Architecture thread

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
User avatar
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger
Posts: 3476
Joined: Oct 4, 2015

Re: Architecture thread

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

Dolan wrote:
howlingwolfpaw wrote:Just cant get over this door! but not sure where it is.
Image
My google-fu says it's the Reconciliation Door from the Berliner dom (The Cathedral of Berlin, south side).

http://www.cambridge2000.com/gallery/ht ... 9092e.html

It should really be named a wonder of the world, to cast bronze doors like that is quite a feat.
User avatar
Nauru Dolan
Ninja
Posts: 13153
Joined: Sep 17, 2015

Re: Architecture thread

  • Quote

Post by Dolan »

The WTC towers had some kino views ngl

Image

Image

vaporwave office view
Image

This dreamlike atmosphere of wealth and silence radiated a Titanic vibe of impending disaster.

Image
User avatar
Nauru Dolan
Ninja
Posts: 13153
Joined: Sep 17, 2015

Re: Architecture thread

  • Quote

Post by Dolan »

Oldest door still in use in Rome, at the Pantheon.
Cast in bronze for emperor Hadrian's rebuilding,
It dates from 115 CE (1906 years ago).
Each door is solid bronze, 2.3 metres wide and 7.5 metres high, and weighs 20 tonnes.

Image

Image

Solid product
User avatar
Argentina Jotunir
Howdah
Posts: 1367
Joined: Mar 31, 2020
Location: Argentina

Re: Architecture thread

Post by Jotunir »

Dolan wrote:Oldest door still In use In Rome, at the Pantheon.
Cast In bronze for emperor Hadrian's rebuilding,
It dates from 115 CE (1906 years ago).
Each door is solid bronze, 2.3 metres wide and 7.5 metres high, and weighs 20 tonnes.

Image

Image

Solid product
That's the quality I like.
Canada Jam
Jaeger
Posts: 3118
Joined: May 16, 2015
ESO: Hyperactive Jam

Re: Architecture thread

Post by Jam »

Jotunir wrote:
Dolan wrote:Oldest door still In use In Rome, at the Pantheon.
Cast In bronze for emperor Hadrian's rebuilding,
It dates from 115 CE (1906 years ago).
Each door is solid bronze, 2.3 metres wide and 7.5 metres high, and weighs 20 tonnes.

Image

Image

Solid product
That's the quality I like.
Imagine having to open that door.
User avatar
Argentina Jotunir
Howdah
Posts: 1367
Joined: Mar 31, 2020
Location: Argentina

Re: Architecture thread

Post by Jotunir »

Fortunately that's not my job.
User avatar
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger
Posts: 3476
Joined: Oct 4, 2015

Re: Architecture thread

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

[/quote]Imagine having to open that door.[/quote]


Its probably so well balanced a child can do it.
User avatar
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
Posts: 10459
Joined: Mar 25, 2015
ESO: Pezet

Re: Architecture thread

Post by pecelot »

princeofcarthage wrote:It is actually considered worldwide, regardless of your opinion.
what a great argument
User avatar
Argentina Jotunir
Howdah
Posts: 1367
Joined: Mar 31, 2020
Location: Argentina

Re: Architecture thread

Post by Jotunir »

howlingwolfpaw wrote:
Imagine having to open that door.[/quote]


Its probably so well balanced a child can do it.[/quote]
As long as the joints are in good condition and well oiled... any door will open.
User avatar
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04
Posts: 23559
Joined: Oct 17, 2015
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: Architecture thread

Post by fightinfrenchman »

Jotunir wrote: As long as the joints are in good condition and well oiled... any door will open.
What if it's locked
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
Image
User avatar
Argentina Jotunir
Howdah
Posts: 1367
Joined: Mar 31, 2020
Location: Argentina

Re: Architecture thread

Post by Jotunir »

fightinfrenchman wrote:
Jotunir wrote: As long as the joints are in good condition and well oiled... any door will open.
What if it's locked
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battering_ram
User avatar
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor
Posts: 8861
Joined: Aug 28, 2015
Location: Milky Way!

