England maybe leave EU june 23.

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
European Union scarm
Howdah
ESO: Malebranche

Re: England maybe leave EU june 23.

Post by scarm »

It is the year 2060. After a former indian food-mogul called "the beef" became president of India in 2044 by promising his people free pokemon cards, India started a nuclear war with the European Union and the US, leaving the world in shambles. After that, the world ushered in a new era. The Beef is governing the world as dictator, steering everyones everyday life with an iron fist from within his Tower of Victory, built from the matches he took off Hazza, Kynesie, Knuschelbär and others. Everything started on a small insignificant website, known as ESOC, where nerds discussed something called the "Demi-Eff-Eff". here, TRG radicalised and found the first supporters for his cause, for example the apostle harcha, who warned of the impeding doom that trg predicted. Now, we are forced to pray to TRG three times a day with the words "he was right all along, praise be the model", and get rations of offbrand indian "italian" pizza that tastes nothing like pizza. Send help, the future is hopeless.
Great Britain InsectPoison
Lancer

Post by InsectPoison »

Can't believe people are still having arguments over Brexit. Remoaners can't get over the fact they lost a referendum over 5 years ago.
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Post by princeofcarthage »

scarm wrote:It is the year 2060. After a former indian food-mogul called "the beef" became president of India in 2044 by promising his people free pokemon cards, India started a nuclear war with the European Union and the US, leaving the world in shambles. After that, the world ushered in a new era. The Beef is governing the world as dictator, steering everyones everyday life with an iron fist from within his Tower of Victory, built from the matches he took off Hazza, Kynesie, Knuschelbär and others. Everything started on a small insignificant website, known as ESOC, where nerds discussed something called the "Demi-Eff-Eff". here, TRG radicalised and found the first supporters for his cause, for example the apostle harcha, who warned of the impeding doom that trg predicted. Now, we are forced to pray to TRG three times a day with the words "he was right all along, praise be the model", and get rations of offbrand indian "italian" pizza that tastes nothing like pizza. Send help, the future is hopeless.
IMO after India declares nuclear war, humanity ceases to exist since we make planet uninhabitable. Only survivors are who built underground bunkers and people in Moscow metro. But without food supply they will die in ~5 years. Of course this has all been in your dystopian dream aka nightmare. Reality would be far more beautiful if I ever ruled the world.
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
Retired Contributor

InsectPoison wrote:Can't believe people are still having arguments over Brexit. Remoaners can't get over the fact they lost a referendum over 5 years ago.
You are wrong. I can't get over the fact that Britishers actually voted in favor of it. I thought US had the patent on all things stupid but I guess like son like dad.
Lancer

Post by InsectPoison »

princeofcarthage wrote:
InsectPoison wrote:Can't believe people are still having arguments over Brexit. Remoaners can't get over the fact they lost a referendum over 5 years ago.
You are wrong. I can't get over the fact that Britishers actually voted in favor of it. I thought US had the patent on all things stupid but I guess like son like dad.
So you're saying that im wrong and that the leave campaign didn't win the referendum? God you're thicker than I thought
Retired Contributor

InsectPoison wrote:
princeofcarthage wrote:
So you're saying that im wrong and that the leave campaign didn't win the referendum? God you're thicker than I thought
No. Are you sure English is your first language? You are not some lost soul in Somaliland, right?
Lancer

Post by InsectPoison »

princeofcarthage wrote:
InsectPoison wrote:
Show hidden quotes
No. Are you sure English is your first language? You are not some lost soul in Somaliland, right?
"Can't believe people are still having arguments over Brexit. Remoaners can't get over the fact they lost a referendum over 5 years ago."
"You are wrong..."

Which one is it ? Are you saying remain didn't win? Want me to give you some comprehension lessons ?
Vietnam duckzilla
Jaeger

Post by duckzilla »

Who is having arguments over Brexit? I think we are at the stage where we no longer talk about Brexit (pro/contra) itself, but rather about the direct management of its consequences. Do Brits think that this topic is "done" or is there any kind of societal discussion on how to move on and shape the future relations with other countries?
Whatever is written above: this is no financial advice.

Beati pauperes spiritu.
Tokelau jesus3
Jaeger

Post by jesus3 »

The political plan, as far as I understood, was to deepen the US-UK ties while trying to revitalize the Commonwealth ties, optimally forming some sort of Commonwealth trade block.
So far, the former has failed after Trumps departure and the latter is somewhat progressing, but to immensely unfavorable conditions for the UK (see the latest UK-Aus deal).

How do you Brits think about the prospects?
Great Britain Horsemen
Jaeger

Post by Horsemen »

jesus3 wrote:The political plan, as far as I understood, was to deepen the US-UK ties while trying to revitalize the Commonwealth ties, optimally forming some sort of Commonwealth trade block.
So far, the former has failed after Trumps departure and the latter is somewhat progressing, but to immensely unfavorable conditions for the UK (see the latest UK-Aus deal).

We beat Germany in football so I guess it’s going pretty well
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

Horsemen wrote:
jesus3 wrote:The political plan, as far as I understood, was to deepen the US-UK ties while trying to revitalize the Commonwealth ties, optimally forming some sort of Commonwealth trade block.

I thought the whole point was to leave the EU? Not become more European
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
Great Britain Horsemen
Jaeger

Post by Horsemen »

fightinfrenchman wrote:
Horsemen wrote:

I thought the whole point was to leave the EU? Not become more European
Two world wars and one world cup
European Union scarm
Howdah

Post by scarm »

Two wars one cup?
Vietnam duckzilla
Jaeger

Post by duckzilla »

Horsemen wrote:

That's close to how Victor Orban views the draw between Hungary and Germany. You planned to leave Europe and yet you ended up in its South East. Congrats!
Whatever is written above: this is no financial advice.

Beati pauperes spiritu.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

European Union scarm
Howdah

Post by scarm »

Both's kinda true tbh.
Retired Contributor

Imagine thinking US played a critical role in winning ww2 atleast in European theatre
Tokelau jesus3
Jaeger

Post by jesus3 »

ww2 reference out of nowhere, most likely setting an unfortunate brain fart chain reaction into motion. Damn it, I knew I should not have returned to any thread in off topic.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Europeans are so sad
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

jesus3 wrote:ww2 reference out of nowhere, most likely setting an unfortunate brain fart chain reaction into motion. Damn it, I knew I should not have returned to any thread in off topic.
It's not out of nowhere it's what England's team fans chanted in the streets.

No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Dolan wrote:Image
Dinosaurs went extinct before WW2 started
Tokelau jesus3
Jaeger

Post by jesus3 »