England maybe leave EU june 23.

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Re: England maybe leave EU june 23.

Post by spanky4ever »

Stockmarkeds today:
Uk down 2%
Norway down 2%
Germany down 6%
France down 7%
Japan down 8%
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Makes little sense for the UK markets to go down so little.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

£40bn wiped off British banks as 'harsh reality' of Brexit vote sinks in

London’s banking sector, which generates exports of £23bn to the European Union, is facing the “harsh reality” of probable changes to the industry after Britain chose to withdraw from the 28-member bloc.
Banking stocks were left reeling from the Brexit vote, with more than £40bn wiped off their value, as the City’s titans warned there would be “negatives on all sides” for the sector.

Earlier this week Morgan Stanley sent tremors through the markets when it said it could relocate its regional headquarters to Dublin or Frankfurt in the wake of a Brexit. JPMorgan also weighed in on the relocation debate in a memo to its employees ensuring them that it will “maintain a large presence in London, Bournemouth and Scotland.”
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

Jerom wrote:If NL leaves Europe Im going to try to get accepted in a belgian university for my masters. Thats all I know.

My direct environment consists out of people that dont have unsupported nostalgic feelings or hate of immigrants. Nobody I know wants to leave the EU.

How is the opinion among dutch ppl (not your friends in campus) Do you know anything about it?? would like to hear it :unsure:
Btw its not about hate I think when talking about UK. Its more the fact that they had massive emigrations for decades. Its also about the thought of having Turkey fast tracking to be a member - with 75 millions pop earning half your salary :idea:
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

Jerom wrote:Makes little sense for the UK markets to go down so little.

Yeah - makes me wonder who loose, and who wins if EU wants to push UK out in the cold. The markets reactions should tell you that they think UK are the winner of Brexit :geek:
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

iwillspankyou wrote:@Jerom how about the Netherlands? I guess they are pretty fed up as well? There are limits to how many new ppl you can absorb without being absorbed!? How is the opinion among your ppl?

Why aren't you voting Trump?
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

@Umeu you know I am not, and you know me better than to question me like that.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

This is the grassroots of UK, and the working ppl saying they had enough! They never voted for this deal of united states of Europa.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Enough of what, though?

There's alot of things they never voted for, they never voted to be in the UK either. There won't be more democracy in the UK by leaving, nor will there be less. All I hear is alot of strawmen to cover up the xenophobia and hate that drives this brexit.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

iwillspankyou wrote:This is the grassroots of UK, and the working ppl saying they had enough! They never voted for this deal of united states of Europa.

But there's no United States of Europe.

I'm curious, what do you think about the IMF and World Bank's plan to crash the world economy and establish the New Global Order using one single currency, controlled by the Bilderbergs and the 1% richest people in the world?
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

umeu wrote:Enough of what, though?

There's alot of things they never voted for, they never voted to be in the UK either. There won't be more democracy in the UK by leaving, nor will there be less. All I hear is alot of strawmen to cover up the xenophobia and hate that drives this brexit.

The brexit is the ultimate cover up for xenophobe people. "Its better for us, the eu costs too much, we should take back power" while they actually just hate immigrants.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

