England maybe leave EU june 23.

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Re: England maybe leave EU june 23.

Post by fightinfrenchman »

princeofcarthage wrote:
fightinfrenchman wrote:
Show hidden quotes
Just that it's funny for you to reflexively support the British royal family
Why am I always misunderstood. I don't particularly support the royal family. I am just surprised or angry at how naive people can be. If you want to ruin someone all it takes in today's world is to go on TV and throw accusations. If you are a woman it automatically becomes true.
Who was "ruined" exactly?
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

princeofcarthage wrote:
Goodspeed wrote:I have to doubt Meghan Markle was ever really planning to stick around in the royal family. Everyone knows they're fucked up, and she doesn't need the money, so she would have to be very stupid to actually want to be a royal. Maybe she and Harry were planning from the start to get out, and at that point why not milk it for publicity?

More power to them. The monarchy needs to gtfo
I don't know why you are so angry at the monarchy. It's not like monarchy has any significant power if any at all. Most of all it is symbolic.
Idk why you love the monarchy so much. The fact that it's mostly symbolic is one of the reasons it should gtfo. It's not worth the money.

It's basically like having a bunch of insanely expensive, underqualified diplomats
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Post by princeofcarthage »

fightinfrenchman wrote:
princeofcarthage wrote:
Show hidden quotes
Why am I always misunderstood. I don't particularly support the royal family. I am just surprised or angry at how naive people can be. If you want to ruin someone all it takes in today's world is to go on TV and throw accusations. If you are a woman it automatically becomes true.
I am just giving an example. Many actors have been thrown out of films, over some 20 year old accusations without any proof only to find ultimately they were innocent. There was this case of a guy in India where a girl accused him of catcalling on road or something. Ultimately supreme court found him innocent. But during those 4 years he lost his high paying job, had to struggle to meet ends, all the while that girl married some rich guy and ks enjoying life in Dubai without having to work. I just don't think companies, and/or media should be the arbitrator of justice.
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

princeofcarthage wrote:
fightinfrenchman wrote:
Show hidden quotes
I am just giving an example. Many actors have been thrown out of films, over some 20 year old accusations without any proof only to find ultimately they were innocent. There was this case of a guy in India where a girl accused him of catcalling on road or something. Ultimately supreme court found him innocent. But during those 4 years he lost his high paying job, had to struggle to meet ends, all the while that girl married some rich guy and ks enjoying life in Dubai without having to work. I just don't think companies, and/or media should be the arbitrator of justice.
You weren't giving an example? You implied that someone was "ruined" by what Markle said on TV. Who was ruined by that?
Retired Contributor

Goodspeed wrote:
princeofcarthage wrote:
Goodspeed wrote:I have to doubt Meghan Markle was ever really planning to stick around in the royal family. Everyone knows they're fucked up, and she doesn't need the money, so she would have to be very stupid to actually want to be a royal. Maybe she and Harry were planning from the start to get out, and at that point why not milk it for publicity?

I don't know why you are so angry at the monarchy. It's not like monarchy has any significant power if any at all. Most of all it is symbolic.
Idk why you love the monarchy so much. The fact that it's mostly symbolic is one of the reasons it should gtfo. It's not worth the money.

It's basically like having a bunch of insanely expensive, underqualified diplomats
Again misunderstood. I don't love monarchy. Secondly what does abolishing monarchy exactly mean. Thirdly having monarchy helps british treasury as 75% of the money goes to public funds while only 25% go to royal family. If you were to abolish and make them completely private, 100% would go to royal family or in this case just the family.
Retired Contributor

fightinfrenchman wrote:
princeofcarthage wrote:
Show hidden quotes
You weren't giving an example? You implied that someone was "ruined" by what Markle said on TV. Who was ruined by that?
It's an example cuz Markle isn't the first woman to do so. Many have went on TV in past to drop bombshell accusations on actors and other influential people in the past.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

princeofcarthage wrote:
fightinfrenchman wrote:
Show hidden quotes
It's an example cuz Markle isn't the first woman to do so. Many have went on TV in past to drop bombshell accusations on actors and other influential people in the past.
It's an example of what?
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

Keep Willem's name out of your whore mouth.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

princeofcarthage wrote:
Goodspeed wrote:
Show hidden quotes
Again misunderstood. I don't love monarchy.
It's a reference to your suggestion that I'm somehow "angry" at the monarchy. Also you clearly love it ngl
Secondly what does abolishing monarchy exactly mean.
Remove them from the constitution and stop paying them for existing.
Thirdly having monarchy helps british treasury as 75% of the money goes to public funds while only 25% go to royal family. If you were to abolish and make them completely private, 100% would go to royal family or in this case just the family.
Explain the scenario you are imagining where abolishing the monarchy somehow makes them cost more money?
Retired Contributor

fightinfrenchman wrote:
princeofcarthage wrote:
Show hidden quotes
It's an example of what?
Of why anyone shouldn't trust what's said on tv interviews without due process. Of how it can be used to exact revenge or ruin someone. Of course queen/monarchy is too powerful to be ruined but it is still a headache and work to do for queen which otherwise wouldn't be. Why is no one asking Meghan for any proof of the accusations?
Great Britain chris1089
Retired Contributor
ESO: chris1089

Post by chris1089 »