Re: Architecture thread

Post by princeofcarthage »

pecelot wrote:
princeofcarthage wrote:It is actually considered worldwide, regardless of your opinion.
what a great argument
I know right.
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
User avatar
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger
Posts: 3476
Joined: Oct 4, 2015

Re: Architecture thread

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

Jotunir wrote:
fightinfrenchman wrote:
Jotunir wrote: As long as the joints are in good condition and well oiled... any door will open.
What if it's locked
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battering_ram


I think I would have my men climb the occulus, drop in hundreds of venomous snakes, (lowered in a basket)

Force the people out, then drop in 100 mongooses to get rid of the snakes, I like that door too much to ram it.
User avatar
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger
Posts: 3476
Joined: Oct 4, 2015

Re: Architecture thread

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

242601741_4455643864520275_5436593522449097135_n.jpg
Attachments
242652561_4455642011187127_840135698646967631_n.jpg
crystal palace.jpg
242555181_4455644487853546_6513595565318121723_n.jpg
242669494_4455643034520358_376901729267423494_n.jpg
242502451_4455640917853903_9006412700198836220_n.jpg
242858319_4455648177853177_891134508359589429_n.jpg
242514450_4455641441187184_6079454362850952370_n.jpg
242512297_4455642817853713_8052496773224027791_n.jpg
Canada Jam
Jaeger
Posts: 3118
Joined: May 16, 2015
ESO: Hyperactive Jam

Re: Architecture thread

Post by Jam »

howlingwolfpaw wrote:
Jotunir wrote:
Show hidden quotes
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battering_ram


I think I would have my men climb the occulus, drop in hundreds of venomous snakes, (lowered in a basket)

Force the people out, then drop in 100 mongooses to get rid of the snakes, I like that door too much to ram it.
You've done this before, haven't you.
User avatar
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04
Posts: 23559
Joined: Oct 17, 2015
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: Architecture thread

Post by fightinfrenchman »

howlingwolfpaw wrote:
Jotunir wrote:
Show hidden quotes
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battering_ram


I think I would have my men climb the occulus, drop in hundreds of venomous snakes, (lowered in a basket)

Force the people out, then drop in 100 mongooses to get rid of the snakes, I like that door too much to ram it.
What men
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
Image
User avatar
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
Posts: 10459
Joined: Mar 25, 2015
ESO: Pezet

Re: Architecture thread

Post by pecelot »

men bag
User avatar
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor
Posts: 8861
Joined: Aug 28, 2015
Location: Milky Way!

Re: Architecture thread

Post by princeofcarthage »

I would just use the back door.
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
User avatar
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
Posts: 10459
Joined: Mar 25, 2015
ESO: Pezet

Re: Architecture thread

Post by pecelot »

I'd use a Backstreet
User avatar
No Flag Djigit
Howdah
Posts: 1605
Joined: Nov 15, 2015

Re: Architecture thread

Post by Djigit »

Image
Kind of reminds me of the helmets chimps wore in Burton's Planet of the Apes.
spoiler
User avatar
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
Posts: 10459
Joined: Mar 25, 2015
ESO: Pezet

Re: Architecture thread

Post by pecelot »

ye
Canada Jam
Jaeger
Posts: 3118
Joined: May 16, 2015
ESO: Hyperactive Jam

Re: Architecture thread

Post by Jam »

princeofcarthage wrote:I would just use the back door.
I use my back door often.
User avatar
Argentina Jotunir
Howdah
Posts: 1367
Joined: Mar 31, 2020
Location: Argentina

Re: Architecture thread

Post by Jotunir »

Djigit wrote:Image
Kind of reminds me of the helmets chimps wore in Burton's Planet of the Apes.
spoiler
That giant glass almond looks surprisingly good :lol:
User avatar
Nauru Dolan
Ninja
Posts: 13153
Joined: Sep 17, 2015

Re: Architecture thread

Post by Dolan »

Favela intergenerational architectural growth

Image

Rocinha favela

Image
Rainbow Land callentournies
Howdah
Posts: 1708
Joined: May 6, 2021
ESO: esuck

Re: Architecture thread

Post by callentournies »

do earthquakes ever happen there
If I were a petal
And plucked, or moth, plucked
From flowers or pollen froth
To wither on a young child’s
Display. Fetch
Me a ribbon, they, all dead
Things scream.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Which top 10 players do you wish to see listed?

All-time

Active last two weeks

Active last month

Supremacy

Treaty

Official

ESOC Patch

Treaty Patch

1v1 Elo

2v2 Elo

3v3 Elo

Power Rating

Which streams do you wish to see listed?

Twitch

Age of Empires III

Age of Empires IV