@Umeu : Since I am not from UK, I will quote @CelticCrusaders

You think you know why brits want to leave. I have spoke to numerous people and they all have their reasons. There are so many I could go on all day. My cousin may lose his job because the company may be moving production to Europe with the help of eu funding. This has happened a lot . Here is a small selection of examples
Cadbury moved factory to Poland 2011 with EU grant.
Ford Transit moved to Turkey 2013 with EU grant.
Jaguar Land Rover has recently agreed to build a new plant in Slovakia with EU grant, owned by Tata, the same company who have trashed our steel works and emptied the workers pension funds.
Peugeot closed its Ryton (was Rootes Group) plant and moved production to Slovakia with EU grant.
British Army's new Ajax fighting vehicles to be built in SPAIN using SWEDISH steel at the request of the EU to support jobs in Spain with EU grant, rather than Wales.
Dyson gone to Malaysia, with an EU loan.
Crown Closures, Bournemouth (Was METAL BOX), gone to Poland with EU grant, once employed 1,200.
M&S manufacturing gone to far east with EU loan.
Hornby models gone. In fact all toys and models now gone from UK along with the patents all with with EU grants.
Gillette gone to eastern Europe with EU grant.
Texas Instruments Greenock gone to Germany with EU grant.
Indesit at Bodelwyddan Wales gone with EU grant.
Sekisui Alveo said production at its Merthyr Tydfil Industrial Park foam plant will relocate production to Roermond in the Netherlands, with EU funding.
Hoover Merthyr factory moved out of UK to Czech Republic and the Far East by Italian company Candy with EU backing.
ICI integration into Holland’s AkzoNobel with EU bank loan and within days of the merger, several factories in the UK, were closed, eliminating 3,500 jobs
Boots sold to Italians Stefano Pessina who have based their HQ in Switzerland to avoid tax to the tune of £80 million a year, using an EU loan for the purchase.
JDS Uniphase run by two Dutch men, bought up companies in the UK with £20 million in EU 'regeneration' grants, created a pollution nightmare and just closed it all down leaving 1,200 out of work and an environmental clean-up paid for by the UK tax-payer. They also raided the pension fund and drained it dry.
UK airports are owned by a Spanish company.
Scottish Power is owned by a Spanish company.
Most London buses are run by Spanish and German companies.
The Hinkley Point C nuclear power station to be built by French company EDF, part owned by the French government, using cheap Chinese steel that has catastrophically failed in other nuclear installations. Now EDF say the costs will be double or more and it will be very late even if it does come online.
Swindon was once our producer of rail locomotives and rolling stock. Not any more, it's Bombardier in Derby and due to their losses in the aviation market, that could see the end of the British railways manufacturing altogether even though Bombardier had EU grants to keep Derby going which they diverted to their loss-making aviation side in Canada.
39% of British invention patents have been passed to foreign companies, many of them in the EU
The Mini cars that Cameron stood in front of as an example of British engineering, are built by BMW mostly in Holland and Austria. His campaign bus was made in Germany even though we have Plaxton, Optare, Bluebird, Dennis etc., in the UK. The bicycle for the Greens was made in the far east, not by Raleigh UK but then they are probably going to move to the Netherlands too as they have said recently.

Anyone who thinks the EU is good for British industry or any other business simply hasn't paid attention to what has been systematically asset-stripped from the UK. Name me one major technology company still running in the UK, I used to contract out to many, then the work just dried up as they were sold off to companies from France, Germany, Holland, Belgium, etc., and now we don't even teach electronic technology for technicians any more, due to EU regulations.

I haven't detailed our non-existent fishing industry the EU paid to destroy, nor the farmers being paid NOT to produce food they could sell for more than they get paid to do nothing, don't even go there.
I haven't mentioned what it costs us to be asset-stripped like this, nor have I mentioned immigration, nor the risk to our security if control of our armed forces is passed to Brussels or Germany.

Find something that's gone the other way, I've looked and I just can't. If you think the EU is a good idea,
1/ You haven't read the party manifesto of The European Peoples' Party.
2/ You haven't had to deal with EU petty bureaucracy tearing your business down.
3/ You don't think it matters.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

iwillspankyou wrote:
Jerom wrote:If NL leaves Europe Im going to try to get accepted in a belgian university for my masters. Thats all I know.

My direct environment consists out of people that dont have unsupported nostalgic feelings or hate of immigrants. Nobody I know wants to leave the EU.

How is the opinion among dutch ppl (not your friends in campus) Do you know anything about it?? would like to hear it :unsure:
Btw its not about hate I think when talking about UK. Its more the fact that they had massive emigrations for decades. Its also about the thought of having Turkey fast tracking to be a member - with 75 millions pop earning half your salary :idea:

Idk, the news is just about if the world ends or not.
No Flag hunter
Dragoon

Post by hunter »

It's a good thing UK voted to leave EU IMO, EU is just a bubble which going to explode at some point in future, Although the apparent results are somewhat good for common man, it is a conceptual failure nonetheless.
Jerom wrote: Garja is a better player than most of us here
Jerom wrote:Please don't bump old threads, especially when all you have to say is "lol"
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Now Sinn Fein wants a re-unification of Ireland and Northern Ireland and independence from the UK.

