England maybe leave EU june 23.

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
Great Britain Horsemen
Jaeger

Re: England maybe leave EU june 23.

Post by Horsemen »

You’re right, the greatest politician that ever lived is in fact Margaret Thatcher
United States of America Amsel_
Howdah
ESO: The_Amsel

Post by Amsel_ »

Dolan wrote:
Amsel_ wrote:post-nationalist pseudo-communism
What does this meme?
It means that you will eat the bugs.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Amsel_ wrote:It means that you will eat the bugs.
We don't have no bugs here. We keep it kleen, lean and mean.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Lol @ USA Disneyland politics.
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Post by Riotcoke »

Just LOL @ Americans

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
United States of America occamslightsaber
Retired Contributor
ESO: L1BERTYPR1ME

Post by occamslightsaber »

Dolan wrote:Lol @ USA Disneyland politics.
At least Bosco wasn’t corrupt like many public officials in Romania.
The scientific term for China creating free units is Mitoe-sis.

I intend all my puns.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

duckzilla wrote:
Mr_Bramboy wrote:Churchill was a great leader. He defeated Hitler and his influence on India secured prosperity for years to come. Churchill is the father of 20th century Britain and without him, who knows what might've happened? He also saved the monarchy both during the abdication of Edward VIII and the death of George VI. A staunch conservative traditionalist who without a doubt is an example of what the European man should strive to be.
Churchill was:
  • militarily anti-working class and deployed troops against miners
  • highly anti-semitic, Churchill blamed Jews for "this world-wide conspiracy for the overthrow of civilisation and for the reconstitution of society on the basis of arrested development, of envious malevolence, and impossible equality"
  • supported the rise of fascism (he liked their anti-worker and anti-semitic touch...)
  • one of the key persecutors of Irish people during their revolution for national independence
  • a classic imperialist
  • suppressed India by exploiting divide and conquer policies ruthlessly
  • was uniquely responsible for the Bengal Famine in 1943, when four million people died needlessly as Britain exported the regions food produce
  • steeped in theories of the racial superiority of white people and was full of contempt for imperial subjects he considered racial inferiors: "I hate Indians. They are a beastly people with a beastly religion."
Winston Churchill is the Donald Trump of the British Empire. He did not indicate its "finest hour", but he was a catalyst for the speed and depth of its decline by working tirelessly to undermine its diplomatic status in its own colonies.

I thoroughly despise this political figure and pretty much everything that he stands for. He is the incarnation of immorality, chauvinism and racist imperialism.
So he was a staunch conservative traditionalist
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

He best go hide in his tube
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor

Post by Riotcoke »

Funny that a German complains about one of the greatest leaders of the last century. Two world wars and one world cup mate @duckzilla

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Nobody says "mate" irl
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor

Post by Riotcoke »

fightinfrenchman wrote:Nobody says "mate" irl
Yes they do, you're just a philistine

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Riotcoke wrote:
Nobody says philistine
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor

Post by Riotcoke »

fightinfrenchman wrote:
Riotcoke wrote:
Nobody says philistine

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Why is there a doritos logo
Czech Republic Googol
Retired Contributor
ESO: Butifle

Post by Googol »

Great Britain Horsemen
Jaeger

Post by Horsemen »

Googol wrote:Image
wrong

the brit should also be brown
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

occamslightsaber wrote:
At least we're doing something about it. Show me the high-level, federal politicians sent to prison for corruption. Ah wait, they're from another species, they don't stoop to such practices. During Obama's presidency, there were like 13 convictions only ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_A ... residency) ). During Trump's, about 3. Those people on a high level are simply cut from another cloth, aren't they? They just aren't as corrupt as state-level politicians. :smile:
Nah, they're simply above the law or don't get caught.

Meanwhile, in Romania, we sent one former prime minister and the "speaker of the house", in US-equivalent terms, to prison. And lots of ministers, aka state secretaries.
Did any of yours EVER go on trial for corruption? Do you think they never in their entire lives committed an act of corruption? Dick Cheney, for example? If they did, how come none of them was ever prosecuted? Or did any prison term?

