PC Building - general topic

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Re: PC Building - general topic

Post by Dolan »

pecelot wrote:(Sorry for double posting).
Out of these two:
pecelot wrote:Kingston 480GB 2,5" SATA SSD A400 (7x69,9x100 [mm]) and Crucial 480GB 2,5" SATA SSD BX500 (7x70x100 [mm]).
is one more preferable than the other? They seem to have the same specs, they also cost the same in the shop I'm buying them from. Is one company more reliable than the other?
CrucialKingston
540 MB/s Read, 500 MB/s Writeup to 500MB/s read and 450MB/s write
The Crucial one is slightly faster, at least based on their spec sheet.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

The new build, as I promised. Held out until now to add the ARGB case fans.

Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

nice smoll box

not planning any upgrades to my pc but got some keyboard mods in the mail to potentially make my keyboard silent.
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Solid cable management, I have 8 fans in my new build and gave up on cable management.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

harcha wrote:nice smoll box
The case looks like an SFF one, but it can take a full ATX. I just used a mATX because I didn't really need to have more than a mATX has, I don't plan to add much to it.
Most cases have that space at the bottom left for placing a PSU and a couple of bays for storage. In this case, that space was removed from the bottom, so it became shorter, and an extra chamber was added on the left side, where you can put the PSU and storage drives. You can also shove any extra cables in that compartment. It's a neat idea, it works well but it puts limits on how tall the cooler can be and the size of the GPU, because the case basically has the same width as a common ATX case.
gibson wrote:Solid cable management, I have 8 fans in my new build and gave up on cable management.
Thanks, I basically just routed most cables through this chamber behind the motherboard, so that they all come out exactly where they need to be plugged. Didn't get any fancy cable kits or anything, just used the stuff that came in the box. But yeah, when I built this PC, figuring out how to route the cables took most of the time, the other stuff went fast.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

How much did you pay for your GPU and what is it?
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote: ā†‘
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

@iNcog I hate to admit it, but I paid about ā‚¬300 / $350 for this GTX 1650 made by ASUS, which is about double the MSRP.
The only feature that makes it somewhat worth, considering it was a midrange card in 2019, is that it's the 4GB GDDR6 128-bit version, so it has the newest and fastest type of video RAM.
I would have never paid such a price if I didn't need to get a new system fast, because the previous one was a bread toaster and I needed new one for work. I had to get a GPU too because lots of applications today make intensive use of GPU and they don't recognise some integrated graphics.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Everythings so fucked haha, that money should have been able to get you 3060 or 3060 ti.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

In normal times, yeah
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Post by princeofcarthage »

Dolan wrote:@iNcog I hate to admit it, but I paid about ā‚¬300 / $350 for this GTX 1650 made by ASUS, which is about double the MSRP.
The only feature that makes it somewhat worth, considering it was a midrange card in 2019, is that it's the 4GB GDDR6 128-bit version, so it has the newest and fastest type of video RAM.
I would have never paid such a price if I didn't need to get a new system fast, because the previous one was a bread toaster and I needed new one for work. I had to get a GPU too because lots of applications today make intensive use of GPU too and they don't recognise some integrated graphics.
Gddr6x is the fastest type btw not gddr6
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
Latvia harcha
Gendarme

Post by harcha »

on a related note it seems like the price and availability of rx 6700 is coming back to some sense (slowly) and the fact that these GPUs are in supply will mean that the prices of others (especially in second hand market) will start coming down too
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

princeofcarthage wrote:Gddr6x is the fastest type btw not gddr6
And it's found in 3080s and 3090s so it's basically unobtainium at this point.
Retired Contributor

Dolan wrote:
princeofcarthage wrote:Gddr6x is the fastest type btw not gddr6
And it's found in 3080s and 3090s so it's basically unobtainium at this point.
regardless doesn't change the fact its the fastest and not yours...
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

I meant fastest on the market, you know, stuff for people that live in the real world.
It's not clear if 3090 actually exists, might be just a very smartly pulled off media prank tbh
Retired Contributor

3080, my cousin got it in October and it's available now as well in India. A tad bit pricey but it's available. Normal prices range between 70k to 120k depending on stuff like water cooling, extra fans, overclocking and and other manufacture specific gimmicks. Basic models are currently OOS but I can get one with normal price of 115k for 130k which is not too bad. But at this point I don't even think nvidia is trying to save the 3080 market. There are enough cards in market and correction should occur naturally/pretty soon. If anything to go by next series should be available next year which means hoarders will have to reduce prices pretty soon. Also 3090 exists :hmm: I can buy it for roughly 4k USD. If anyone its nvidia to blame for not flooding the market and punishing scalpers.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

The chip shortage is not going away any time soon
Retired Contributor

Irrelevant.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

You realize Dolan's being sarcastic right? Obviously he believes those cards exist, he's just speaking to the fact that since the average person has 0 chance to obtain one, they may as well not.
Retired Contributor

But average person can pretty much buy it if they truly desires it. Average gdp is 66k in us that's ~5.5k a month. For someone who truly desires or is into gaming He could easily spend $4k or should be less in US as compared to India for what is at least a 3 year investment.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

princeofcarthage wrote:Also 3090 exists
Are you sure
Retired Contributor

The only thing I am not sure is how ear and you are the only 2 bots that ever went rogue. Or rather why.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

The only thing I'm sure of is that you're a moron
Retired Contributor

I mean look at gibby. I designed him to be dipshit moron and he does his part all the time, why can't you? Why can't you Dolan?!
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

princeofcarthage wrote:The only thing I am not sure is how ear and you are the only 2 bots that ever went rogue. Or rather why.
princeofcarthage wrote:I mean look at gibby. I designed him to be dipshit moron and he does his part all the time, why can't you? Why can't you Dolan?!
Latvia harcha
Gendarme

Post by harcha »

@Dolan 3090 exists unlike 3070ti
These are the listings available here, some used, some unopened. I can probably find ones from a store at 3k, but it is always unclear if it's a waitlist or if they are in stock.
Attachments
3090.jpg