Deep Divers, Tin Hatters, Skeptics, Ped Pillers, Truthers, Unite!

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Re: Deep Divers, Tin Hatters, Skeptics, Ped Pillers, Truthers, Unite!

Post by deleted_user »

Cometk wrote:
chris1089 wrote:
Show hidden quotes
If you drink enough pure water the water tries to enter your cells to change the salt/ ion to water balance. This causes them to swell and you die.
I don’t understand this. Do you know any more about it or could provide a link with some more info on the process?
http://isciencemag.co.uk/features/fact-of-the-day-1/

It seems like distilled water just lowers the threshold for water toxicity which surely must still be very high. And then it leaches some minerals out of mouth.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

Horsemen wrote:
Cometk wrote:
Show hidden quotes
I don’t understand this. Do you know any more about it or could provide a link with some more info on the process?
just drink 10 gallons of water in one go and see what happens
This is basically what I've been doing all day tbh
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Trying to kys by drinking water?
There are more effective ways tbh
United States of America evilcheadar
Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

Cometk wrote:
chris1089 wrote:
Show hidden quotes
If you drink enough pure water the water tries to enter your cells to change the salt/ ion to water balance. This causes them to swell and you die.
Your blood is salty tbh. Also if you notice IV bags in hospitals have saline ngl. When you drink extreme amounts of water the share of water compared to sodium in your blood increases and that causes water to osmotically move into your body cells to equilibrate intracellular and extracellular salt balance. Cells like red blood cells burst. Brain swells--->not enough room in skull----->over for you
A post not made is a post given away

A slushie a day keeps the refill thread at bay

Jackson Pollock was the best poster to ever to post on these forums
Great Britain Horsemen
Jaeger

Post by Horsemen »

evilcheadar wrote:
Cometk wrote:
Show hidden quotes
Your blood is salty tbh. Also if you notice IV bags in hospitals have saline ngl. When you drink extreme amounts of water the share of water compared to sodium in your blood increases and that causes water to osmotically move into your body cells to equilibrate intracellular and extracellular salt balance. Cells like red blood cells burst. Brain swells--->not enough room in skull----->over for you
:salt: :salt: :salt: :salt: :salt: :salt:
Great Britain chris1089
Retired Contributor
ESO: chris1089

Post by chris1089 »

evilcheadar wrote:
Cometk wrote:
Show hidden quotes
Ye this is what I was going to say.
My teacher referenced this story https://www.cbsnews.com/news/woman-dies ... g-contest/
And explained what cheader said above to highlight the difference between diffusion and osmosis.
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Post by princeofcarthage »

deleted_user wrote:
Cometk wrote:
Show hidden quotes
http://isciencemag.co.uk/features/fact-of-the-day-1/

It seems like distilled water just lowers the threshold for water toxicity which surely must still be very high. And then it leaches some minerals out of mouth.
Distilled water isn't particularly going to kill you, at least not in regular quantities. Purest form of water is found in Bio-labs, medicine factories, tech factories. This can kill even in smaller quantities.
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

I don't think howlingwolfpaw is referring to deionized water.

Anyways I'm gonna be the guy who asks for a source on that.
Retired Contributor

Source for what?
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

princeofcarthage wrote:Distilled water isn't particularly going to kill you, at least not in regular quantities. Purest form of water is found in Bio-labs, medicine factories, tech factories. This can kill even in smaller quantities.
A source for nanopure water killing in normal quantities tbh. Logically you aren't necessarily saying this, so terrible wording is your out.
Retired Contributor

How is it terribly worded?
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Let's clarify:

Y/N: Ultrapure (nanopure is a brand) water will kill an average, adult human in "normal quantities."
Retired Contributor

Most likely not, would depend on person to person as is in most cases but 99.9% population no.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

OK, the wording is terrible because if you were to ask a random selection of a lot of people what impression they received after reading your comment, they wouldn't overwhelmingly come to the conclusion you just stated.
European Union scarm
Howdah
ESO: Malebranche

Post by scarm »

Chemically speaking (layman knowledge alert) most substances can kill or substantially harm you in a large enough dose, humans just define substances as 'toxic' if the dose needed is small enough to be accidentally consumed.