So before lecturing us, why don't you get your house in order, because we're sick and tired of being lectured by much more corrupt or equally corrupt countries, that hide their corruption behind a veneer of respectability (ie, perceptions).

Inb4, let me quote this "perception-based" poll which says your country is more corrupt, yeah no thanks, perceptions are subjective. Show me statistics on legal proceedings, reported cases, solved cases, stuff like that.

Weird, isn't it? No member of the US cabinet was convicted of any corruption charges during the last two administrations. (Only gen Petreus in 2015, but he wasn't a member of the cabinet back then.)
United States of America occamslightsaber
Retired Contributor
ESO: L1BERTYPR1ME

Post by occamslightsaber »

Dolan wrote:
occamslightsaber wrote:
At least we're doing something about it. Show me the high-level, federal politicians sent to prison for corruption. Ah wait, they're from another species, they don't stoop to such practices. During Obama's presidency, there were like 13 convictions only ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_A ... residency) ). During Trump's, about 3. Those people on a high level are simply cut from another cloth, aren't they? They just aren't as corrupt as state-level politicians. :smile:
Nah, they're simply above the law or don't get caught.

Meanwhile, in Romania, we sent one former prime minister and the "speaker of the house", in US-equivalent terms, to prison. And lots of ministers, aka state secretaries.
Did any of yours EVER go on trial for corruption? Do you think they never in their entire lives committed an act of corruption? Dick Cheney, for example? If they did, how come none of them was ever prosecuted? Or did any prison term?

So before lecturing us, why don't you get your house in order, because we're sick and tired of being lectured by much more corrupt or equally corrupt countries, that hide their corruption behind a veneer of respectability (ie, perceptions).

Inb4, let me quote this "perception-based" poll which says your country is more corrupt, yeah no thanks, perceptions are subjective. Show me statistics on legal proceedings, reported cases, solved cases, stuff like that.

Weird, isn't it? No member of the US cabinet was convicted of any corruption charges during the last two administrations. (Only gen Petreus in 2015, but he wasn't a member of the cabinet back then.)
Lol you got defensive really fast. Which part of my 11 words-long sentence made you think I was lecturing Romania about corruption? Or did I hit a sore spot?

Lucky for you, I have better things to do than care about who’s accepting bribes in European backwater. But the EU and foreign investors who actually give a shit (about making money, not respectability) are pretty conclusive about the lack of progress in fighting corruption in your country. Also, if we measured corruption by how many high-level officials were arrested or convicted like you seem to suggest, China would be the least corrupt country in the world since a bunch of people (who just happened to be Xi Jinping’s enemies) got axed for corruption there. Could it be that the US has fewer “ministers” arrested because our civil servants are less corrupt, at least in the eyes of the law?

Perhaps you should send your dossier on Dick Cheney to the FBI. You seem pretty convinced about his corruption based on your past comments. Or perhaps you should take your own advice and get your own house in order first.
The scientific term for China creating free units is Mitoe-sis.

I intend all my puns.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Saying that multiple high ranking officials have been arrested for corruption as an argument that your country is less corrupt is certainly an interesting argument.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

To be fair it's better than just letting them be president
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

@occamslightsaber Cope harder, burger.
Great Britain Horsemen
Jaeger

Post by Horsemen »

Peppa Pig is a symbol of British imperial domination of the colonies.
Great Britain Horsemen
Jaeger

Post by Horsemen »

Conservatives now have a 19 point lead, Tory landslide confirmed!!
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

hmm, I guess you have not heard about the "secret" 400-page document, where the USA threatens to leave the negotiations if they do not get their way? Talking about food protections and the NHS, and prolly tons of other issues that the UK consumer would not like, at all.
It seems to me that a hard Brexit, or no deal, will leave the UK at the foot of the USA, begging for mercy. It seems to me, I might have changed my mind about whether the UK should leave? - at least do not leave without a deal with the UK.
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.