England maybe leave EU june 23.

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Re: England maybe leave EU june 23.

Post by spanky4ever »

Mimsy for President wrote:
iwillspankyou wrote:
Mimsy for President wrote:It's time to punish the UK with sanctions as the EU has done against Russia.

And who would prosper from that, may I ask :huh: :?:
Not the UK.

certantly EU would not prosper from that either! Thats just childish tantrum :?
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

Jerom wrote:
iwillspankyou wrote:Maybe EU has to take 3 steps back from making laws that ppl doesn't want. This result is a revolt against the establishment. How EU tackles this in the next 2 years, will be deciding for the whole EU project.
If a country cant decide over their own natural resources, its doomed to fail imo. This was the reason for Norway not wanting to join EU. And we have great income from our fishing industy - thank you very much.
Most ppl in EU do not want a united state of Europe.

You dont need to nuke your own economy for making that point. I think this is the sentiment across europe, they want to stay an economical union. But the UK is also leaving the economical union. I feel sorry for the people that voted to stay but part of me wants to see this hit them hard.

Im not so sure that is the case: UK wanting to leave the economical trading, Its all the other stuff they no longer want to be part of.
The part of you wanting to hurt UK, is the vindictive part i guess. This is no time for vengeance - but a time for grownup talking and negotiations.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

iwillspankyou wrote:certantly EU would not prosper from that either! Thats just childish tantrum :?

Well, it's like a team of football. One important and good player leaves the team, but he wasn't the most important player. The team will suffer for a while, but it will adapt. The player who left will just be a player without a team.

Who would prosper more, in your terms? The one who left a bigger market or a single country that will have to work hard just to re-negotiate with every single country new trade agreements? Which won't be better than the deal they had inside the EU, they will be worse and there will be a cost to all these rounds of negotiations and there will be implementation costs for having this fragmented approach to commerce.
Palestine Mimsy for President
Jaeger

Post by Mimsy for President »

iwillspankyou wrote:
Show hidden quotes
Not the UK.

The EU is not Norway. Luckily.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

Dolan wrote:
iwillspankyou wrote:certantly EU would not prosper from that either! Thats just childish tantrum :?

Well, it's like a team of football. One important and good player leaves the team, but he wasn't the most important player. The team will suffer for a while, but it will adapt. The player who left will just be a player without a team.

Who would prosper more, in your terms? The one who left a bigger market or a single country that will have to work hard just to re-negotiate with every single country new trade agreements? Which won't be better than the deal they had inside the EU, they will be worse and there will be a cost to all these rounds of negotiations and there will be implementation costs for having this fragmented approach to commerce.

Hallo out in the fog: UK is the 2. biggest economy of EU! This is a shock and it will hurt all parts if they will not negotiate good deals for everybody concerned.
UK not wanting the laws and regulation made in Brussels and going further in to "the united states of Europe" should be a fair choise imo
Niue Le Dragon
Dragoon

Post by Le Dragon »

w/e I've been up since 4, time for some sleep.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

iwillspankyou wrote:
Show hidden quotes

The EU is not Norway. Luckily.

Lol why dont you answer my question "who would prosper for that" instead of being happy you are not Norwegian?
Btw: I am happy I am :smile:
Spain yoqpasa
Lancer
ESO: yoqpasa

Post by yoqpasa »

This proves suveys were manipulated to influence results, as always.

New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

As much as this is bad for the EU (disregarding any indirect consequences), it is far worse for the U.K. It's especially sad that the vote will only really affect those who want to remain in the union. Hopefully there will be a new referendum on joining the EU once more within the next decade.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

iwillspankyou wrote:Hallo out in the fog: UK is the 2. biggest economy of EU! This is a shock and it will hurt all parts if they will not negotiate good deals for everybody concerned.

THe UK has a negative trade balance with the EU, it imports from the EU and exports to the EU more than the rest of the EU is importing and exporting from/to the UK. Meaning, the overall economic throughput that travels between the UK and the EU is much bigger for the UK and much smaller for the EU. Meaning a Brexit will add extra customs tarriffs on those trade operations and the UK will lose more money. Their products will become more expensive outside the UK and their imported goods will also become more expensive.

Eventually they might lose some of those EU markets, if their products can't compete on price with other products, and at home they may need to look for substitutes for those imported goods that suddenly become much more expensive.

Also, the UK may be a big economy, but London accounts for almost a 5th of that gross GDP. The financial city of London has a big contribution to that too, and some banks are already saying they will move some of their operations outside the UK. Also Scotland seems to be reconsidering leaving the UK, their economy also has a sizeable contribution to the UK.

We'll see if the UK really profits from this decision.
Niue Le Dragon
Dragoon

Post by Le Dragon »

yoqpasa wrote:This proves suveys were manipulated to influence results, as always.

Many surveys showed that leave was ahead.
No Flag 91
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by 91 »

I lierally just moved to scotland as an eu citizen two months ago. And now they will brexit..

However scotland will very likely vote for a Scexit from the UK so they can vote for a Scemain in the EU.

