Depp vs Heard, anybody watching?

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Re: Depp vs Heard, anybody watching?

Post by Dolan »

gibson wrote: ↑
31 May 2022, 22:50
Dolan wrote: ↑
31 May 2022, 22:12
Depp's team correctly sensed that there's a growing irritation at this #metoo movement because some women like AH are taking advantage of it to just settle some personal score with an ex.
Incel take
Actually that's what Depp's lawyer said, you dweeb:

Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

31 May 2022, 23:27
31 May 2022, 22:50
31 May 2022, 22:12
Depp's team correctly sensed that there's a growing irritation at this #metoo movement because some women like AH are taking advantage of it to just settle some personal score with an ex.
Incel take

Someone needs to work on their reading comprehension, or maybe its genuinely since English isn't your first language that you don't understand the difference.
Australia PatrickLFC
Musketeer

Post by PatrickLFC »

I haven't been following so I can't comment on who is more in the wrong - seems like they both are to a degree at least - but isn't the court case about whether or not she defamed him with the article, not who was more abusive? So therefore they only have to believe one of her accusations of abuse in order to rule that the article wasn't defamatory? Court of public opinion is very different to what is actually on trial
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

31 May 2022, 23:34
31 May 2022, 23:27
Show hidden quotes

Someone needs to work on their reading comprehension, or maybe its genuinely since English isn't your first language that you don't understand the difference.
Seems obvious to me this is about her trying to #metoo Depp, but it backfired, since she didn't have a good case.
What I said about Depp's lawyers sensing that the #metoo movement has lost steam and is becoming a recipe for some women to just seek revenge against some of their exes is just my interpretation of events. You can feel free to disagree with that, I'll allow it
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

31 May 2022, 23:49
Seems obvious to me this is about her trying to #metoo Depp, but it backfired, since she didn't have a good case.
Yes, this seems correct.
What I said about Depp's lawyers sensing that the #metoo movement has lost steam and is becoming a recipe for some women to just seek revenge against some of their exes is just my interpretation of events. You can feel free to disagree with that, I'll allow it
The lawyer was in fact not saying that but saying your first sentence. This is the incel part, because no one but incels in fact believe that. For every movement and in every system there are people who take advantage of it and exposing someone for doing that doesnt make the movement or system any less valid.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

01 Jun 2022, 00:36
Yes, this seems correct.
The lawyer was in fact not saying that but saying your first sentence. This is the incel part, because no one but incels in fact believe that. For every movement and in every system there are people who take advantage of it and exposing someone for doing that doesnt make the movement or system any less valid.
Which is not what I said. Ironically, it seems you're the one having problems with understanding English or reading comprehension. Because I never implied #metoo is less valid because someone took advantage of it.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

01 Jun 2022, 00:56
Yes, this seems correct.
Which is not what I said. Ironically, it seems you're the one having problems with understanding English or reading comprehension. Because I never implied #metoo is less valid because someone took advantage of it.
So, in your opinion when a movement is “becoming a recipe for some women to seek revenge against some of their exes” you would say that’s still a valid movement, because if that is in fact true, and #metoo is simply women seeking revenge against their exes, I would believe it was no longer valid. If you can’t see that implication I’m not sure what more to say.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

01 Jun 2022, 01:06
Show hidden quotes
So, in your opinion when a movement is “becoming a recipe for some women to seek revenge against some of their exes” you would say that’s still a valid movement, because if that is in fact true, and #metoo is simply women seeking revenge against their exes, I would believe it was no longer valid. If you can’t see that implication I’m not sure what more to say.
Yeah because it's some women not all. Obviously there are a lot of valid cases, but this sort of public pressure on justice to make an example of male offenders created a temptation for women that didn't have a clear case of harassment but who wanted to take advantage of this for various reasons.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

PatrickLFC wrote: ↑
31 May 2022, 23:48
I haven't been following so I can't comment on who is more in the wrong - seems like they both are to a degree at least - but isn't the court case about whether or not she defamed him with the article, not who was more abusive? So therefore they only have to believe one of her accusations of abuse in order to rule that the article wasn't defamatory? Court of public opinion is very different to what is actually on trial
This @iNcog.

