PC Building - general topic

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Re: PC Building - general topic

Post by harcha »

If you could send me a 3080 for MSRP, I'll happily pay you an extra 100 bucks and all of the incoming duties and sell it.
New 3080s are starting 1600eur right now, and used ones are like 100eur less :kinggreen:
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Post by princeofcarthage »

I can currently get 3080 from local store for like 80k ~1000 - 1100$ which is probably 10k ~150$ more than normal price. Normal price is inherently higher in India due to taxes. On amazon and everything its 1500+ but local stores have for a reasonable price range.
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
Retired Contributor

I will sell it you for store price +100$. Shipping, duties and all other charges you bear it. Do we have a deal?
Latvia harcha
Gendarme

Post by harcha »

Get the one for $700, maybe see what shipping options you have to Latvia. As long as the shipping is not insane I don't see a problem.
princeofcarthage wrote:Why would someone pay 1300$ for a card that's worse in literally all aspects than the $700 one. 3080 prices are also back to near normal levels now...
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
Retired Contributor

It's impossible to get one for 700$ in India, the mrp itself is 1000$. We have insanely high taxes. Even nvidia's out of stock founders edition retails for 900$
Latvia harcha
Gendarme

Post by harcha »

Then sending it anywhere is probably not feasible unless you're travelling yourself and can put it in the backpack. Can you really get a 3080 for $900 right now, are you sure it's not just a waitlist? Prices in USA are like $1650+, and they usually have the best prices for these things in the western hemisphere.
Retired Contributor

Well founders edition is out of stock so 3rd party cards are going for about $1100 right now which is 100 more than mrp, maybe I can get some discount on it from my know store. Yeah I am pretty sure in India you can bag one for 1100$, shipping to latvia is showing my 50$-100$
Retired Contributor

I murdered English
Latvia harcha
Gendarme

Post by harcha »

It's probably feasible but the risk is a bit too high for that small of a margin.
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Post by Riotcoke »

@Dolan yea looked to me like the ex was just some rich simp basically, pc was also terribly built and put together, like it had radiator fans for the PSU and a noctua dh-15 cooler that didn't fit so bent the side panel like shit.

Have ended up basically swapping the mobo CPU and GPU with my d stuff into my case, so for me it's a massive upgrade from a r7 1700 and a 980. Have already sold the r7 mobo and 980 for £450 too so it's literally an upgrade and free money.

Also titans, weirdly, seem to keep there value on places like eBay here for some reason, e.g the titan is about £750 on eBay but the 1080ti which is roughly the same gaming performance is £500.

@princeofcarthage you're talking out of your arse, you cannot get a 3060ti for less than £800 here, let alone a 3080. Please can you actually show me show me somewhere that's not a raffle that's in stock for any modern card.

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
Retired Contributor

You need to take reading lessons, I clearly mentioned it would cost between 1000-1100$
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor

Post by Riotcoke »

Okay show me one for $1000-1100 seeing as they're like £1600 here used.

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
Retired Contributor

You actually need to go to reading classes. I did mention it's available at local stores and not online, online prices are roughly similar. But you are in luck, actually found 3 sites selling for $850 and $1200
Attachments
Screenshot_20220112-161923_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20220112-162522_Chrome.jpg
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

fightinfrenchman wrote:
Riotcoke wrote:Just picked up this pc on facebook marketplace for £400 as the girl who was selling didn't know what it was worth because her ex had bought it so she could play sims 4.
lmao nice
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor

Post by Riotcoke »

princeofcarthage wrote:You actually need to go to reading classes. I did mention it's available at local stores and not online, online prices are roughly similar. But you are in luck, actually found 3 sites selling for $850 and $1200
Is that actually in stock though, as 'send enquiry' here usually means out of stock and will message you when back in stock. In person they also go for 850 here but they're bought out in like 20 minutes.

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor

Post by Riotcoke »

Also why are the only ones I can find like this, so way over what you said and out of stock?
Attachments
Screenshot_20220112_121847_com.android.chrome.jpg

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor

Post by Riotcoke »

@princeofcarthage Thoughts?

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
Retired Contributor

The links I sent to you 2 of them have available. 3rd one RPTech is directly associated with nvidia. They are probably bulk sellers which is why they have contact info. 62k is probably the lowest price when you buy in bulk like 10 pieces or something. You would also probably need a registered business to buy from there. For single quantities I expect somewhat increased price. But other 2 sites had them available ubuy india 90k and bingkart 62k. I already mentioned, amazon and most other mainstream sites have price in range of $1400+, sellers probably trying to make profit. But in local shops the card is selling for 80k-90k which is roughly upto 1100$. Of course if you go OC cards or liquid cooled or other gimmicky 3rd party variants then prices can be much more.
Latvia harcha
Gendarme

Post by harcha »

Since ETH and other cryptos crashed this is probably the last chance in a while to sell your GPUs at a good price, right before the used market catches up. I'm already seeing some good deals which are at 70% of the typical going rate just a month ago.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

The GTX 1650 I got about 9 months ago for €305 / $350 now sells from the same store here for €664 / $758. And that's considering I got it for about 2xMSRP.
👌
Latvia harcha
Gendarme

Post by harcha »

Those things go for about 200 here.

The prices have dropped a little as the new GPU supply has somewhat improved. Still prices are like 15% less than the all time high which is not good enough. I guess it will take years for prices to get reasonable again, by which time there will surely be another mining craze and the Chinese manufacturing will be on full super-tariff mode.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Scalpers ig, then.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

EU investing in bringing back home chip manufacturing. Big effing thumbs up, finally people waking up.

It's slow but they're waking up. I've been advocating for this for years, before the corona crisis.
At least they're getting it right now. Just like they started getting migration right, compared to what was before.
This should create new jobs here and keep a lot of IP here too. Which is how it should have always been.
So Dutch ASML should get lots of clients here. If you have an engineering or physics degree this is good news for you, but it's gonna take years for this to unfold.
Latvia harcha
Gendarme

Post by harcha »

Bought a RTX 3060ti for 650, sold my GTX 1080ti for 490. In relative terms I think it's a good trade, but in absolute terms that 160 difference might feel a bit sour in a month or two. Anyways it was stressful because nobody seemed to want that old card in spite of having the best price in 2 marketplaces. Lesson learned - in a declining market sell first; I always have integrated graphics to fall back to.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

harcha wrote:
14 Feb 2022, 15:11
Bought a RTX 3060ti for 650, sold my GTX 1080ti for 490. In relative terms I think it's a good trade, but in absolute terms that 160 difference might feel a bit sour in a month or two. Anyways it was stressful because nobody seemed to want that old card in spite of having the best price in 2 marketplaces. Lesson learned - in a declining market sell first; I always have integrated graphics to fall back to.
Wtf, RTX 3060ti is at least €900, more often €1000+ here. Was it used