Northern ireland, sharing a border with a EU country and bremain winning (small margin) raises questions about them too.

London businesses moving away.

So we will see how Wales and England enjoy being the only members of the UK, with a weaker London as well.. :D
Austria KINGofOsmane
Pro Player
ESO: KINGofOsmane

Post by KINGofOsmane »

they made the right decision anyway
"Losing to Callen was the worst night of my life" Gibthedurrty 2019
"If hazza can get pr42 with team i can get pr50 with 1v1" Gibthedurrty 2018
Lecastete wrote: Dude i hate this game. I am bad and i also dont have luck
Tete cs:go experience
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

Dolan wrote:
iwillspankyou wrote:Hallo out in the fog: UK is the 2. biggest economy of EU! This is a shock and it will hurt all parts if they will not negotiate good deals for everybody concerned.

THe UK has a negative trade balance with the EU, it imports from the EU and exports to the EU more than the rest of the EU is importing and exporting from/to the UK. Meaning, the overall economic throughput that travels between the UK and the EU is much bigger for the UK and much smaller for the EU. Meaning a Brexit will add extra customs tarriffs on those trade operations and the UK will lose more money. Their products will become more expensive outside the UK and their imported goods will also become more expensive.

Eventually they might lose some of those EU markets, if their products can't compete on price with other products, and at home they may need to look for substitutes for those imported goods that suddenly become much more expensive.

Also, the UK may be a big economy, but London accounts for almost a 5th of that gross GDP. The financial city of London has a big contribution to that too, and some banks are already saying they will move some of their operations outside the UK. Also Scotland seems to be reconsidering leaving the UK, their economy also has a sizeable contribution to the UK.

We'll see if the UK really profits from this decision.

I cant really see why UK should get a worse deal than Switzerland. EU has nothing to gain by playing a vindictive game imo. And there are more countries to trade with than EU, if EU wants to play a dirty game (which I really dont se why they should do).
If UK could go back to a deal resembling the one they voted YES to, the EEC, I think all parts could be satisfied with that.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

KINGofOsmane wrote:they made the right decision anyway

Considering that it leaves all parties worse off economically (not even mentioning the political repercussions), and that those who will actually be affected by it overwhelmingly want to remain, I fail to see your point in this case.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Dunno why you even try Zoom, you can't beat xenophobia with rational arguments, may they be of financial or social origin.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Immigrants ruin the economy according to some.

Good thing UK wont have immigrants anymore. Unfortunately they wont have an economy either.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

WickedCossack wrote:"Brexit to be followed by Grexit. Departugal. Italeave. Fruckoff. Czechout. Oustria. Finish. Slovakout. Latervia. Byegium. Swedone. Thenmark. Extonia." ?

Lmao did you come up with this yourself? 5/7 or 10/10 imo! this was hilarious.
Austria KINGofOsmane
Pro Player

Post by KINGofOsmane »

umeu wrote:Dunno why you even try Zoom, you can't beat xenophobia with rational arguments, may they be of financial or social origin.

ik umeu your the smartest guy here
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Do you disagree with that statement then, Osmane?
Austria KINGofOsmane
Pro Player

Post by KINGofOsmane »

umeu wrote:Do you disagree with that statement then, Osmane?

to his or to yours?
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

iwillspankyou wrote:I cant really see why UK should get a worse deal than Switzerland. EU has nothing to gain by playing a vindictive game imo. And there are more countries to trade with than EU, if EU wants to play a dirty game (which I really dont se why they should do).
If UK could go back to a deal resembling the one they voted YES to, the EEC, I think all parts could be satisfied with that.

Switzerland was a tax haven, it bears no comparison to the UK, very different economies and very different economic statuses in the global economy.

The EU will surely want to make a tough negotiation with the UK an example, so no other EU member will feel attracted to leave.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

The UK wanted power and to theirselves. Doing so placed them hoping for europe's mercy. The EU can just singlehandedly decide the fate of the UK. The entire economy is controlled by the EU now.

If the EU want they can target whatever economical sector in the UK and destroy it. Farmers? Oh how bad you'll have to pay 40% taxes on exporting to the EU. Whats wrong UK? Did the largest part of the countries you used to export to disappear? How very unfortunate. At least you decide for yourself now right? Well at least theres no muslims anymore those dirty terrorists!
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

91 wrote:I lierally just moved to scotland as an eu citizen two months ago. And now they will brexit..

However scotland will very likely vote for a Scexit from the UK so they can vote for a Scemain in the EU.

Northern ireland, sharing a border with a EU country and bremain winning (small margin) raises questions about them too.

London businesses moving away.

So we will see how Wales and England enjoy being the only members of the UK, with a weaker London as well.. :D

This guy gets it.
Hungary Dsy
Lancer

Post by Dsy »

Jerom wrote:Immigrants ruin the economy according to some.

Good thing UK wont have immigrants anymore. Unfortunately they wont have an economy either.

They could have stopped migrations whithout leaving EU i guess...