UEFA EURO 2020

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.

Who wins it?

Poll ended at 11 Jun 2021, 21:40

Austria
4%
Belgium
12%
Croatia
No votes
Czech Republic
No votes
Denmark
8%
England
8%
Finland
No votes
France
15%
Garja
15%
Germany
15%
Hungary
No votes
Netherlands
4%
North Macedonia
8%
Poland
No votes
Portugal
No votes
Russia
No votes
Scotland
No votes
Slovakia
No votes
Spain
No votes
Sweden
4%
Switzerland
No votes
Turkey
No votes
Ukraine
No votes
Wales
8%

Total votes: 26

No Flag Djigit
Howdah

UEFA EURO 2020

Post by Djigit »

Great Britain Horsemen
Jaeger

Re: UEFA EURO 2020

Post by Horsemen »

gremans vs sovits
No Flag RefluxSemantic
Gendarme

Post by RefluxSemantic »

Can you please remove garja as an option and add italy? Otherwise the poll will be meaningless
No Flag RefluxSemantic
Gendarme

Post by RefluxSemantic »

I'm feeling Italy for some reason. France, Germany and Spain are generally always the favorites.

The only team I've truly followed is NL and boy does that make me cynical about our chances. It's great to finally be at a tournament again. I had almost forgotten how big of a deal this is. Unfortunately we're pretty meh and our coach is shit, using a shit formation that just doesn't work. We're playing 5-3-2 now but our backs are absolute trash and the coaching is playing defensive midfielders too (so why are you also playing with 3 CBs then?) so there's no creativity or anything. 5-3-2 can work but you need solid wingbacks and midfielders that can start a counterattack or break open the game. On paper our team is pretty good, de Ligt, de Vrij, de Jong, Wijnaldum and Depay (for the national team he's extremely good) are world class players and we have some solid filler players and some great talents. But currently it's just not working.
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

RefluxSemantic wrote:I'm feeling Italy for some reason. France, Germany and Spain are generally always the favorites.

The only team I've truly followed is NL and boy does that make me cynical about our chances. It's great to finally be at a tournament again. I had almost forgotten how big of a deal this is. Unfortunately we're pretty meh and our coach is shit, using a shit formation that just doesn't work. We're playing 5-3-2 now but our backs are absolute trash and the coaching is playing defensive midfielders too (so why are you also playing with 3 CBs then?) so there's no creativity or anything. 5-3-2 can work but you need solid wingbacks and midfielders that can start a counterattack or break open the game. On paper our team is pretty good, de Ligt, de Vrij, de Jong, Wijnaldum and Depay (for the national team he's extremely good) are world class players and we have some solid filler players and some great talents. But currently it's just not working.
The lack of blind nationalism is disturbing.

HUP HOLLAND HUP
No Flag RefluxSemantic
Gendarme

Post by RefluxSemantic »

Mr_Bramboy wrote:
RefluxSemantic wrote:I'm feeling Italy for some reason. France, Germany and Spain are generally always the favorites.

The lack of blind nationalism is disturbing.

HUP HOLLAND HUP
Part of the Dutch identity is to be cynical about our football team
Germany blackout
Dragoon

Post by blackout »

Didnt thought its possible that a Dutch team could play something else than 433
No Flag RefluxSemantic
Gendarme

Post by RefluxSemantic »

blackout wrote:Didnt thought its possible that a Dutch team could play something else than 433
That's kinda on you. We've been playing 5-3-2 on and off for 7 years now. Actually, I'd argue the popularity of 5-3-2 is at least partially due to van Gaal playing this with the Dutch squad in the 2014 World cup.
Germany blackout
Dragoon

Post by blackout »

Damn shame on me i guess
France is definitely the favorite to win the tournament as worldcup winner and just having the best squad. I dont see any weakness in their team.
From german perspective it's kind of unpredictable. We got a tough group with france portugal and hungary but if we get through the group with some good results anything is possible. We got a really good team aswell especially with mĂĽller and hummels back
No Flag RefluxSemantic
Gendarme

Post by RefluxSemantic »

Ultimately it's also going to be knock out football. It's unpredictable and almost no team should be ruled out. Get lucky a few times in a row and you can just win it.
No Flag Djigit
Howdah

Post by Djigit »

As long as England doesn't win it, I'm good.
Great Britain InsectPoison
Lancer

Post by InsectPoison »

You guys know what time it is?

