Deep Divers, Tin Hatters, Skeptics, Ped Pillers, Truthers, Unite!

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Re: Deep Divers, Tin Hatters, Skeptics, Ped Pillers, Truthers, Unite!

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

fightinfrenchman wrote:People got mad about it but this ad is legitimately funny

that's some bad taste there.

Psychopathic really
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Post by princeofcarthage »

Fuck off @Sensei
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

howlingwolfpaw wrote:
evilcheadar wrote:
Show hidden quotes
It’s basically a sort of signaling beacon type thing from what I understand
Curious..... I am not sure how this tech really works so whether or not it could project out of the building or was part of an external technology system linked to it or not.

Perhaps it was a beacon to a drone like object that could project a hologram of a plane around it, and then used that signal to attack that specific spot they needed for the rest of the illusion. (though quite real I'm afraid)
Weirdly enough one of holosprays is reported to have said "Gibraltar's got you!" What do you think that may have meant?
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
United States of America Sensei
Skirmisher

Post by Sensei »

fightinfrenchman wrote:
Sensei wrote:Gravity can create quite a bit of force on a steel structure. The twin towers for instance weighed 500,000 tons each.
I don't see why having 500,000 tons of material above something would exert any pressure on it
Ah you are right I forgot there is no force if velocity equals zero that's my mistake.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

howlingwolfpaw wrote: that's some bad taste there.

Psychopathic really
This is BS political correctness. It's a funny ad
Skirmisher

Post by Sensei »

princeofcarthage wrote:Fuck off @Sensei
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

princeofcarthage wrote:
harcha wrote:@howlingwolfpaw you realize that planting and successfully detonating explosives this powerful is much harder than just flying the actual planes right?
Not supporting any conspiracy theory or anything but terrorists had managed to bomb the basement in 1990s. The plan was same to destroy the centres. But it failed. Well bomb exploded but towers didn't collapse.
that is what i mean, it's a very serious task to get a big enough amount of powerful enough explosives in an organized way, and then detonate them properly all without getting stopped. seems like hijacking planes would be easier.
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Post by princeofcarthage »

Sensei wrote:
I dislike your dislike.
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
Skirmisher

Post by Sensei »

harcha wrote:
princeofcarthage wrote:
harcha wrote:@howlingwolfpaw you realize that planting and successfully detonating explosives this powerful is much harder than just flying the actual planes right?
Not supporting any conspiracy theory or anything but terrorists had managed to bomb the basement in 1990s. The plan was same to destroy the centres. But it failed. Well bomb exploded but towers didn't collapse.
that is what i mean, it's a very serious task to get a big enough amount of powerful enough explosives in an organized way, and then detonate them properly all without getting stopped. seems like hijacking planes would be easier.
Like you said it is obvious that Terrorists didn't demo the buildings with explosives it was the US government that way they had a reason to go to war in the Middle East and they had the public's support.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Maybe site contractors outsourced those beams to some Chinese company

"The steel" was probably mostly brass tbh
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

Sensei wrote:
princeofcarthage wrote:Actually I don't know where you are getting your info from but steel loses 50% of its strength at ~1200 deg f and jet fuel burns at ~1500 deg f. So while steel itself would not break it would lose enough strength to not sustain the weight.
It is really inefficient the get the steel the same temperature as the fire. the fire needs to be way hotter than the metal, just too much heat dissipation, and really besides the fireball where are the major fires? the whole top half of building should have been engulfed in flames by that time if it were all that flammable. All we see is smoke and like paper office stuff on fire.

So going back to thing, if my forge only heated to 1500 deg and I wanted to forge with it, I would be waiting around a long time for disappointing results.
plus this steel is insulated and not going to get that hot, and the fire need to surround the steel, we see small fires here and there. no way going to be effecting the outside supports like that.
Skirmisher

Post by Sensei »

princeofcarthage wrote:
Sensei wrote:
I dislike your dislike.
I don't see an image indicating your dislike, but I'll note it down mentally.
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

howlingwolfpaw wrote:
voigt1240 wrote:Interested to hear your take on What you think of tower 7

Do you reckon it was a controlled demolition that led to its collapse or do you think building 7 was hit by lots of debris from the towers and the fire weakened it structurally which made it collapse.

i have always heard 9/11 conspiracy theorists talking about tower 7.

@howlingwolfpaw

I see no reason a building should fall like this. Clearly another act only concealed by peoples disillusionment that a criminal group would never try to infiltrate the gov't for their own agendas

There are many.
every year buildings around the world collapse due to variety of reasons, some under their own weight
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

fightinfrenchman wrote:

Psychopathic really

some things you just have a respect for.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

howlingwolfpaw wrote:
fightinfrenchman wrote:

Psychopathic really

some things you just have a respect for.
Okay so you are okay with demanding political correctness. Seems like a way to control people tbh
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

I am not demanding anything, its their right I guess to some free creative speech, but I would not be enticed to want to buy from that company. So while they can do that, it does not make them immune to the public's own opinion.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

howlingwolfpaw wrote: but I would not be enticed to want to buy from that company
So you're cancelling them
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

harcha wrote:
howlingwolfpaw wrote:
voigt1240 wrote:Interested to hear your take on What you think of tower 7

Do you reckon it was a controlled demolition that led to its collapse or do you think building 7 was hit by lots of debris from the towers and the fire weakened it structurally which made it collapse.

i have always heard 9/11 conspiracy theorists talking about tower 7.

@howlingwolfpaw

I see no reason a building should fall like this. Clearly another act only concealed by peoples disillusionment that a criminal group would never try to infiltrate the gov't for their own agendas

There are many.
every year buildings around the world collapse due to variety of reasons, some under their own weight

Lets look at the comparable cases then. They really should be in the USA so have the same building code standards, and be made of steel and concrete.

