Other video games?

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
France iNcog
Ninja

Re: Other video games?

Post by iNcog »

RefluxSemantic wrote:
01 Sep 2022, 16:42
iNcog wrote:
01 Sep 2022, 14:26
I can't remember if this is the official other games thread, but I'm really enjoying logistics games like Dyson Sphere Program, Timberborn and Satisfactory. Super fun games.
Avoid cracktorio for the sake of sanity.
I've had my eye on that game, I'll give it a shot when I'm done with those three. Fun genre!
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

Real Racing 3. It's convenient because it is always with me. Too convenient...
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
Rainbow Land callentournies
Howdah
ESO: esuck

Post by callentournies »

They call me callenapexlegends
If I were a petal
And plucked, or moth, plucked
From flowers or pollen froth
To wither on a young child’s
Display. Fetch
Me a ribbon, they, all dead
Things scream.
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

Surely someone else in the world likes Fire Emblem too?
No Flag RefluxSemantic
Gendarme

Post by RefluxSemantic »

Mitoe wrote:
31 Mar 2023, 22:58
I like it a lot. Grew up playing lots of Path of Radiance (I should still have my original copy somewhere, I believe these sell for like 300 dollars). Finished 3 houses last year and Im currently playing engage. The story is quite corny but Im there for the gameplay anyways.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

iRacing. It's the second forever-game I've found, meaning I will likely play it for the rest of my life, along with Go.

League of legends because friends are addicted to it.

Once a year or so a Terraria playthrough.

Challenging co-op RPGs are few and far between but I might play them in a more one-and-done sort of way. E.g. DOS2
Canada Mitoe

Post by Mitoe »

RefluxSemantic wrote:
11 Apr 2023, 10:22
Mitoe wrote:
31 Mar 2023, 22:58
I like it a lot. Grew up playing lots of Path of Radiance (I should still have my original copy somewhere, I believe these sell for like 300 dollars). Finished 3 houses last year and Im currently playing engage. The story is quite corny but Im there for the gameplay anyways.
The story is indeed pretty mediocre, but the gameplay is great.
Goodspeed wrote:
11 Apr 2023, 15:18
Challenging co-op RPGs are few and far between but I might play them in a more one-and-done sort of way. E.g. DoS2
It's a crime how few and far between good co-op games are out there.
Korea South Vinyanyérë
Retired Contributor
Donator 06
ESO: duolckrad, Kuvira
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by Vinyanyérë »

I like DOS2 a lot. At 350 hours it's my most played game on Steam that isn't AoE3 (but it is ahead of AoE3 DE which scrapes by in 10th place). I've only completed two runs I think, once with some friends and once solo, but I've started at least a dozen more. I get the urge to play it again every Autumn; usually I get really into it again, get busy and drop it for a bit, and then come back a year later having no recollection of what I was up to. For these reasons I'm very much looking forward to Baldur's Gate III.
duck
:mds:
imo
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

Mitoe wrote:
11 Apr 2023, 21:08
It's a crime how few and far between good co-op games are out there.
It takes two is pretty great co-op game, not a RPG though. It's more of a game you play with your SO for leisure than a game you can min-max. It's not hard, but I had a good time playing it and goofing around.

Also playing Slay the Spire and Factorio. I think Factorio is my forever-game.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Vinyanyérë wrote:
12 Apr 2023, 00:37
I like DOS2 a lot. At 350 hours it's my most played game on Steam that isn't AoE3 (but it is ahead of AoE3 DE which scrapes by in 10th place). I've only completed two runs I think, once with some friends and once solo, but I've started at least a dozen more. I get the urge to play it again every Autumn; usually I get really into it again, get busy and drop it for a bit, and then come back a year later having no recollection of what I was up to. For these reasons I'm very much looking forward to Baldur's Gate III.
We are too. Maybe we can do a playthrough together (of either game)
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

what is your wheel / pedal set up @Goodspeed ?
Garja wrote:
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Thrustmaster T150. Nothing special but good enough. I want to upgrade to triple screens first, then get a direct drive wheel and load cell pedals at some point.