ITS COMING HOME THATS WHAT TIME IT IS
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Post by princeofcarthage »

Wake up
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
Great Britain Horsemen
Jaeger

Post by Horsemen »

princeofcarthage wrote:Wake up
Jitterbug
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

oh yeah like a true Pollacko I'm a proper England simp
h'away the lads or something
France bwinner
Howdah
Donator 01
ESO: bwinner

Post by bwinner »

I don't really understand why the odd of England is so low. I am not especially impressed by their team and England has a strong culture of being trash every championship. I don't see them winning.
My favorites are :
*****: France
****: Portugal, Belgium
***: Italie, Spain, Germany
**: England, Netherland
*: Croatia, Turkey, Poland
No Flag RefluxSemantic
Gendarme

Post by RefluxSemantic »

bwinner wrote:I don't really understand why the odd of England is so low. I am not especially impressed by their team and England has a strong culture of being trash every championship. I don't see them winning.
My favorites are :
Then why does NL get 2 stars, and belgium 4? 1 championship win in the entire history of football between those two countries (NL 1988).. And NL is also currently playing like hot trash
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: lamergamer
Clan: c0ns

Post by Sargsyan »

North Macedonia because it is where Vane the Stoilov is from
krichk wrote:For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge Challenger_Marco
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by Sargsyan »

bwinner wrote:I don't really understand why the odd of England is so low. I am not especially impressed by their team and England has a strong culture of being trash every championship. I don't see them winning.
My favorites are :
italie will win it
krichk wrote:For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge Challenger_Marco
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by Sargsyan »

My favorites are :
*****: France, Italie, Belgium
rest agreed
No Flag RefluxSemantic
Gendarme

Post by RefluxSemantic »

Sargsyan wrote:North Macedonia because it is where Vane the Stoilov is from
I'm contemplating betting on North Macedonia vs NL. Great odds at like 19:1.
Great Britain InsectPoison
Lancer

Post by InsectPoison »

My favorites are :
Yes, Belgium playing a finished Vertonghen and Alderwairald are that high up? Come on mate even Hazard has been completely shit the past 2 years. Don't see Belgium going far. Agree with Portugal and France ranks. I definitely think England has a better team than Italy and Spain, maybe thats me being biased but I'm not too confident in Spain with the team they have, especially the defence.
France bwinner
Howdah
Donator 01
ESO: bwinner

Post by bwinner »

Well, 2 stars is bad on my ranking @RefluxSemantic Netherland is still higher than the teams that are behind in my opinion. For Belgium, they just have a very good team with some of the best players in the world. Even if that's not Hazard anymore, Lukaku and De Bruyne are still monsters.
I don't see why the Italy team shall be so impressive. I mean I don't find their players especially good.

I admit that the England team shall be 3 stars, but I have lost any trust in them as they literally always end up being very bad in championships. Maybe I am not being very rationnal though. @InsectPoison
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

well, the latest example should prove you wrong, at least to some extent — 4th place at the World Cup is nothing to scoff at, and I'm not taking that “they had an easy ladder” thing
No Flag RefluxSemantic
Gendarme

Post by RefluxSemantic »

bwinner wrote:Well, 2 stars is bad on my ranking @RefluxSemantic Netherland is still higher than the teams that are behind in my opinion. For Belgium, they just have a very good team with some of the best players in the world. Even if that's not Hazard anymore, Lukaku and De Bruyne are still monsters.
I don't see why the Italy team shall be so impressive. I mean I don't find their players especially good.

I admit that the England team shall be 3 stars, but I have lost any trust in them as they literally always end up being very bad in championships. Maybe I am not being very rationnal though. @InsectPoison
I'm not actually that impressed with the Belgian team tbh. And I'm also just pointing out that the same arguments that apply to the UK apply to Belgium. Both have strong squads and both have never performed in a meaningful manner.