Not sure it matters though. JD's intent isn't necessarily to win the defamation case, it's to get un-cancelled by subjecting Amber's claims to high levels of scrutiny in a very public setting. He won in the court of public opinion and that's the only one that really matters.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Yes, this seems correct.
You projected your own opinion onto JD's lawyers and/or the public by saying "Depp's team correctly sensed that there's a growing irritation at this #metoo movement" when that wasn't said or implied anywhere.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

Goodspeed wrote: ↑
01 Jun 2022, 08:00
PatrickLFC wrote: ↑
31 May 2022, 23:48
This @iNcog.

Not sure it matters though. JD's intent isn't necessarily to win the defamation case, it's to get un-cancelled by subjecting Amber's claims to high levels of scrutiny in a very public setting. He won in the court of public opinion and that's the only one that really matters.
There is a clip of Heard specifically admitting to writing the op Ed because Depp is a powerful, powerful man.

I also didn't really see anything per se that Depp did that was abuse, but I didn't follow the whole trial.

Agree that he won public opinion already though, turd is just dead in the water now

Also is perjury just not a thing? Because Amber and her witnesses seem to done a fair amount of it
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote: ↑
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Not an expert on defamation law so idrk what kind of burden of proof it involves. Thing is, neither is the jury an expert on defamation law, they're just a bunch of rando plebs, how the fuck are they supposed to know all the precedents and make a proper judgment? It could probably go either way since it will be decided by jury deliberation where the best salesmen end up convincing everyone else of whatever random take on defamation law they pulled out of their asses.

The jury system is so weird.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

what if the precedents were wrong though? It seems interesting to me that we would rely on precedents to make current judgements. Especially when you consider that there are so many mistakes that have been made in the justice system thus far.

As for defamation, well, I think heard lied about 95% of her accusations versus Depp. She also staged and faked pictures. We know she wrote the op-ed specifically versus Depp (she admitted to this in court). Seems that she did a lot to shit on Depp at a time when it would advance her career the most. I think even if Depp did do one or two bad things, it wouldn't invalidate the rest of the shit that Heard pulled. Which, by the way, when you look at how weak Heard's team was in the court room, it seems highly unlikely that Depp did anything wrong at all. I feel like Heard could have really milked the shit out of a genuine event of abuse and they came up with nothing. The extent of Depp being "abusive" is that he had a substance abuse problem. Which isn't domestic violence.
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

01 Jun 2022, 08:30
Not an expert on defamation law so idrk what kind of burden of proof it involves. Thing is, neither is the jury an expert on defamation law, they're just a bunch of rando plebs, how the fuck are they supposed to know all the precedents and make a proper judgment? It could probably go either way since it will be decided by jury deliberation where the best salesmen end up convincing everyone else of whatever random take on defamation law they pulled out of their asses.

The judge explains the law to the jury in a separate meeting and the jury decide who is likely to be right within the legal framework explained to them by the judge.
There are two components to the actual judicial decision: 1) framing the case within the law, 2) deciding based on the evidence presented who is more truthful. The jury does the second part
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

01 Jun 2022, 08:12
Show hidden quotes
You projected your own opinion onto JD's lawyers and/or the public by saying "Depp's team correctly sensed that there's a growing irritation at this #metoo movement" when that wasn't said or implied anywhere.
If what I said wasn't true, then this overwhelming public opinion victory for Depp wouldn't have happened.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

01 Jun 2022, 12:03
01 Jun 2022, 08:30

The judge explains the law to the jury in a separate meeting and the jury decide who is likely to be right within the legal framework explained to them by the judge.
There are two components to the actual judicial decision: 1) framing the case within the law, 2) deciding based on the evidence presented who is more truthful. The jury does the second part
Sure but can we expect randos to fully understand this shit even if it is explained to them? They're not even really incentivized to pay attention afaik.
01 Jun 2022, 12:04
01 Jun 2022, 08:12
Show hidden quotes
If what I said wasn't true, then this overwhelming public opinion victory for Depp wouldn't have happened.
Weird take. There are all kinds of reasons we can think of that would result in an overwhelming public opinion victory for JD without invoking a general sense of irritation at the #metoo movement. Such as:
- He's really popular (checks out)
- He wasn't abusive (seems to check out)
- He has better lawyers (checks out)
- AH is a piece of shit (checks out)

