Love, life, and marriage.

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Love, life, and marriage.

Post by princeofcarthage »

I have never quite understood why someone 36 years old, that too a successful person would ever marry a 71 year old. I was just watching scorpion and going through the cast to find actors name when I stumbled upon actor katharine mcphee. She is married to david foster who was 71 (now 72 or 73) at the time of marriage. She is beautiful and could easily find much better prospects. So why these things happen?
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Re: Love, life, and marriage.

Post by harcha »

maybe it's a daddy thing
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
Great Britain Horsemen
Jaeger

Post by Horsemen »

inheritance
Retired Contributor

Horsemen wrote:inheritance
could be but he could very well live upto say 90 or plus. By that time she is 55+ which means she is way past her prime/good years.
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: lamergamer
Clan: c0ns

Post by Sargsyan »

because she's into FILFS
krichk wrote:For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge Challenger_Marco
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

her previous husband also had 19 years on her, married at 23 vs 42. so maybe that's just her type.
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: lamergamer
Clan: c0ns

Post by Sargsyan »

maybe shes into wrinkles idk
krichk wrote:For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge Challenger_Marco
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

She has the boomer fever
Retired Contributor

harcha wrote:her previous husband also had 19 years on her, married at 23 vs 42. so maybe that's just her type.
Interesting, I missed out on that. But still 23 vs 42 is lot different as opposed to 36 and 71. Another thing they are about to have their first child. What is going to be the quality of sperm at the age of 71? How will the child turn out. It is completely illogical.
No Flag Djigit
Howdah

Post by Djigit »

It was not his jizz.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

I think it's worse for the kids when the mom is older than 35. The risk is lower if the dad is older, afaik.
United States of America SoldieR
Pro Player
ESO: SoldieR

Post by SoldieR »

princeofcarthage wrote:
harcha wrote:her previous husband also had 19 years on her, married at 23 vs 42. so maybe that's just her type.
Interesting, I missed out on that. But still 23 vs 42 is lot different as opposed to 36 and 71. Another thing they are about to have their first child. What is going to be the quality of sperm at the age of 71? How will the child turn out. It is completely illogical.
I think 23 vs 42 is actually much worse than 36 vs 71. A 23 year old is a child still, in a lot of ways. A person at 36 knows a lot more about life.

Of course every situation and person has their own experiences, but in many cases a 23 year old is still considered a dependent on their parents tax return.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

She likes his genes and/or his money, probably both. Falling in love with someone that much older than you is hard to understand for us males but it does happen for females afaik, which makes sense given the different age limits on fertility.

But yeah it could be one of those business-like marriages where she's being financially compensated for being his trophy wife and has (a) boyfriend(s) on the side.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

This is a very weird thread
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
Retired Contributor

Goodspeed wrote:She likes his genes and/or his money, probably both. Falling in love with someone that much older than you is hard to understand for us males but it does happen for females afaik, which makes sense given the different age limits on fertility.

But yeah it could be one of those business-like marriages where she's being financially compensated for being his trophy wife and has (a) boyfriend(s) on the side.
Could be. But how do you handle when he takes you to bed. He is not going to simply pay you millions for a photo on insta. So do you allow someone who is possibly the age of your dad or grandpa to have coitus with you?
Vietnam duckzilla
Jaeger

Post by duckzilla »

You seem to solely focus on the age. It might just be that the guy actually has a great personality. While age might be a significant hindrance for you subjectively, it could well be that the she simply does not care as much about it. There are many other bad traits a man can have, that can be significantly worse than having a certain age (that you can not change on your own...).

Without framing this in a context of "daddy and grandpa", which obviously makes it awkward by unnecessarily bringing family into the discussion, one could just look at this as a relationship between two people.
Whatever is written above: this is no financial advice.

Beati pauperes spiritu.