Sinn Fein calls for Irish unity poll as Brexit fallout begins

Code: Select all

Northern Ireland's deputy leader Martin McGuinness called on Friday for a vote to unite the two sides of the Irish border as stocks tumbled in the economic and political fallout from Britain's decision to quit the EU.
Ireland has the EU's fastest-growing economy but also more to lose from Brexit than any other member state, with far-reaching implications for its trade, economy, security of energy supplies and peace in British-ruled Northern Ireland.

After 56 percent of Northern Irish voters sought to remain in the EU compared to the 52 percent of the United Kingdom as a whole who voted to leave, Sinn Fein's McGuinness demanded that London call a referendum on a united Ireland.

"The British government now has no democratic mandate to represent the views of the North in any future negotiations with the European Union and I do believe that there is a democratic imperative for a 'border poll' to be held," McGuinness told national Irish broadcaster RTE.

"The implications for all of us on the island of Ireland are absolutely massive. This could have very profound implications for our economy (in Northern Ireland)."
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

Jerom wrote:
iwillspankyou wrote:

Idk, the news is just about if the world ends or not.

It will not :P But it will be hard for all parts if EU goes bananas and want to punish UK for leaving the union. But they still want to trade. Its pretty much the same we Norwegian wants. Trade, but not be a small piece of the very big Union that makes laws and legislation's we have no power over.
The Union is flawed, and the sooner you realize that, the better for all sake.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

iwillspankyou wrote:@Umeu : Since I am not from UK, I will quote @CelticCrusaders

You think you know why brits want to leave. I have spoke to numerous people and they all have their reasons. There are so many I could go on all day. My cousin may lose his job because the company may be moving production to Europe with the help of eu funding. This has happened a lot . Here is a small selection of examples
Cadbury moved factory to Poland 2011 with EU grant.
Ford Transit moved to Turkey 2013 with EU grant.
Jaguar Land Rover has recently agreed to build a new plant in Slovakia with EU grant, owned by Tata, the same company who have trashed our steel works and emptied the workers pension funds.
Peugeot closed its Ryton (was Rootes Group) plant and moved production to Slovakia with EU grant.
British Army's new Ajax fighting vehicles to be built in SPAIN using SWEDISH steel at the request of the EU to support jobs in Spain with EU grant, rather than Wales.
Dyson gone to Malaysia, with an EU loan.
Crown Closures, Bournemouth (Was METAL BOX), gone to Poland with EU grant, once employed 1,200.
M&S manufacturing gone to far east with EU loan.
Hornby models gone. In fact all toys and models now gone from UK along with the patents all with with EU grants.
Gillette gone to eastern Europe with EU grant.
Texas Instruments Greenock gone to Germany with EU grant.
Indesit at Bodelwyddan Wales gone with EU grant.
Sekisui Alveo said production at its Merthyr Tydfil Industrial Park foam plant will relocate production to Roermond in the Netherlands, with EU funding.
Hoover Merthyr factory moved out of UK to Czech Republic and the Far East by Italian company Candy with EU backing.
ICI integration into Holland’s AkzoNobel with EU bank loan and within days of the merger, several factories in the UK, were closed, eliminating 3,500 jobs
Boots sold to Italians Stefano Pessina who have based their HQ in Switzerland to avoid tax to the tune of £80 million a year, using an EU loan for the purchase.
JDS Uniphase run by two Dutch men, bought up companies in the UK with £20 million in EU 'regeneration' grants, created a pollution nightmare and just closed it all down leaving 1,200 out of work and an environmental clean-up paid for by the UK tax-payer. They also raided the pension fund and drained it dry.
UK airports are owned by a Spanish company.
Scottish Power is owned by a Spanish company.
Most London buses are run by Spanish and German companies.
The Hinkley Point C nuclear power station to be built by French company EDF, part owned by the French government, using cheap Chinese steel that has catastrophically failed in other nuclear installations. Now EDF say the costs will be double or more and it will be very late even if it does come online.
Swindon was once our producer of rail locomotives and rolling stock. Not any more, it's Bombardier in Derby and due to their losses in the aviation market, that could see the end of the British railways manufacturing altogether even though Bombardier had EU grants to keep Derby going which they diverted to their loss-making aviation side in Canada.
39% of British invention patents have been passed to foreign companies, many of them in the EU
The Mini cars that Cameron stood in front of as an example of British engineering, are built by BMW mostly in Holland and Austria. His campaign bus was made in Germany even though we have Plaxton, Optare, Bluebird, Dennis etc., in the UK. The bicycle for the Greens was made in the far east, not by Raleigh UK but then they are probably going to move to the Netherlands too as they have said recently.

