England maybe leave EU june 23.

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Re: England maybe leave EU june 23.

Post by spanky4ever »

Not responding to anything I said, but only this :P so disappointing @lejend but I guess you are speechless ;) Its OK, because if you were to dive down to it, you could maybe change your mind, God and GOP forbid that: lol:
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

lejend wrote: Iran is a threat to the entire free world.
I think I live in a free country, but I don't think we are under any threat here. And I don't think countries like Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Portugal are under any threat from Iran right now.
So, not sure how you got to that conclusion.

The UK got into that incident with that ship precisely because they sent one there.
No Flag lejend
Jaeger

Post by lejend »

Dolan wrote:
lejend wrote: Iran is a threat to the entire free world.
I think I live in a free country, but I don't think we are under any threat here. And I don't think countries like Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Portugal are under any threat from Iran right now.
So, not sure how you got to that conclusion.

A Russian invasion of Romania wouldn't pose a direct threat to Canada, but they'd still intervene along with the rest of NATO. It's not every country for itself, it's bloc against bloc.

The free world needs to form a united front against the bloc made up of Russia, Syria, Iran, Venezuela and all the other tinpot dictators and terrorist groups they prop up. If this bloc takes over the Middle East, it's obviously not good for Europe long-term, or anyone that prefers liberal democracy and human rights over corrupt autocratic rule.

The UK got into that incident with that ship precisely because they sent one there.

Just as if women didn't go outside they probably wouldn't get raped as much. It's international waters and British ships can do whatever they want there. They don't need Iranian permission.

Meanwhile:

ABC News confirms emergency meetings at the highest level are now convening in the United Kingdom after a British tanker was seized by the Iranian Revolutionary Guard Corps in the Persian Gulf.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Well Europe didn't really have it that bad when Saddam Hussein ruled Iraq and Gaddafi ruled Lybia. It's actually after Iraq got invaded and Gaddafi removed from power when things started going downhill. Syria just opened the floodgates over Europe and then this created a pull effect for mass migration from the whole South Asia, Africa and the Middle East. While Gaddafi was in power, Lybia was stabilised and could control its borders. Once he was gone, migration waves started flowing into Europe.

So I'd be very careful with these plans to topple regimes from other countries. It turns out often you get a much worse outcome than you had before you "fixed" it.

I agree that NATO should continue to form a bloc of countries that defend themselves against incoming threats, but NATO's role is not to create crises, by sending ships in the Persian Gulf that provoke Iranians. That would be like Romania single-handedly creating a crisis in Transnistria and then asking for solidarity from NATO when shit hits the fan. When were we asked if we agree with Canada and UK sending ships there? We already know that Iranians actually want to provoke an overreaction from Americans or their allies, so why play into their scheme?

What is actually the problem with Iran? Why does this "problem" even need to be solved? North Korea also built their own nuclear missiles and there wasn't such a concerted effort to restrain them, as with Iran. But somehow, since Trump came to power, suddenly Iran became the number one threat to world peace. It seems like an artifically created crisis.
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Post by princeofcarthage »

There was pretty much a concerted effort to stop NK from getting nuclear weapons, but when you have the support of the second largest economy, with largest population and with enough firepower to thwart american attack there is little the world can do. Also don't forget Russia.
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

China doesn't want the Korean problem to be solved by a reunification on the peninsula. They'd rather keep things the way they are right now, because a reunification is likely to make the new Korean state a client of the USA defence system, which might put missiles close to their borders. So they'd prefer to keep the current layout on the peninsula and make sure North Korea acts like a buffer zone between South Korea and themselves.

On the other hand, China would also want to avoid a war between the USA+allies against North Korea, which would send waves of millions of refugees across their border and destabilise both regional security and leave them paying a huge bill, without gaining anything from a strategic point of view. So, of course, they'd rather make sure things stay calm on both sides and not much changes. Also, there's a big difference between the NK crisis and the Iran crisis. The NK leader agreed to hold talks and negotiate, while Iran refused to meet Trump.
Retired Contributor

Thanks for completely unrelated information. Now please read again.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

No, it's not unrelated. I explained all the context information that explains why China is directly interested in calming things down in NK. And it worked, because Kim stopped threatening the USA with nuclear attacks. So the NK crisis was kinda put on ice, thanks to China's smart and subtle diplomacy.

In the case of Iran, probably Russia is trying to play a similar role. Russia actually doesn't want an Iran crisis, because if Iran gets attacked, they kinda get dragged in it against their will. Iran actually knows that both Russia and Europe are trying to avoid a situation in which Iran gets attacked, so they are using all sorts of blackmail tactics to provoke an overreaction from the USA and so drag all the major powers into a conflict among each other.