Goodspeed wrote:
chris1089 wrote:
Show hidden quotes
Lol. If she's not a liar she's pretty thick if she goes into the royal family not expecting to have to live as a royal.
Which includes having white babies? Or what do you mean exactly?
Lol no. I mean stuff like etiquette towards the queen, having to live in public spotlight but not talk about everything. Do royal stuff.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

chris1089 wrote:
Goodspeed wrote:
Show hidden quotes
Which includes having white babies? Or what do you mean exactly?
Lol no. I mean stuff like etiquette towards the queen, having to live in public spotlight but not talk about everything. Do royal stuff.
You were responding to ear who made a comment about royal racism, specifically. That made it sound like you think you're expected to be racist when joining the royal family. (Probably true in a way tbh).
Great Britain chris1089
Retired Contributor
ESO: chris1089

Post by chris1089 »

Goodspeed wrote:
chris1089 wrote:
Show hidden quotes
You were responding to ear who made a comment about royal racism, specifically. That made it sound like you think you're expected to be racist when joining the royal family. (Probably true in a way tbh).
Well maybe I didn't communicate clearly but that wasn't my intention.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Why would people be shocked that a royal house is concerned about lineage, lol. That's always been a thing for royal houses.
Whether it's race, wealth, occupation, social status, reputation, any reason that breaks with their customs could make a royal house not want to welcome someone in their ranks.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Because in 2021, the color of the kid's skin shouldn't matter to your "lineage"
European Union scarm
Howdah
ESO: Malebranche

Post by scarm »

Dolan wrote:Why would people be shocked that a royal house is concerned about lineage, lol. That's always been a thing for royal houses.
Whether it's race, wealth, occupation, social status, reputation, any reason that breaks with their customs could make a royal house not want to welcome someone in their ranks.
I'd guess because people tend to think of royalty as some nice sort of attraction or friendly celebrities instead of realizing what and who they are.

This is probably one of my most simplistic and stupid opinions ever, but in my mind the other european countries should have followed the french example and deposed these fuckers in the early 19th century.
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

Goodspeed wrote:Because in 2021, the color of the kid's skin shouldn't matter to your "lineage"
What about whether or not the fiancés father allegedly (probably) had an active role in the Argentinian junta?
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Goodspeed wrote:Because the color of the kid's skin shouldn't matter to your "lineage"
Just as parents tend to have a preference for kids to resemble them, because it's an evolutionary motivation to see your genes get passed on, so can royal houses or other types of selective clans have a similar motivation to see their kind perpetuated. A royal house is not a democratic globalised redditors conference, it's a family heritage thing.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

scarm wrote:I'd guess because people tend to think of royalty as some nice sort of attraction or friendly celebrities instead of realizing what and who they are.
This is probably one of my most simplistic and stupid opinions ever, but in my mind the other european countries should have followed the french example and sent these fuckers to the chopping block in the early 19th century.
Yeah, I'm no fan of monarchy, I think it doesn't really play any significant practical role, but some people have this kind of attachment to some totemic national family.
European Union scarm
Howdah
ESO: Malebranche

Post by scarm »

I mean if i am setting my emotional biases aside i can even see positive sides for some monarchs. The belgian one for example is probably actually a good stabilizing factor for the country. It just straight up upsets me when for example some Hohenzollern bitch about some of their property having been taken away because they collaborated with the Nazis, despite still being piss rich off of money that their ancestors earned by extorting their subjects.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Dolan wrote:
Goodspeed wrote:Because the color of the kid's skin shouldn't matter to your "lineage"
Just as parents tend to have a preference for kids to resemble them, because it's an evolutionary motivation to see your genes get passed on, so can royal houses or other types of selective clans have a similar motivation to see their kind perpetuated. A royal house is not a democratic globalised redditors conference, it's a family heritage thing.
Having a preference is one thing. This is a highly public and political family and things they say matter. They should know it too, being raised as public figures. Asking those kinds of questions out loud is at the very least dumb.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

scarm wrote:I mean if i am setting my emotional biases aside i can even see positive sides for some monarchs. The belgian one for example is probably actually a good stabilizing factor for the country. It just straight up upsets me when for example some Hohenzollern bitch about some of their property having been taken away because they collaborated with the Nazis, despite still being piss rich off of money that their ancestors earned by extorting their subjects.
Yeah, Belgium is so pillarised that without a king, the country would have been gone by now, split between NL and FR.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Goodspeed wrote:Having a preference is one thing. This is a highly public and political family and things they say matter. They should know it too, being raised as public figures. Asking those kinds of questions out loud is at the very least dumb.
What is public and political is their involvement in the country's public affairs, like what kind of PM they appoint. Though in the UK this is mostly symbolic and formal, or at least the monarch's role is very constrained. The queen could theoretically pull some radical moves and ignore parliament, but risk being uninstalled from the throne. She tends to play it safe and stay out of politics.

So idk why would it be anyone's business their own internal family politics, how they pick their heirs, who they marry etc. It'd be weird to see the public have a say in that. As long as they don't come out publicly saying they will never pick someone fat as their heir, it's their business what they think is important in a family member that joins their clan through alliance/marriage.

The media just like to play this "offence culture" game, launching controversial themes as bait for NPCs and normies to get alarmed and agitated over, turning public affairs into a reality show.

"Oh no, they treated her like that because she's a woman"
"Omfg, I'm sure they didn't accept her in the family because she's biracial"

Disgusting offence culture that is a reflection of Western decadence tbh.
Retired Contributor

Let's also not forget that Meghan isn't exactly snow white. So why was their no racism during her marriage.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Yeah, she's controversial to say the least. And she has this cunning look in her eyes, I think she's a worse version of Diana Spencer, someone who wants to use the media attention that she only got through her connection with the royals and milk this status for money and fame. I never heard of her before she got hitched with a royal.