This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
No Flag deleted_user
Gendarme
Posts: 9997

24 Jun 2016, 21:48

Le Dragon wrote:
iwillspankyou wrote:
Show hidden quotes

show us your source pls

http://lordashcroftpolls.com/2016/06/ho ... d-and-why/

basically the closest thing we have to an exit poll for this referendum.



how surprising, big business/tobacca/pharma isn't mentioned in any reason that people gave for voting to leave...

instead they said its about democracy/bureaucracy, democracy and immigration...


also only 6% apparantly listed economy as a reason for leaving.

Only just over one in twenty (6%) said their main reason was that “when it comes to trade and the economy, the UK would benefit more from being outside the EU than from being part of it.”
User avatar
United States of America HeatitUP_
Lancer
Posts: 642

24 Jun 2016, 21:52

I think the UK did a great thing that will make everyone's life better.
All of the women on The Apprentice flirted with me - consciously or unconsciously. That's to be expected. - Donald Trump
User avatar
Norway iwillspankyou
Gendarme
iwillspankyouDonator Best
Posts: 6178

24 Jun 2016, 21:54

Dolan wrote:So now basically there are a couple of clivages in the UK:

- between young and old
- between city dwellers and rural inhabitants
- between England/Wales and Scotland/Northern Ireland
- between politically knowledgeable individuals and laymen
- between Londoners and the rest of the UK
- between the frustrated/unemployed/nationalist and the employed/well-adjusted/moderate

Oh yeah.. they're going to be totally fine.

I would expect more from a civil servant wanting to be expert on EU :idea: You disaount me @Dolan
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
User avatar
Norway iwillspankyou
Gendarme
iwillspankyouDonator Best
Posts: 6178

24 Jun 2016, 21:56

@Umeu it wont show if nobody are asking for it! If they do - it will be there for sure!
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
User avatar
Norway iwillspankyou
Gendarme
iwillspankyouDonator Best
Posts: 6178

24 Jun 2016, 21:59

This TBD is only one of the directives the EU has made - against the ppl voice. It could be the worst one - Idc
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
User avatar
Niue Le Dragon
Dragoon
Posts: 316

24 Jun 2016, 22:00

umeu wrote:
Le Dragon wrote:
Show hidden quotes

http://lordashcroftpolls.com/2016/06/ho ... d-and-why/

basically the closest thing we have to an exit poll for this referendum.



how surprising, big business/tobacca/pharma isn't mentioned in any reason that people gave for voting to leave...

instead they said its about democracy/bureaucracy, democracy and immigration...


also only 6% apparantly listed economy as a reason for leaving.

Only just over one in twenty (6%) said their main reason was that “when it comes to trade and the economy, the UK would benefit more from being outside the EU than from being part of it.”

Yep, the whole debate here on the Leave side was dominated by democracy/immigration.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
Posts: 14237
ESO: Jerom_

24 Jun 2016, 22:03

I still don't get the democracy arguments. If you're a hateful person the immigration arguments make a lot of sense, and even if you're moderate it is a good argument. There was a claim that the money spent on the EU would be reinvested in healthcare by Farrage I believe, but on the first day of the result he admitted it was a lie. Don't know if anyone saw that, cant be bothered to find the link.
User avatar
Norway iwillspankyou
Gendarme
iwillspankyouDonator Best
Posts: 6178

24 Jun 2016, 22:10

we can all be smart asses when we dont feel the unemployment, or the wages stagnating when the cost of living take a hike, far from above and from afraid. I guess I am looking on the whole shebang from a above. If i where the one who lost my job, I am not so sure i would be looking at it the same way.
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
No Flag deleted_user
Gendarme
Posts: 9997

24 Jun 2016, 22:12

iwillspankyou wrote:@Umeu it wont show if nobody are asking for it! If they do - it will be there for sure!


You are turning it around a bit, these options are there because they were known before hand that this were important concerns for the people.
im pretty sure if big business was one of their main reasons to leave, it would be asked. Or atleast, there wouldve been a sizeable amount of people campaigning with this or talking about this before, and not just one girl from norway :/
User avatar
Romania Dolan
Jaeger
Posts: 4611
Location: aka Neuron

24 Jun 2016, 22:12

iwillspankyou wrote:
Dolan wrote:So now basically there are a couple of clivages in the UK:

- between young and old
- between city dwellers and rural inhabitants
- between England/Wales and Scotland/Northern Ireland
- between politically knowledgeable individuals and laymen
- between Londoners and the rest of the UK
- between the frustrated/unemployed/nationalist and the employed/well-adjusted/moderate

Oh yeah.. they're going to be totally fine.

I would expect more from a civil servant wanting to be expert on EU :idea: You disaount me @Dolan

I was merely stating some facts, based on the stats posted by other fellow forumers. ¿Don't see what the big fuss is about that? :!:
ok.
No Flag deleted_user
Gendarme
Posts: 9997

24 Jun 2016, 22:14

iwillspankyou wrote:we can all be smart asses when we dont feel the unemployment, or the wages stagnating when the cost of living take a hike, far from above and from afraid. I guess I am looking on the whole shebang from a above. If i where the one who lost my job, I am not so sure i would be looking at it the same way.