(note TWC was not really designed like most sky scrapers, and was overbuilt from many experts, having all the steel on the outer walls and a central core of columns was pretty revolutionary)
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

fightinfrenchman wrote:
howlingwolfpaw wrote: but I would not be enticed to want to buy from that company
So you're cancelling them

No I would be promoting/ patronizing someone else.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

@howlingwolfpaw You never answered my question about the mysterious Gibraltar message
Skirmisher

Post by Sensei »

I remember a story about the a large man who appeared to be a Pacific islander he was seen going into the basement of Tower One on 9/11 and he was heard saying "I can't wait to get down there and do a job."
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

fightinfrenchman wrote:@howlingwolfpaw You never answered my question about the mysterious Gibraltar message
Oh hey got lost in the feed.

I had to look up some info on Gibraltar, interesting to see a UK colony in Spain held contentiously in the past but voted to remain under UK,
You can also marry anyone there with a days notice and will get legal recognition worldwide, and host barbary ape populations.

It is a strategic location with lots of significant history (including military) so could be an inside nod to some event
Other than that I have no idea what it would mean
Seems like a bit of a red herring.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

howlingwolfpaw wrote:
fightinfrenchman wrote:@howlingwolfpaw You never answered my question about the mysterious Gibraltar message
Oh hey got lost in the feed.

I had to look up some info on Gibraltar, interesting to see a UK colony in Spain held contentiously in the past but voted to remain under UK,
You can also marry anyone there with a days notice and will get legal recognition worldwide, and host barbary ape populations.

It is a strategic location with lots of significant history (including military) so could be an inside nod to some event
Other than that I have no idea what it would mean
Seems like a bit of a red herring.
Seems a bit absurd to act like it wasn't related to the buildings coming down, the guy specifically said he hadn't ever seen holosprays in the staircases before
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

I wanna break this up into bite sized pieces and I haven't used my degree in a year and I wanna so let's start small.
howlingwolfpaw wrote:Also, steel even while hot still retains most of its compression strength
Can you provide a source for this, maybe a yield strength vs. temperature graph of steel like this [1]. Or the stress/strain graphs of steel at different temperatures [2]. Steel as a meterial is equally strong in tension as it is in compression (but compression is susceptible to buckling).
graph.png
stressstraintemp.png
howlingwolfpaw wrote:Even hot, steel retains most of its compression strength, a long piece can be bent fairly easily
I'm just assuming this is in reference to a very popular video:

The long piece is bent easily (apart from the loss of compressive and tensile strength) because bending produces Moment. Moment is a tremendous stress generated by a force applied at a distance (the resulting force couple). The equation for the Moment force is M = F * L. The longer the "moment arm" the greater the Moment produced. Think of using a crowbar.
moment.png
Bending produces tension and compression in the beam -- think of bending a sponge.
tensioncompression.jpg
When the hot, long piece of steel is bent at the anvil, it must be resisting compressive forces because half of the cross section must be in compression. If the compressive strength was retained, this would be difficult. It is easy because the compressive strain is not retained. And it is *easier* than hitting it with a hammer, because we are producing a moment, which is a much greater force than that produced by hitting it with a hammer, because there is no moment arm when we hit it with a hammer against a flat anvil.

Moments are always being produced everywhere in a structure.

Once we get going we can dissect the forensics analysis report to tackle the question of total system behavior which is cool because I haven't read it yet. My favorite professor worked in seismic forensics so I can LARP a bit.

[1] https://www.researchgate.net/figure/Yie ... _227780727
[2] https://www.researchgate.net/figure/Str ... _236341600
Korea South Vinyanyérë
Retired Contributor
Donator 06
ESO: duolckrad, Kuvira
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by Vinyanyérë »

howlingwolfpaw wrote:I am sure most of you have heard of the old nursury rhythm "hey diddle diddle" this is what I think it means:

original was

High Diddle Diddle
the cat and the fiddle
the cow jumps over the moon
the little dog laughs to see such a craft
and the fork runs away with the spoon

changed to (not sure when)

Hi diddle diddle
the cat and the fiddle
the cow jumps over the moon
the little dog laughs to see such a sport
and the dish runs away with the spoon.

. Interesting that the poem was made in 1765 or as early as 1500's, but then revised at some point. Hi (or original was high) diddle diddle (diddle= has a couple applicable definitions, possible fraud or aimless productiveness) the cat n the fiddle (represents a common hotel name from medieval times) the cow ( cows are like calling people sheep in older times ) jumps over the moon.... (trying to get to the moon space race) the little dog (dogs are like watchers, sheep herders) laughs, to see such a sport ( the trying to get to the moon, or space race) (original text in 1700's was craft, so maybe then people just wanted to try to build ships) and the dish (original was fork) ran away with the spoon, symbolizing the idea of a plane and dome left the zeitgeist of the people. !!!!!!

Historical context in present narrative:

Is that when the realm decided it was a ball earth I am sure many people were talking about dreaming to go to the moon. Or maybe it was even changed later to really adapt it more to the space race.

I just got 2 new videos to review about Warner Von Braun and the moon someone recommended to me last night so will see if they add anything to this later... to much to do today.... Merry Christmas.
The poem is actually far older than the 1500s. This is unfortunately a common misconception. The original poem was written several thousand years ago - exactly when is unclear, with contemporary scholars estimating as few as 6,000 years to as many as 100,000. Unhelpful, I know. Most of the original poem has fallen out of public memory, although a group at Pembroke (part of Oxford) was able to recover it and produce a faithful translation in 1954. The academic consensus, however, is that it is of little significance, likely written by a retired burglar who had taken up amateur poetry after a particularly big heist and enjoyed writing ridiculous songs to entertain his nieces and nephews.
duck
:mds:
imo