European politics

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Re: European politics

Post by Dolan »

After debating this with some people, here's another possible explanation for why Russia might have destroyed some parts of the NS1 pipeline.
They've been using all sorts of tactics to lower the pressure of gas delivered through the pipes. They claimed technical difficulties, then stopped the flow for a while. Then they restarted it again.

But they were bound by a contract to keep delivering to those countries that caved in and accepted those payment conditions of making the conversion to rubles. If they didn't honour the contract, they'd have to pay some penalties.
So then they decided that they couldn't use technical issues too many times as an excuse to keep harrassing Euro clients by creating artificial scarcity, thus driving up spot market prices.
That's why they decided to torpedo some parts of the pipeline, leaving out only one, to keep increasing the pressure on Euro countries to stop sending weapons to Ukraine.
It's a move that was supposed to increase pressure on Western countries to stop supporting Ukraine by both withholding gas from them and by doing that also increasing gas prices in the market.
They left one pipe intact just in case Euros change their minds and stop supporting Ukraine for the sake of more cheaper gas, so they could deliver through that pipe if it came to that.
This scenario fits well with how the Russian leadership tends to think about solving problems through brute force and blackmailing the enemy with a known weakness.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

No Flag lejend
Jaeger

Post by lejend »

How can Europeans compete
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Penny Mordaunt can save the UK tbh
Attachments
come and get your milk, you filthy degenerates.jpg
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Post by princeofcarthage »

duckzilla wrote:
18 Oct 2022, 07:11
harcha wrote:
18 Oct 2022, 06:57
yeah that's just every war ever. people in the west like to put labels like "terrorism" and "war-crime", to somehow deem it "super-illegal", but in the end that's just how wars go
It's new to me that US or NATO deliberately attacked civilian infrastructure like hospitals, power plants and the like in Afghanistan or Iraq. While you can actually find a list of bombed civilian facilities, it is obvious that these are singular events, usually with legal consequences for those responsible. In contrast, Russia destroyed hundreds of civilian facitilies in the early phase of the war.
Let's not forget that the only ever use of nuclear bombs in times of war was done by US and against largely civilian population :smile: or the Kosova bombing or 20 year retaliation against a country which ultimately had very little real connection to the terrorist attacks. Continuing to supply weapons which are used against civilian population for years now.
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

wb @poc
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
Great Britain Horsemen
Jaeger

Post by Horsemen »

princeofcarthage wrote:
24 Oct 2022, 10:17
duckzilla wrote:
18 Oct 2022, 07:11
harcha wrote:
18 Oct 2022, 06:57
yeah that's just every war ever. people in the west like to put labels like "terrorism" and "war-crime", to somehow deem it "super-illegal", but in the end that's just how wars go
It's new to me that US or NATO deliberately attacked civilian infrastructure like hospitals, power plants and the like in Afghanistan or Iraq. While you can actually find a list of bombed civilian facilities, it is obvious that these are singular events, usually with legal consequences for those responsible. In contrast, Russia destroyed hundreds of civilian facitilies in the early phase of the war.
Let's not forget that the only ever use of nuclear bombs in times of war was done by US and against largely civilian population :smile: or the Kosova bombing or 20 year retaliation against a country which ultimately had very little real connection to the terrorist attacks. Continuing to supply weapons which are used against civilian population for years now.
Luckily India will be a global superpower by 2015 2020 2025 and can challenge the morally bankrupt US
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Horsemen wrote:
24 Oct 2022, 17:39
princeofcarthage wrote:
24 Oct 2022, 10:17
Show hidden quotes
Luckily India will be a global superpower by 2015 2020 2025 and can challenge the morally bankrupt US
It's already the third economy by GDP. The West made them that through outsourcing and now they're getting brazen about it, saying the West is old news and China, Russia, India are now the real superpowers.
I guess that's why Rishi Sunak wants to open the UK's borders more to migration from Asia, to capture some of that workforce moving out of the superpowers to a place with worse life prospects like Britain.
Latvia harcha
Gendarme

Post by harcha »

why is UK politics so goofy
i love it
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
Great Britain Horsemen
Jaeger

Post by Horsemen »

harcha wrote:
25 Oct 2022, 06:26
why is UK politics so goofy
i love it
Why do you take such an interest in the politics of a small island in the North Atlantic?
Vietnam duckzilla
Jaeger

Post by duckzilla »

So... how is Sunak seen by the populace? On paper it looks like he could shape British politics for decades, if he is somewhat successful. Given that the material for comparison (BoJo/Truss) is utter trash and that Sunak doesn't appear to be a complete imbecile, this doesn't even look unrealistic from the outside.
Whatever is written above: this is no financial advice.