Water as well as distilled water as well as the pure chemical compound are all toxic in large enough quantities, but realistically harmless in most cases.
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

I have consumed distilled pretty consistently for years. When its freshly made not contained in plastic it is just so refreshing, I can drink a lot more of it then I can other water that may have a mineral taste to it. Most bottled water have "minerals added for taste" taste disgusting to me. If I make tea though I just use our artesian well water, which taste pretty good and I drink from time to time as well. If in a city with fluoridated and chlorinated water I would always use distilled, and for cooking. City tap water is not really for drinking, its highly treated with many processes and what they can't filter out, they do not even test for. For a shower I have used special shower filters.

People have been drinking rain water, dew water and using solar stills in the desert/ and likely by sailors for eons its the same process.

When we think about what is the purpose of water, to me it is clear distilled offers some advantages. Water is a carrier, it is the vehicle which all life processes can work. Distilled water is a ultimate solvent to really help the body get rid of toxins that otherwise would not be carried by mineralized water. If you are eating a healthy balanced diet there is plenty of minerals for the body to use, but the correct water helps the lymph system clear out. It should be neutral PH, which will help the body balance out whatever way it needs to go. Alkaline PH is also beneficial, but most brands just use minerals from questionable sources as industrial by products (recently learning many may be synthetic minerals/vitamins, mined from oil) and with questionable usefulness to the body since they are not chelated into lifes structures that the body can use because plants have through its process made them nano sized and available for enzymes to break down into useful chemical compounds.
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Post by Riotcoke »

If you drink a load of deuterium it's also going to kill you, but it's never going to happen so who cares.

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Post by Riotcoke »

Also just to clarify it's just osmosis, so if you only drink water for a long time it'll end up happening as you'll effectively just run out of salt in your blood as without salt your nerves don't work. He's a video that shows that's kinda related to it.

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
No Flag RefluxSemantic
Gendarme

Post by RefluxSemantic »

scarm wrote:Chemically speaking (layman knowledge alert) most substances can kill or substantially harm you in a large enough dose, humans just define substances as 'toxic' if the dose needed is small enough to be accidentally consumed.

Water as well as distilled water as well as the pure chemical compound are all toxic in large enough quantities, but realistically harmless in most cases.
Im quite sure every substance will kill a person in a large enough dose. The killing factor being the volume/mass of the dose.
Great Britain chris1089
Retired Contributor
ESO: chris1089

Post by chris1089 »

RefluxSemantic wrote:
scarm wrote:Chemically speaking (layman knowledge alert) most substances can kill or substantially harm you in a large enough dose, humans just define substances as 'toxic' if the dose needed is small enough to be accidentally consumed.

Im quite sure every substance will kill a person in a large enough dose. The killing factor being the volume/mass of the dose.
Which is why you should only have McRibs in moderation @fightinfrenchman .
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

I eat them at a rate of about 4 per century
Great Britain Horsemen
Jaeger

Post by Horsemen »

still can't believe they didn't sell mcribs in the uk
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

a must to understand before taking experimental vaccine risk
She lays it all down, as a doctor experiencing everything from point A to where we are now.
key things to hear:
Why current treatments work, and number analysis
anti body enhancement dependency
and why no other flu vaccine for corona virus as ever worked before.
does it even work or have value? since it does not stop transmission.
national security risk of high amount of military and nurses taking it, yet I believe no vaccines are needed for China?
why India and Africa have so low covid deaths.

https://www.americasfrontlinedoctors.co ... mMly1LxL6M
Retired Contributor

China has done mass vaccination drives and lockdown of levels unknown to west.

India and Africa have variety of reasons such as younger population, higher temperatures, poor living conditions making body more resilient from the get go among others.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

howlingwolfpaw wrote:a must to understand before taking experimental vaccine risk
I'm not gonna read it and I'm gonna get the vaccine as soon as I'm allowed, so not a "must"