He probably has a terrible work life balance
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Post by princeofcarthage »

He is most likely suffering from blood cancer and probably on death bed.
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

princeofcarthage wrote:
17 May 2022, 13:47
He is most likely suffering from blood cancer and probably on death bed.
Is there real evidence of this? I did see that one video with him gripping the table and his foot moving weirdly so I would totally buy a Parkinsons diagnosis but the idea that he's actually imminently near death seems too good to be true imo
Retired Contributor

https://zeenews.india.com/world/vladimi ... 63961.html

Could be true, maybe not idk. Maybe I shouldn't have used most likely. But it is in no way good news.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

9-yr old boy recovered from under the rubble, after a Russian attack in Donetsk.
I can't tell what happened here, the footage is not clear, but it appears this kid lost a part of his face so he can't speak, he's using his hands to communicate with the rescuers.

Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Nazi plants

Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

This means we're important

No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Dolan wrote:
18 May 2022, 20:43

Is this why BC has been so slow recently
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

That is a possibility with some degree of probability
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Feels like propaganda tbh
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Could be. Tho this journo who broke the story used to write reports exposing NATO illegal arms sales, so maybe there is some truth to this information that some in Putin's circle are starting to fret
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

Dolan wrote:
19 May 2022, 15:54
Could be. Tho this journo who broke the story used to write reports exposing NATO illegal arms sales, so maybe there is some truth to this information that some in Putin's circle are starting to fret
Sure they are! The money Lebowsky, they are poring out of the pockets of his buddies. But, it seems like Putin is pretty isolated now? He only has his best pals to wisper sweet nothing in his ear. The hole thing is just crumbling, and Putin is maybe the last one to know with that kind of intel.
What is worrying me, is who will step in, if Putin has to "retire"?
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
Vietnam duckzilla
Jaeger

Post by duckzilla »

iwillspankyou wrote:
19 May 2022, 16:31
Who could it be?
Whatever is written above: this is no financial advice.

Beati pauperes spiritu.
Retired Contributor

iwillspankyou wrote:
Dolan wrote:
Sure they are! The money Lebowsky, they are poring out of the pockets of his buddies. But, it seems like Putin is pretty isolated now? He only has his best pals to wisper sweet nothing in his ear. The hole thing is just crumbling, and Putin is maybe the last one to know with that kind of intel.
Nikolai Patrushev
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

iwillspankyou wrote:
Dolan wrote:
It depends on how Putin's retirement happens.
If it happens in a disruptive way (coup, assasination, popular revolt), then this would create too much chaos to be able to spot a potential successor before this happens. Anyone who rides the seismic waves of systemic changes brought by such an event could get into power, if he has some compelling leadership qualities.
But if it's just the same political elite picking a successor then going through the usual electoral theater to get him legitimised, then this leader might be found among the current elite.
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

fightinfrenchman wrote:
19 May 2022, 01:08
Dolan wrote:
18 May 2022, 20:43

Is this why BC has been so slow recently
So far the attacks have targeted draugiem.lv which is our version of myspace. It hasn't been relevant in a decade... This post is meaningless, as various attacks on infrastructure and hacks of websites/banking/etcetera have been ongoing for nearly a decade at this point.
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Post by fei123456 »

I've seen so many bad news from our media recently. They said over 12,000 elite Ukraine troops were surrounded in Donbas and they're doomed. Zelensky is forced by the western to hold the line, and sending the veterans for suicide defense. The arrival of heavy weapons doesn't really help, and Russia is already reconstructing the grabbed lands. Sanctions doesn't work at all, Putin is supported by 80%+ people, Russian economy is getting way better, and the western is about to surrender in winter due to the lack of oil and gas, and a coming global starve. French and German is about to "awaken", stand away from evil Biden and ready to sacrifice Ukraine. The western is about to tear apart, and a new order is about to raise.

I know many of them are fake news, but I'm still anxious about them. Is Ukraine able to hold their territory, without losing too many veteran troops? Do they stand a chance to take the territory back in the future? If Putin can't be stopped even by the whole western society, I'm afraid that an era of chaos and darkness is coming.