All things considered it would've been very strange if he hadn't won in PO court.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Amber Heard is difficult like that because she has a dykish temperament, so she was looking for 'bad boy' guys like Depp to tame her. That's why she shat on his bed and threw things at him. She was provoking him to manhandle her and make her feel like a purring cat.
But he didn't take the bait, so she took revenge on him by destroying his reputation.
She's desperate to find a guy who can keep her away from being a lesbian.
The depths of human motivation...
No Flag RefluxSemantic
Gendarme

Post by RefluxSemantic »

Dolan, for the sake of everyone involved please dont ever pretend like you understand women again.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Bro, women do this kind of "testing you" all the time. Hello, life is calling you! Did you like never got into a situation like that with a gf?
Amber was testing Depp to provoke him, it's clear as day. But it didn't work, so she got even more upset and spiteful.
I guess all these chicks who got into Depp's orbit were curious what was about Depp being a bad boy, they were hoping to get a piece of that. But Depp is just an introvert with 'black sheep syndrome', that gives off bad boy vibes without actually being a real bad boy.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

I'll never understand Dolan when he says things like this but irregardless

No Flag RefluxSemantic
Gendarme

Post by RefluxSemantic »

01 Jun 2022, 14:28
Bro, women do this kind of "testing you" all the time. Hello, life is calling you! Did you like never got into a situation like that with a gf?
Amber was testing Depp to provoke him, it's clear as day. But it didn't work, so she got even more upset and spiteful.
I guess all these chicks who got into Depp's orbit were curious what was about Depp being a bad boy, they were hoping to get a piece of that. But Depp is just an introvert with 'black sheep syndrome', that gives off bad boy vibes without actually being a real bad boy.
Just stop. It hurts to read this shit.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

RefluxSemantic wrote: ↑
01 Jun 2022, 14:05
Dolan, for the sake of everyone involved please dont ever pretend like you understand women again.
Well, what's your reading of this situation. Is Amber just an 'evil person doing evil things', is that the depth of it. What it looks like is what it is?
Just nasty people doing nasty things? Nah, human motivation runs much deeper than that.

Look at her history. Before hooking up with Depp she was in a lesbian relationship. It didn't work out, because a relation between two bulls locking horns constantly eventually breaks up. There's no complementarity.
Women like her seek this kind of introverts like Depp as a sort of bandaid. She's also been with Elon Musk, another semi-autistic introvert. There's a pattern here.
I noticed that women who have this strong lesbian streak in their personality tend to go for this kind of meek guys.
Probably because they are so temperamentally headstrong, they don't see themselves with some regular blokeish guy who wouldn't put up with their shit.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

One of the psychologist witnesses diagnosed her with borderline personality disorder and histrionic personality disorder. Seems to fit pretty well. Basically BPD means she's a shitty person to be with (checks out) and a lot of her attention-seeking behavior can be explained by HPD.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Well, how do you even diagnose those two without actualling having had AH as a patient. From what I'm seeing listed as symptoms, they look so general that it would be challenging to put a diagnose even if you talked to AH as a patient.
And apparently there isn't even a clear test to establish if someone has any of those disorders, it's all up to the psychologist to examine someone, which probably takes months before settling on a clear diagnose that shows an enduring pattern of behaviour.
The funny thing is that if you read the symptoms for HPD, they pretty much describe every Hollywood big shot. Maybe it's a job requirement
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Post by princeofcarthage »

01 Jun 2022, 15:58
Well, how do you even diagnose those two without actualling having had AH as a patient. From what I'm seeing listed as symptoms, they look so general that it would be challenging to put a diagnose even if you talked to AH as a patient.
And apparently there isn't even a clear test to establish if someone has any of those disorders, it's all up to the psychologist to examine someone, which probably takes months before settling on a clear diagnose that shows an enduring pattern of behaviour.
The funny thing is that if you read the symptoms for HPD, they pretty much describe every Hollywood big shot. Maybe it's a job requirement
From what I read these experts or psychologists have had to have sessions with her.
Fine line to something great is a strange change.