UEFA EURO 2020

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.

Who wins it?

Poll ended at 11 Jun 2021, 21:40

Austria
4%
Belgium
12%
Croatia
No votes
Czech Republic
No votes
Denmark
8%
England
8%
Finland
No votes
France
15%
Garja
15%
Germany
15%
Hungary
No votes
Netherlands
4%
North Macedonia
8%
Poland
No votes
Portugal
No votes
Russia
No votes
Scotland
No votes
Slovakia
No votes
Spain
No votes
Sweden
4%
Switzerland
No votes
Turkey
No votes
Ukraine
No votes
Wales
8%

Total votes: 26

Germany blackout
Dragoon

Re: UEFA EURO 2020

Post by blackout »

I think just lukaku in the form that he has been this whole season already makes belgium a serious contender
Vietnam duckzilla
Jaeger

Post by duckzilla »

Germany either wins it or fails in the group stage.
Whatever is written above: this is no financial advice.

Beati pauperes spiritu.
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Post by princeofcarthage »

duckzilla wrote:Germany either wins it or fails in the group stage.
Germany fails in the knockout stage. I was going to let Germany win this time but just to antagonize you, they now lose in knockout stages.
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
No Flag Djigit
Howdah

Post by Djigit »

Germany doesn't do shit. And who the fuck voted Wales? You want me to reset the poll Laurence Drake-style?!
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

I mean, Wales has an amazing and fresh record... Who knows? :ugly:
European Union scarm
Howdah
ESO: Malebranche

Post by scarm »

I want Belgium to win, but imo France or Portugal have the best chances. England is the dark horse i think, they could win but i wouldn't bet on them lol. I personally also bet on Switzerland making semis because they have an "easy" group and why not LUL.

Its funny because i have not much of a clue about football but i often win betting rounds with my friends just based on stats and some random madness. KO-tourney formats do that i guess.
No Flag RefluxSemantic
Gendarme

Post by RefluxSemantic »

These things are essentially random. France could be the favorite yeah, which means they have like 10% chance of winning instead of the 2% chance of winning that NL has.
Great Britain Horsemen
Jaeger

Post by Horsemen »

Djigit wrote:Germany doesn't do shit. And who the fuck voted Wales? You want me to reset the poll Laurence Drake-style?!
who's laurence drake?
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

the English Ławrentij Dragunow
Spain Snuden
Jaeger
ESO: Snuden

Post by Snuden »

Bring it back home to Denmark!
[Sith] - Baphomet
No Flag Djigit
Howdah

Post by Djigit »

Poll Scholes closed
So you guys picked the trio DE FR IT
Greece BrookG
Retired Contributor
ESO: BrookG

Post by BrookG »

oh my fucking G, do you see what's happening with Denmark????
Correlation doesn't mean causation.
http://www.tylervigen.com/spurious-correlations

"mr.brookg go buy jeans and goto the club with somppuli" - Princeofkabul, July 2018
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

Nouri flashbacks :( The response by the medical team looked better this time at the very least. Hopefully Eriksen recovers.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Anyone else who kinda stopped giving a shit about football?
I think I'd like playing it more than watching some goobers make bank off me watching them play.
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: lamergamer
Clan: c0ns

Post by Sargsyan »

eriksen was conscious when he was carried off the pitch, so im hoping for the best. It was truly heartbreaking seeing the players crying, i had all kind of thoughts in my mind and for a moment i was thinking of the worst
krichk wrote:For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge Challenger_Marco
Spain Snuden
Jaeger

Post by Snuden »

He is breathing and can speak.
[Sith] - Baphomet
Great Britain InsectPoison
Lancer

Post by InsectPoison »

Dolan wrote:Anyone else who kinda stopped giving a shit about football?
I think I'd like playing it more than watching some goobers make bank off me watching them play.
I know you like to be a contrarian but this is ridiculous even for your standards
No Flag RefluxSemantic
Gendarme

Post by RefluxSemantic »

Ngl playing football is a lot more fun than watching it. Even if you're shit at it like I am. But games from your country at european or world championships are always something special.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

InsectPoison wrote:
I know you like to be a contrarian but this is ridiculous even for your standards
I don't think I like to be a contrarian, in the sense that I don't form an opinion by first checking what's the most common one and then adopting the opposite. It's possible though that I appear that way, because I tend to think independently and try to carve new ways of thinking.

I kinda stopped caring about football after my dad died, because I used to visit him when he was basically paralysed and I used to put some football match on the tv to cheer him up. But I got fed up with this celebrity culture built around football players. I think they're getting paid way too much for what they do.
I liked football more when I was playing it in school.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

RefluxSemantic wrote:Ngl playing football is a lot more fun than watching it. Even if you're shit at it like I am. But games from your country at european or world championships are always something special.
My country didn't qualify, so I have even less motivation to watch tbh.
Retired Contributor

Dolan wrote:
InsectPoison wrote:
I don't think I like to be a contrarian, in the sense that I don't form an opinion by first checking what's the most common one and then adopting the opposite. It's possible though that I appear that way, because I tend to think independently and try to carve new ways of thinking.

I kinda stopped caring about football after my dad died, because I used to visit him when he was basically paralysed and I used to put some football match on the tv to cheer him up. But I got fed up with this celebrity culture built around football players. I think they're getting paid way too much for what they do.
I liked football more when I was playing it in school.
Its about doing business en masse. 2.5 billion people watched football world cup final. Players got paid few millions. Same reason why actors make so much. The more wide your reach the more you make .
Retired Contributor

I am suspecting a case of myocarditis. Inter Milan has had history of covid and who actually was diagnosed is unknown. I suspect 2 possibilities :

1) He was infected with covid at some point and this is extremely rare long term side effect. Last year also a basketball player collapsed in similar fashion during game.

2) He recieved pfizer/moderna and suffered one of the extremely rare side effect, again myocarditis.
No Flag Djigit
Howdah

Post by Djigit »

I only watch international competitions where my home team takes part in. As for club football, my town club is consistently in the first half of the domestic league, and dogshit when it manages to qualify for European competitions. So I only watch UCL or Europa League when the big clubs play each other in semis and finals.

I also lost interest in football since I stopped actually playing it and because of the Messi/Ronaldo era. These 2 are not to be blamed but rather the obnoxious football fanbase. We live in a world where the average fan only swears by stats and where an absolute legend like Riquelme would be considered an average player...
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: lamergamer
Clan: c0ns

Post by Sargsyan »

yeah international football is different
krichk wrote:For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge Challenger_Marco
Spain Snuden
Jaeger

Post by Snuden »

princeofcarthage wrote:I am suspecting a case of myocarditis. Inter Milan has had history of covid and who actually was diagnosed is unknown. I suspect 2 possibilities :

1) He was infected with covid at some point and this is extremely rare long term side effect. Last year also a basketball player collapsed in similar fashion during game.

2) He recieved pfizer/moderna and suffered one of the extremely rare side effect, again myocarditis.
I suspect you are insane.
It was a heart attack, which happens every day, now it just happened to be on live TV with a huge audience.
[Sith] - Baphomet