Deep Divers, Tin Hatters, Skeptics, Ped Pillers, Truthers, Unite!

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Re: Deep Divers, Tin Hatters, Skeptics, Ped Pillers, Truthers, Unite!

Post by princeofcarthage »

That's a nice way of twisting words, I never said anything against Paris arguments, and it would be fucking good if they can meet those agreements cuz you know why? Its fucking hot here and I could use some cold. But that doesn't mean we should make colossal mistakes like building thousands of sq miles of solar or wind farms. The resources itself required to build those farms are limited. And unless we start to mine resources from asteroids and other parts of solar system/universe we are fucked up. For that we need nuclear technology fission/fusion whichever. So we anyhow have to develop that tech and the best way to achieve it faster is to spam reactors all over the world.
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

And then an accident happens at a nuclear plant or some terrorist infiltrates himself and blows up a reactor and the whole region becomes uninhabitable for a few centuries.
European Union scarm
Howdah
ESO: Malebranche

Post by scarm »

princeofcarthage wrote: The resources itself required to build those farms are limited. And unless we start to mine resources from asteroids and other parts of solar system/universe we are fucked up.
we could just 3d print them tho
Retired Contributor

scarm wrote:
princeofcarthage wrote: The resources itself required to build those farms are limited. And unless we start to mine resources from asteroids and other parts of solar system/universe we are fucked up.
we could just 3d print them tho
You can't 3d print without resources?
Retired Contributor

Dolan wrote:And then an accident happens at a nuclear plant or some terrorist infiltrates himself and blows up a reactor and the whole region becomes uninhabitable for a few centuries.
It's a natural way of things, its bound to happen whether today or 50 years later.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

That's why nuclear fusion would be a much better alternative, if it was made viable.
Retired Contributor

It will be made viable, we will travel faster than light, you will be out of simulation, but it will take time
Retired Contributor

Anyone concerned for ear? Its unusual for him to take breaks unless he is banned or something is wrong
Korea South Vinyanyérë
Retired Contributor
Donator 06
ESO: duolckrad, Kuvira
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by Vinyanyérë »

Nathan is on holiday to recharge and get some fresh shitposting material, nothing to be concerned about
duck
:mds:
imo
Retired Contributor

ah, wasn't aware about it
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

This meme reminded me of this thread
Attachments
9D89829A-D5CE-45BA-9ADB-194CE1592869.jpeg
Retired Contributor

There has been research and evidence for things on both sides of the coin. Your definition of it is that I will only believe and consider theories valid which support my claim/I believe in. Even if experts are divided on some issue and which requires further research and you will be like "I support this side so its true". You come into discussion prejudiced and then when someone disagrees with you, you are like"he is so unscientific".
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Wrong in every regard, besides the fact that one side has the a huge majority of the scientific and medical community, and the other side has quack science and unfounded conspiracy theories. Since you seem to know so much about it, remind me what school you got your masters in public health from and what medical journal your most recent article was published in?
Retired Contributor

And in what was yours that you so confidently argue against about? Should not talk about credentials when you have none.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

princeofcarthage wrote:And in what was yours that you so confidently argue against about?
I don't either, but my job is literally talking to people who do. The least qualified person I talk to on a daily basis has either a bachelor's in nursing or a bachelor's in microbiology. Typically they have a masters degree in some medical field as well. In some cases they have doctorates or are actual medical doctors. Every single one vaccinated 0 exceptions, not a single one concerned about any long term effects nor about serious side effects in general.
Retired Contributor

gibson wrote:
princeofcarthage wrote:And in what was yours that you so confidently argue against about?
I don't either, but my job is literally talking to people who do. The least qualified person I talk to on a daily basis has either a bachelor's in nursing or a bachelor's in microbiology. Typically they have a masters degree in the medical field as well. In some cases they have doctorates or are actual medical doctors. Every single one vaccinated 0 exceptions, not a single one concerned about any long term effects not about serious side effects in general.
My uncle has Masters and almost 50 years of experience in the field and is well known world wide. And has actually worked in production, manufacturing, research fields. My brother has Ph.D from Tennessee, Texas and his wife as well. He works in research and development. She literally works in Pfizer. They both have 10+ years of experience. My younger brother has Masters. And FYI everyone eligible in my family also has done vaccinations. I have not cuz government regulations won't permit me yet. But when they do I will.

Discussing about potential things is not same as promoting pseudo science. I never said to not take vaccines. At least I think I didn't, yeah pretty sure.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

princeofcarthage wrote:
gibson wrote:
I don't either, but my job is literally talking to people who do. The least qualified person I talk to on a daily basis has either a bachelor's in nursing or a bachelor's in microbiology. Typically they have a masters degree in the medical field as well. In some cases they have doctorates or are actual medical doctors. Every single one vaccinated 0 exceptions, not a single one concerned about any long term effects not about serious side effects in general.
My uncle has Masters and almost 50 years of experience in the field and is well known world wide. And has actually worked in production, manufacturing, research fields. My brother has Ph.D from Tennessee, Texas and his wife as well. He works in research and development. She literally works in Pfizer. They both have 10+ years of experience. My younger brother has Masters. And FYI everyone eligible in my family also has done vaccinations. I have not cuz government regulations won't permit me yet. But when they do I will.

Discussing about potential things is not same as promoting pseudo science. I never said to not take vaccines. At least I think I didn't, yeah pretty sure.
So then why are you acting like it's a very real possibility that there are going to be long term negative side effects when you should know that's not really possible?
Spain Snuden
Jaeger
ESO: Snuden

Post by Snuden »

princeofcarthage wrote:It will be made viable, we will travel faster than light, you will be out of simulation, but it will take time
?
[Sith] - Baphomet
Retired Contributor

gibson wrote:
princeofcarthage wrote:
Show hidden quotes

So then why are you acting like it's a very real possibility that there are going to be long term negative side effects when you should know that's not really possible?
I am not acting as if something will happen. In fact I plainly said some pages ago that I don't think Pfizer or Moderna will have any effects, I am simply arguing against the casual and dismissive nature of some people who are like "Vaccines cannot have any side effects in long term" even when there is some history of it happening. You don't acknowledge that there is a rare, extremely rare possibility that something can happen, something which experts even agree on.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Funny she actually makes a few valid points, than immediately says some really dumb shit
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

well at least you watched or listened this time.

There is a lot of risky actions being taken.
No Flag RefluxSemantic
Gendarme

Post by RefluxSemantic »

princeofcarthage wrote:
gibson wrote:
Show hidden quotes
I am not acting as if something will happen. In fact I plainly said some pages ago that I don't think Pfizer or Moderna will have any effects, I am simply arguing against the casual and dismissive nature of some people who are like "Vaccines cannot have any side effects in long term" even when there is some history of it happening. You don't acknowledge that there is a rare, extremely rare possibility that something can happen, something which experts even agree on.
What history of vaccines having long term effects?
Denmark voigt1240
Lancer
ESO: voigt

Post by voigt1240 »

When i hear people talking about long term side effects they bring up the pandemrix narcoelepsy scandal.
Retired Contributor

@RefluxSemantic so basically I did more research about energy and it seems that Solar energy can indeed be a viable solution, more so than wind.