The 24h endurance races are highlights of the year for me, even though we aren't good enough to finish without crashing multiple times.
United States of America Astro Rabby
Crossbow

Post by Astro Rabby »

Been playing games my whole life just about, I have a big collection both physical and digital. Right now, other than AOE, Ive been playing a ton of Tears of the Kingdom right now. Certainly I'm not the only one tho lol.

I have 2k hours in dota 2 despite barely playing anymore, tbh it was just a gateway drug into RTSs in general, specifically it got me interested in Warcraft 3 since dota 1 was a mod of it. Then I bought the Microsoft RTS pack, which had aoe2 HD and Aoe3 legacy. Funnily enough I didn't like aoe3 when I first tried the campaign, wasnt until DE was announced that I gave it another try....Still havent played the warchiefs or tad campaigns or historical battles tho.
Canada Mitoe

Post by Mitoe »

I really want to like Tears of the Kingdom, but I'm probably 20-30 hours in and it hasn't really captured my interest yet the same way BotW did. Not sure why. Maybe I just don't like the Ultrahand mechanic...

Lately I've been playing old SRPGs like TearRing Saga and Berwick Saga instead.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

Goodspeed wrote:
13 Apr 2023, 16:54
Thrustmaster T150. Nothing special but good enough. I want to upgrade to triple screens first, then get a direct drive wheel and load cell pedals at some point.

The 24h endurance races are highlights of the year for me, even though we aren't good enough to finish without crashing multiple times.
did I never get back to this :o I hate thrustmaster personally though perhaps their sim driving stuff is fine. I still kind of want to try iRacing since I quite enjoy combat flight simulators at the moment. it's a very rewarding genre to play.

pvp digital combat simulator is a ton of fun, especially on servers that focus on older cold war era aircraft.
Garja wrote:
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Yeah I can easily imagine that being quite fun. What do you play with, hardware wise?

As for trying iRacing, you need a wheel. Controller is possible I think but unplayable. The game itself is also expensive if you want to drive the fun stuff like GT3 or fast open wheelers on the fun tracks, which you do. You also would want to start by buying a year subscription because first timers get 50% off. In all it's quite a commitment so you want to be sure you'll like it. Might want to try ACC first which is GT3 only, similar in sim quality (better even, by most accounts) but much cheaper, though also less varied and the multiplayer experience is not close to iRacing level. It does also require a wheel. Pvp racing just sucks in every other game. For single player I'd recommend Dirt Rally 2 which is quite fun with a controller as well, and maybe F1 23 (out june 16, don't get 22 it's trash) if those cars really appeal to you. A lot of people play the F1 games with controller but it's infinitely more fun with a wheel.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Also
Goodspeed wrote:
13 Apr 2023, 16:54
In the Nurburgring 24 we actually came 4th out of 50 in our split* this year and only crashed lightly twice, against all expectations. Last year like 6 times.

Our split was one of the lowest though because we suck.

* iRacing splits participants into different sessions if there are many (there were ~1000 teams participating) which is great because you end up racing against people of your level. It's the only racing game that does this because it has a relatively large player base.
United States of America Astro Rabby
Crossbow

Post by Astro Rabby »

Anyone here play Pikmin? It's technically an RTS. Played the first one and the demo for the fourth, it's great.
Korea South Vinyanyérë
Retired Contributor
Donator 06
ESO: duolckrad, Kuvira
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by Vinyanyérë »

Vinyanyérë wrote:
12 Apr 2023, 00:37
Update: yeah BG3 is pretty good

duck
:mds:
imo
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Still playing BAR, it's a nice RTS for people who have little time and old brains because the learning curve is quite generous and the mechanical skill cap relatively low. I also appreciate how it's immediately interactive, as opposed to traditional RTS where you spend most of your time in your base, executing a build.

Will definitely play BG3, but we haven't started our playthrough yet. Not really in a hurry