UEFA EURO 2020

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.

Who wins it?

Poll ended at 11 Jun 2021, 21:40

Austria
4%
Belgium
12%
Croatia
No votes
Czech Republic
No votes
Denmark
8%
England
8%
Finland
No votes
France
15%
Garja
15%
Germany
15%
Hungary
No votes
Netherlands
4%
North Macedonia
8%
Poland
No votes
Portugal
No votes
Russia
No votes
Scotland
No votes
Slovakia
No votes
Spain
No votes
Sweden
4%
Switzerland
No votes
Turkey
No votes
Ukraine
No votes
Wales
8%

Total votes: 26

Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Re: UEFA EURO 2020

Post by princeofcarthage »

Snuden wrote:
princeofcarthage wrote:I am suspecting a case of myocarditis. Inter Milan has had history of covid and who actually was diagnosed is unknown. I suspect 2 possibilities :

1) He was infected with covid at some point and this is extremely rare long term side effect. Last year also a basketball player collapsed in similar fashion during game.

2) He recieved pfizer/moderna and suffered one of the extremely rare side effect, again myocarditis.
I suspect you are insane.
It was a heart attack, which happens every day, now it just happened to be on live TV with a huge audience.
A severe case of myocarditis leads to heart attack. It also happened last year to a basketball player. This was a sudden heart attack. He was healthy and at peak of his physique. Heart attacks normally have history and if that was the case he would have been unfit to play.
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
No Flag RefluxSemantic
Gendarme

Post by RefluxSemantic »

Heart conditions can happen suddenly too. This stuff happened before, ie with Nouri or Evander Sno and probably many other cases that I don't know of. I know Di tomasso, who didn't die on the pitch but did die in his sleep to a heart attack.
Retired Contributor

Which is what I said.
Great Britain InsectPoison
Lancer

Post by InsectPoison »

Oooft so close from Foden
Great Britain InsectPoison
Lancer

Post by InsectPoison »

All you England haters can suck on my big toe
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

Dolan wrote:Anyone else who kinda stopped giving a shit about football?
I think I'd like playing it more than watching some goobers make bank off me watching them play.
it's getting excessive, yes, too much coverage, just too many matches
also revert back to 16 teams at the Euros

I thought Sterling was waiting for too long, he should have hit it sooner; he got lucky and it went in by a fine margin... either way, get in!
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

pecelot wrote:
I think I'd like playing it more than watching some goobers make bank off me watching them play.

I thought Sterling was waiting for too long, he should have hit it sooner; he got lucky and it went in by a fine margin... either way, get in!
I'd also restrict the number of mercenaries you can hire in a club team. It has become too much of a competition between who can get most oil money invested in their club to buy the most expensive players. This is no longer a reflection of British or French football talent, it's just a bunch of "global" teams of mercenaries paid with oil money to provide some nice circus for the tired masses of workers.
Retired Contributor

Who is she and who is he? Damn the way she looks at him. does your SO look at you that way? If not find someone else.
Attachments
dfdfd.JPG
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

Get your fucking filthy hands off my heads of state you fucking creep.
Retired Contributor

why are you mad, you don't even like your king
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

When you have a comfy life just doing symbolic public stuff, how would you look? Stressed out from the daily office grind?
Retired Contributor

classic dolan making irrelevant statements
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: lamergamer
Clan: c0ns

Post by Sargsyan »

InsectPoison wrote:All you England haters can suck on my big toe
its coming home boys
krichk wrote:For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge Challenger_Marco
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

princeofcarthage wrote:classic dolan making irrelevant statements
Do you realise a lot of couples split or relations get sour because of lots of daily problems with money, managing kids, time etc.
When you're a royal and you spend most of the time doing symbolic PR, then relax on the golf course, do you think you're going to look sour and bored?
Prince Charles has someone employed to put toothpaste on his toothbrush, lol. It's that kind of life. ^^
Retired Contributor

Still irrelevant to my post
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

yeah it was creepy, get a life, son
Retired Contributor

how the fuck is that creepy.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

Dolan wrote:
pecelot wrote:

I'd also restrict the number of mercenaries you can hire in a club team. It has become too much of a competition between who can get most oil money invested in their club to buy the most expensive players. This is no longer a reflection of British or French football talent, it's just a bunch of "global" teams of mercenaries paid with oil money to provide some nice circus for the tired masses of workers.
do you mean something alongside FFP?
I know it might be frustrating, it is for me, too, but do you think there's a way of properly managing it from above?
No Flag RefluxSemantic
Gendarme

Post by RefluxSemantic »

Our team is made up of a bunch of weak ass pussies.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

pecelot wrote:do you mean something alongside FFP?
I know it might be frustrating, it is for me, too, but do you think there's a way of properly managing it from above?
I don't know much about the history of football, but apparently it changed a lot over the years. One Romanian team, Steaua Bucharest, won the Champions Cup (what was Champions League back then) in the 80s, so I looked up the teams composition and there were almost no players from other countries. If I'm not mistaken, back then UEFA had a limit on how many foreign players you can have in your team and this rule probably disappeared, because today you can have your whole team made of mercenaries, like a Global All Stars Dream Team, and call it Barcelona or Paris St Germain. How does that represent Spanish or French football? I think they still have a rule that each club needs to have at least 1 or 2 locally sourced player to play in the competition, the limit is really low. So, football has become just a big business of TV viewership, selling merch, player celebrity cult, global star status, anything but the game. The game is just an alibi to get that train of money-making going, keep it running on the tracks.

Yeah, I think UEFA should go back to imposing a very low limit on how many foreign players you can have in a club team. It should be 2 maximum. Then money would play a much smaller role and national talent would be reflected better in club teams. But they're not gonna do that ever. They got addicted to drawing more and more money from a game that was turned into a business and which only benefits a small clique.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

Dolan wrote:If I'm not mistaken, back then UEFA had a limit on how many foreign players you can have in your team and this rule probably disappeared, because today you can have your whole team made of mercenaries, like a Global All Stars Dream Team, and call it Barcelona or Paris St Germain. How does that represent Spanish or French football.
There are more things that make a football club — the staff (mostly local, apart from perhaps the top echelons of executives and coaches), fans, stadium, history and so on. The whole academy system, too. Although you can import players from abroad, there are restrictions and it's obviously much riskier when done at a young age. It's just that out of those only very few actually make the first team — but this seems natural, given how many children there actually are.
Dolan wrote:So, football has become just a big business of TV viewership, selling merch, player celebrity cult, global star status, anything but the game. The game is just an alibi to get that train of money-making moving, keep it running on the tracks.
With this, though, like I said, it's hard to disagree. I still occasionally enjoy the game as a physical endeavour, the beauty of the sport, but the surroundings become more and more tedious each year. I rarely ever use this term, but clubs' social media activity is sometimes utterly ridiculous.
Austria knusch
Pro Player
EWTDonator 01

Post by knusch »

im glad we all have been blessed to witness austria's first W in an european championship
Austria knusch
Pro Player
EWTDonator 01

Post by knusch »

seems some ppl already scared after our win and try to ban players xD

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/57472809
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03