Beati pauperes spiritu.
Great Britain Horsemen
Jaeger

Post by Horsemen »

duckzilla wrote:
25 Oct 2022, 06:50
So... how is Sunak seen by the populace? On paper it looks like he could shape British politics for decades, if he is somewhat successful. Given that the material for comparison (BoJo/Truss) is utter trash and that Sunak doesn't appear to be a complete imbecile, this doesn't even look unrealistic from the outside.
he's brown so the tory membership hates him, and he's rich so the labour membership hates him
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Post by princeofcarthage »

harcha wrote:
24 Oct 2022, 11:07
wb @poc
I never left, I just stopped responding to BS takes :smile: :salt:
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Horsemen wrote:
25 Oct 2022, 07:41
duckzilla wrote:
he's brown so the tory membership hates him, and he's rich so the labour membership hates him
Wasn't he in charge when the furlough Covid scheme got defrauded and he decided to write off the losses. The UK lost like 4bn pounds back then. And now this guy gets promoted despite losing 4bn pounds of public funds
Great Britain Horsemen
Jaeger

Post by Horsemen »

Dolan wrote:
25 Oct 2022, 10:23
Horsemen wrote:
25 Oct 2022, 07:41
duckzilla wrote:
Wasn't he in charge when the furlough Covid scheme got defrauded and he decided to write off the losses. The UK lost like 4bn pounds back then. And now this guy gets promoted despite losing 4bn pounds of public funds
what would you have done?
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Horsemen wrote:
25 Oct 2022, 10:31
Dolan wrote:
25 Oct 2022, 10:23
Show hidden quotes
Implement the scheme properly. How could someone get free public money if they can't even produce a bill that can be easily verified by audit. If they can't they shouldn't get the money.
Lots of gypsies must have got some new BMWs by now, after declaring the expenses emergency bills to help their start-up survive
Great Britain Horsemen
Jaeger

Post by Horsemen »

Dolan wrote:
25 Oct 2022, 10:47
Horsemen wrote:
25 Oct 2022, 10:31
Show hidden quotes
Implement the scheme properly. How could someone get free public money if they can't even produce a bill that can be easily verified by audit. If they can't they shouldn't get the money.
Lots of gypsies must have got some new BMWs by now, after declaring the expenses emergency bills to help their start-up survive
it's so simple, why didn't he think of that
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Horsemen wrote:
25 Oct 2022, 11:18
Dolan wrote:
25 Oct 2022, 10:47
Show hidden quotes
Because lots of those money probably ended up in some Tory funders pockets, as a great deal of payouts went to entrepreneurs and restaurant owners
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Great Britain Horsemen
Jaeger

Post by Horsemen »

Dolan wrote:
25 Oct 2022, 12:24
Horsemen wrote:
25 Oct 2022, 11:18
Show hidden quotes
Because lots of those money probably ended up in some Tory funders pockets, as a great deal of payouts went to entrepreneurs and restaurant owners
Yes Rishi Sunak who is worth £700m and is the husband of the daughter of an Indian billionaire needed those payouts
Latvia harcha
Gendarme

Post by harcha »

Dolan wrote:
25 Oct 2022, 13:08

cheezus why is it so hard for them to act human
Great Britain Horsemen
Jaeger

Post by Horsemen »

harcha wrote:
25 Oct 2022, 15:05
Dolan wrote:

have you tried waving at 100 TV cameras pointed at you?
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Horsemen wrote:
25 Oct 2022, 13:56
Dolan wrote:
25 Oct 2022, 12:24
Show hidden quotes
Yes Rishi Sunak who is worth £700m and is the husband of the daughter of an Indian billionaire needed those payouts
Not for himself, but usually once you get in a position of power the party expects you to help the party's people.
It's part of how parties work, once they're in power they expect the party to give them something, so that they reap the benefits of being in power.
So they get jobs, contracts, funding for their pet projects, etc.
And the leaders are eager to do stuff for the party's people also as a way to create good connections in the party, to strengthen their own position and future in the party.
Latvia harcha
Gendarme

Post by harcha »

Horsemen wrote:
25 Oct 2022, 16:04
harcha wrote:
Dolan wrote:

did you see the video?
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Horsemen wrote:
25 Oct 2022, 16:04
harcha wrote:
Dolan wrote:
https://i.imgur.com/Z8k0cy6.mp4
he shoulda made a vid of himself waving and just given them the file on a USB stick or through wifi