Now go read again what I wrote and you'll see that it makes sense. Iran is a completely artificial crisis. And the reason why it was created is because Trump wants to force a solution in the geopolitical clusterfuck that the Middle East is which will be favourable to Israel. And he knows that as long as the current regime rules in Iran, the Israeli-Palestinian deadlock won't be solved either. So he wants to force a solution that will basically put Palestinians on their knees and their supporters (Iran) on a leash. Everything for Israel.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

I mean, if I reply to your simple argument, then Iran is defended by Russia, the biggest nuclear power in the world so there is little the world can do...
Retired Contributor

Yeah again unrelated. Now go read again till you understand why. Well I will save you time and answer. My reply was simply disproving your claim that no concerted effort to stop NK from getting nuclear weapons was made. Rather than just saying "No you are wrong" I explained the reasoning/logic behind my reply as to why the efforts of the world to stop NK from getting nuclear weapons failed. While what you say may or may not make sense is another discussion but still unrelated to my reply.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Iran never threatened the USA with nuclear attacks, like North Korea did. So, while it made sense for the USA to get involved directly in removing the nuclear NK threat against their country, Iran is in no position whatsoever to threaten the USA. So why the concerted effort to restrain Iran?

The reason is, as I argued, Trumps eagerness to force a solution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict that will be completely favourable to Israel and will put Palestinians on their knees begging to be allowed to continue to live there and that will put Iran on an international leash. That's Trump's dream.

And yeah, there wasn't much of a "concerted effort" to restrain NK, it was only the USA and China who got involved, because they were directly and critically interested in solving the threat. Nobody else (maybe Russia also tried to play a role there, but it was China that eventually solved the crisis). While in Iran's case, there's a whole tangle of geostrategic interests that underlie the current clusterfuck in the Middle East area.
Great Britain Horsemen
Jaeger

Post by Horsemen »

I will nuclear attack ESOC
Great Britain Horsemen
Jaeger

Post by Horsemen »

Now Sadiq Khan wants rent controls in London:

https://www.ft.com/content/8cc67146-aa0 ... df3174eb89

London’s mayor has set out proposals to cap rents on both new and existing tenancies as he seeks additional powers to enable rent controls in the UK capital.

Sadiq Khan said on Friday he would seek to establish a London Private Rent Commission, with tenants on its board. This would use a new register of landlords and rents to “set out how existing rents should be gradually reduced and their subsequent levels limited within and between tenancies”.

It is literally impossible to find a single historical example of when rent controls have worked.

Sadiq Khan is either:
i) Blissfully unaware of the economic facts
ii) A cynical career politician who only cares about winning votes

Frankly, I don't know which is worse.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

@Horsemen 1 is worse, 2 is a good thing.
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
Great Britain Horsemen
Jaeger

Post by Horsemen »

fightinfrenchman wrote:@Horsemen 1 is worse, 2 is a good thing.

(ii) means that Sadiq Khan is willing to introduce harmful policies, like rent controls, to win votes. The irony is that rent controls have always disproportionately harmed the most vulnerable tenants. Sadiq Khan will harm the people he is trying to save, and then they will probably still vote for him anyway.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

True, but it's still generally good to pander to people. Winning votes is the most important thing
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

Think I have seen this movie before, It led to a disaster, and there where nobody winning
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Post by Riotcoke »

Sadiq Khan is an idiot and shouldn't be mayor of London. Livingstone and Johnston were leaps and bounds better than him.

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Sadiq is an idiot and a cuck, but it's true that real estate/renting is one of the biggest scams on this planet. And this will have to be solved one day. There's a class of people who live on renting spaces and nothing else. They just inherited some real estate and just live a comfortable life by making others pay to live in the space they own.

That's fine and all, it's just market dynamics, but when they speculate people's dependence on living spaces, by raising prices as they see fit, then it gets ugly. Because ever-increasing rents eat into people's income and eventually increase staff costs for companies too. So there's a negative chain reaction in the economy from this real estate speculation. No wonder it has caused so many bubbles until now, it's one of the most explosive components of capitalism, alongside other types of speculation (derivatives, credit default swaps and so on).
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

It's very normal to call people cucks. It doesn't reveal any information about the weird things you secretly jerk off to at all, so it's good to say publicly
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Do you feel targeted by that word?
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Yes, I'm very triggered. I hope you can celebrate the fact that you triggered me. Honestly right now I feel like you just shot at me with a Superdreadnaught Rail Cannon Juggernaut Liebe. #snowflake #goodposts #esoc
Great Britain Horsemen
Jaeger

Post by Horsemen »

fightinfrenchman wrote:Yes, I'm very triggered. I hope you can celebrate the fact that you triggered me. Honestly right now I feel like you just shot at me with a Superdreadnaught Rail Cannon Juggernaut Liebe. #snowflake #goodposts #esoc

with sand in your teeth
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Now you're getting it
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Horsemen wrote:
fightinfrenchman wrote:Yes, I'm very triggered. I hope you can celebrate the fact that you triggered me. Honestly right now I feel like you just shot at me with a Superdreadnaught Rail Cannon Juggernaut Liebe. #snowflake #goodposts #esoc

with sand in your teeth

In Toon World