Anyone who thinks the EU is good for British industry or any other business simply hasn't paid attention to what has been systematically asset-stripped from the UK. Name me one major technology company still running in the UK, I used to contract out to many, then the work just dried up as they were sold off to companies from France, Germany, Holland, Belgium, etc., and now we don't even teach electronic technology for technicians any more, due to EU regulations.

I haven't detailed our non-existent fishing industry the EU paid to destroy, nor the farmers being paid NOT to produce food they could sell for more than they get paid to do nothing, don't even go there.
I haven't mentioned what it costs us to be asset-stripped like this, nor have I mentioned immigration, nor the risk to our security if control of our armed forces is passed to Brussels or Germany.

Find something that's gone the other way, I've looked and I just can't. If you think the EU is a good idea,
1/ You haven't read the party manifesto of The European Peoples' Party.
2/ You haven't had to deal with EU petty bureaucracy tearing your business down.
3/ You don't think it matters.

Other people getting better off (in those countries where the production went to) means it has to come from somewhere if it's not being produced out of thin air. It's surprising the brits don't know this, because they became such a wealthy nation by pillaging the world.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

We hear you loud and clear @Dolan - with your fearmongering. :cry:
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

@Umeu said:
Other people getting better off (in those countries where the production went to) means it has to come from somewhere if it's not being produced out of thin air. It's surprising the brits don't know this, because they became such a wealthy nation by pillaging the world.

UK got rich, but the working class is lagging behind, looking pretty much like USA. This trend has been very obvious in the UK. I do not know how it is in the rest of EU. This vote is a consequence of that fact.
The finance business has grown very much, but ppl wanting to buy a flat in London, cannot cos they are bought as "investment objects" by companies in the Caiman Island, Japan, China etc.
Go google house prices in London - its bad - VERY bad for ordinary ppl.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

It's not a consequence of that fact... I dont even see the correlation. The reason people are voting to leave is because they hate foreigners and don't understand the economical implications of the EU and the result of leaving, nor do they understand how the EU makes decisions and how they actually affect those decisions theirselves.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

iwillspankyou wrote:It will not :P But it will be hard for all parts if EU goes bananas and want to punish UK for leaving the union. But they still want to trade. Its pretty much the same we Norwegian wants. Trade, but not be a small piece of the very big Union that makes laws and legislation's we have no power over.
The Union is flawed, and the sooner you realize that, the better for all sake.

Well, if you read a few things about how laws are made in the EU, you wouldn't say that. It just shows ignorance. It's like in any parliament. If Norway was in the EU, you would have your own people in the European Parliament voting those laws that would apply to you. How can you say you have no power over laws made by the EU?

If you want more power, you can go to Switzerland, they vote laws by electronic referendum -- direct democracy. With all the pros and cons of not having a proper professional debate and just letting ordinary citizens decide on matters like how much cement concentration there should be in a standard concrete (construction laws, for example).

iwillspankyou wrote:We hear you loud and clear @Dolan - with your fearmongering. :cry:

But I'm just reporting what Reuters said. Is Reuters a news agency that panders to fearmongering?
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

The EU has worked fine for the establishment and finance industry - but turned out very bad for ordinary working class.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

umeu wrote:xenophobia.
nothing wrong with this, it's perfectly fine to have an irrational fear of the evil overlord Xenu!
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

iwillspankyou wrote:The EU has worked fine for the establishment and finance industry - but turned out very bad for ordinary working class.

You need a source for this..
United States of America evilcheadar
Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

umeu wrote:Enough of what, though?

Keep dreaming dude
A post not made is a post given away

A slushie a day keeps the refill thread at bay

Jackson Pollock was the best poster to ever to post on these forums