World Cup 2022

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
No Flag lejend
Jaeger

World Cup 2022

Post by lejend »

Cam on ingerland

Argentina EliteRifleman
Dragoon
ESO: EliteRifleman
Clan: SpNz

Re: World Cup 2022

Post by EliteRifleman »

I thought that Qatar was going to steal in their ignagural match, but I think that the money of the sheikhs is no longer useful.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

I wish I could boycott the world cup but it's hard to because I never watched it to begin with.
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

I did. I was without question the biggest ever fan of the WC, FIFA and the sport in general but now I'm boycotting all of it. In fact, I couldn't even tell you which teams are participating or what the rules of the game are. That's how hard I'm boycotting it
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Nice
Attachments
CE44C2C1-C5B2-4267-8A8B-E30E1CBB10F9.jpeg
No Flag lejend
Jaeger

Post by lejend »

Biggest Anglo-Saxon victory against the Persians since 1953
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

Goodspeed wrote:
21 Nov 2022, 13:24
I did. I was without question the biggest ever fan of the WC, FIFA and the sport in general but now I'm boycotting all of it. In fact, I couldn't even tell you which teams are participating or what the rules of the game are. That's how hard I'm boycotting it
For the first time ever, "football" is a term used to describe the sport played by Americans domestically. The ball is shaped like an egg and mostly thrown around with hands, however player feet occasionally make contact with this ball in order to perform what is also known as a "field goal" which is akin to a 3 pointer or some shit like that

fuck fifa. and their sponsors
Garja wrote:
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

Soccer was invented by European ladies to keep them busy while their husbands did the cooking
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
Argentina EliteRifleman
Dragoon
ESO: EliteRifleman
Clan: SpNz

Post by EliteRifleman »

Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

iNcog wrote:
21 Nov 2022, 16:07
Goodspeed wrote:
21 Nov 2022, 13:24
For the first time ever, "football" is a term used to describe the sport played by Americans domestically. The ball is shaped like an egg and mostly thrown around with hands, however player feet occasionally make contact with this ball in order to perform what is also known as a "field goal" which is akin to a 3 pointer or some shit like that

fuck fifa. and their sponsors
That all sounds right
No Flag lejend
Jaeger

Post by lejend »

Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

*sips coffee*
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

It's fun to see that normies do not realise the long-term consequences of The Current Thing that they eagerly support. And they dismiss anyone warning them about future effects as fearmongers, bigots, reactionaries, etc.
Then they hit the wall.

And what was said in the past suddenly starts making sense from a different light.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

lejend wrote:
21 Nov 2022, 21:44

Have you gone full circle and started siding with islam over lgbt?
Garja wrote:
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

Dolan wrote:
22 Nov 2022, 09:44
It's fun to see that normies do not realise the long-term consequences of The Current Thing that they eagerly support. And they dismiss anyone warning them about future effects as fearmongers, bigots, reactionaries, etc.
Then they hit the wall.

And what was said in the past suddenly starts making sense from a different light.
What is your actual point lol? :p
Garja wrote:
No Flag lejend
Jaeger

Post by lejend »

Racists aren't gonna like hearing this but it's true
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

iNcog wrote:
22 Nov 2022, 12:17
Dolan wrote:
22 Nov 2022, 09:44
Then they hit the wall.

What is your actual point lol? :p
Just another piece of evidence of how delusional people pushing multiculturalism and Kumbaya lefty globalism have been, despite being explained for decades what this leads to
Tokelau jesus3
Jaeger

Post by jesus3 »

Quite the snoozers tbh. I expected far edgier takes regarding the Qatar world cup in here. Gobbling up Qatary lip service like that is quite cringe, ngl. But for "oh no, they turn the frogs gay"-folks, I suppose even an oil monarchies' awkward propaganda will do to support some sort of ambiguous social statement.

At the same time, I think we can all agree that those desperate last minute attempts of saving face by football associations and players is also quite unbearable. Pull out of the qualifiers and you actually make a statement. A symbolic fight over a damn captain's armband is embarrassing and way too easy prey. Trying to capitalize on morals is almost a bigger front than the corrupt world cup itself.
Spoiler
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Damn you really spoiled it for me with that one
Tokelau jesus3
Jaeger

Post by jesus3 »

Goodspeed wrote:
22 Nov 2022, 19:03
Damn you really spoiled it for me with that one
yeah life is like that sometimes
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

I haven't kept up with all the details, like what's so scandalous about this event. That Qatar has some strict laws and rules for how the event should unfold, or what? It's a radically different culture after all, so just as you ask tourists to abide by your local laws, so do they.
FIFA being a mafia is nothing new, dunno why people are so shocked only now. Been saying this for years about the football world (for ex: viewtopic.php?p=544969#p544969)
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

Dolan wrote:
22 Nov 2022, 22:10
FIFA being a mafia is nothing new, dunno why people are so shocked only now.
Can you think of any reason people might be paying more attention to FIFA right now than usual?
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

fightinfrenchman wrote:
22 Nov 2022, 22:43
Dolan wrote:
FIFA being a mafia is nothing new, dunno why people are so shocked only now.
Can you think of any reason people might be paying more attention to FIFA right now than usual?
No.
Other than the fact that the world cup event takes place now and there are some people upset about some rules enforced at the event in Qatar.
No Flag lejend
Jaeger

Post by lejend »

Dolan wrote:
I haven't kept up with all the details, like what's so scandalous about this event.
Basically, for the first time ever the world's biggest soccer tournament is being held in a non-European country that's richer and more powerful than most European countries, and it's driving European racists crazy. So now they're 'boycotting' the event and hoping it fails somehow
Austria knusch
Pro Player
EWTDonator 01

Post by knusch »

lejend wrote:
23 Nov 2022, 03:42
Dolan wrote:
I haven't kept up with all the details, like what's so scandalous about this event.
Basically, for the first time ever the world's biggest soccer tournament is being held in a non-European country that's richer and more powerful than most European countries, and it's driving European racists crazy. So now they're 'boycotting' the event and hoping it fails somehow
at least put some effort into baiting ppl.this is just sad xD