I'm practically unemployed, and I've been living off a 600€ wage on average (it fluctuates because I dont have a contract) for the past 3 years (and that's not counting my student years). Yet I'm not blaming foreigners for taking my job.
User avatar
Norway iwillspankyou
Gendarme
iwillspankyouDonator Best
Posts: 6178

24 Jun 2016, 22:21

Here is some numbers for you non belivers: https://www.google.no/url?sa=t&rct=j&q= ... -9CZYm8SfA
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
User avatar
Bosnia & Herzegovina medinos
Lancer
Posts: 740
ESO: AlexBoye,Daddysmurf
Location: GRAND LINE

24 Jun 2016, 22:22

This UK leaving the EU..
Will be a big impact on Turkey joining the EU...
Now Turkey can do some stinky jobs :P
No Flag deleted_user
Gendarme
Posts: 9997

24 Jun 2016, 22:25

iwillspankyou wrote:Here is some numbers for you non belivers: https://www.google.no/url?sa=t&rct=j&q= ... -9CZYm8SfA


nobody is doubting that, i'm just doubting THAT is why people voted to leave the eu, as in, the reason people give themself when looking in the mirror...
User avatar
Norway iwillspankyou
Gendarme
iwillspankyouDonator Best
Posts: 6178

24 Jun 2016, 22:39

@Umeu - its not fair jugdement!

[video]https://youtu.be/WbH465t6tcA[/video]
Yeah :love:
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
Posts: 14237
ESO: Jerom_

24 Jun 2016, 22:40

umeu wrote:
iwillspankyou wrote:we can all be smart asses when we dont feel the unemployment, or the wages stagnating when the cost of living take a hike, far from above and from afraid. I guess I am looking on the whole shebang from a above. If i where the one who lost my job, I am not so sure i would be looking at it the same way.


I'm practically unemployed, and I've been living off a 600€ wage on average (it fluctuates because I dont have a contract) for the past 3 years (and that's not counting my student years). Yet I'm not blaming foreigners for taking my job.

truly a great man. A giant so to say. Seneca can't even suck your saggy teeth or whatever zoi says.
No Flag deleted_user
Gendarme
Posts: 9997

24 Jun 2016, 22:46

Jerom wrote:
umeu wrote:
iwillspankyou wrote:we can all be smart asses when we dont feel the unemployment, or the wages stagnating when the cost of living take a hike, far from above and from afraid. I guess I am looking on the whole shebang from a above. If i where the one who lost my job, I am not so sure i would be looking at it the same way.


I'm practically unemployed, and I've been living off a 600€ wage on average (it fluctuates because I dont have a contract) for the past 3 years (and that's not counting my student years). Yet I'm not blaming foreigners for taking my job.

truly a great man. A giant so to say. Seneca can't even suck your saggy teeth or whatever zoi says.


I think it's teets.
User avatar
Norway iwillspankyou
Gendarme
iwillspankyouDonator Best
Posts: 6178

24 Jun 2016, 22:47

@umeu sad for you - but i maybe not the same for the factory worker that had a job. or he fisherman that has fish to cath.
Hope you get a job soon :flowers: :love:
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
User avatar
United States of America Mvp618
Skirmisher
Posts: 133
ESO: Mvp618

24 Jun 2016, 23:02

iwillspankyou wrote:@umeu sad for you - but i maybe not the same for the factory worker that had a job. or he fisherman that has fish to cath.
Hope you get a job soon :flowers: :love:


It's that shitty Norwegian socialist mindset that would lead to you hiring a handicapped smart ass. This is why capitalism wins; I'm hiring the employee that is the most efficient and has the best characteristics for completing the required task.
No Flag deleted_user
Gendarme
Posts: 9997

24 Jun 2016, 23:09

No actually you are hiring the guy who's daddy had the best Harvard connections.

Don't know why I would even try to explain this to you anyway, you are an average american, you have no idea how capitalism works.
User avatar
Tuvalu gibson
Gendarme
Posts: 9360
Location: USA

24 Jun 2016, 23:20

Haven't read any of this thread and know practically nothing about the whole issue but I know I wouldn't really wanna part of something where unelected bearucrats (the eu) make all the decisions.
No Flag deleted_user
Gendarme
Posts: 9997

24 Jun 2016, 23:22

Any proof it would be better/worse if they were elected?
User avatar
Tuvalu gibson
Gendarme
Posts: 9360
Location: USA

24 Jun 2016, 23:28

umeu wrote:Any proof it would be better/worse if they were elected?
none what so ever, and it's not relevant. I just believe that a governing body over a country (I know that's not what the eu is, but they're doing a governmentesque function by demanding 160 million and week and forcing England to take refugees) should be elected.
User avatar
Norway iwillspankyou
Gendarme
iwillspankyouDonator Best
Posts: 6178

24 Jun 2016, 23:30

umeu wrote:No actually you are hiring the guy who's daddy had the best Harvard connections.

Don't know why I would even try to explain this to you anyway, you are an average american, you have no idea how capitalism works.


[video]https://youtu.be/D4d8PHDG4yE[/video]
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
User avatar
Norway iwillspankyou
Gendarme
iwillspankyouDonator Best
Posts: 6178

24 Jun 2016, 23:34

@umeu you must be the last person not getting that I a Norwegan! lol
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.

Forum Info

Return to “Real-life Discussion”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: gibson and 2 guests