Personality types

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.

What's your type?

ENFJ
1%
ENFP
No votes
ENTJ
7%
ENTP
4%
ESFJ
1%
ESFP
3%
ESTJ
3%
ESTP
6%
INFJ
8%
INFP
11%
INTJ
14%
INTP
18%
ISFJ
No votes
ISFP
No votes
ISTJ
15%
ISTP
7%

Total votes: 71

Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Re: Personality types

Post by Gendarme »

That's great. Let's party! Bring the vodka!
Pay more attention to detail.
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah
ESO: Ex-Contributor

Post by JakeyBoyTH »

Djigit wrote:Image

You don't need a test I could have told you that. (jk I love you)
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

Ugh Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03

Post by Gendarme »

Gendarme wrote:The last two times I did this I got the same result. Result from less than three months ago:

I took the test again today and I mostly got the same results, but apparently I am a lot more intuitive now than I was three months ago:

Gonna do the test again now that a year has passed. I predict that I will be significantly more intuitive, and also more thinking and prospecting this time around. I might even have changed to ENTP-A. I will update this post shortly with the results.

Edit: Here are the results (holy moly):

It is according to my expectations, but it is far more drastic of a change than I expected.

I guess the prophecy is fulfilled: I have become Vane Stoilov.
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03

Post by Gendarme »

An odd juxtaposition arises with ENTPs, as they are uncompromisingly honest, but will argue tirelessly for something they don’t actually believe in, stepping into another’s shoes to argue a truth from another perspective.
Damn. That is so accurate.
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03

Post by Gendarme »

This is further complicated by ENTPs’ unyielding honesty, as this type doesn’t mince words and cares little about being seen as sensitive or compassionate. Likeminded types get along well enough with people with the ENTP personality type, but more sensitive types, and society in general, are often conflict-averse, preferring feelings, comfort, and even white lies over unpleasant truths and hard rationality.

This frustrates ENTPs, and they find that their quarrelsome fun burns many bridges, oftentimes inadvertently, as they plow through others’ thresholds for having their beliefs questioned and their feelings brushed aside.
:hmm: @Goodspeed @deleted_user @martinspjuth @XeeleeFlower
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

but will argue tirelessly for something they don’t actually believe in
So, do you or don't you believe in all that "jews secretly rule the world" stuff?
@Gendarme
United States of America XeeleeFlower
Retired Contributor
Xeelee Patron

Post by XeeleeFlower »

Gendarme wrote:
This is further complicated by ENTPs’ unyielding honesty, as this type doesn’t mince words and cares little about being seen as sensitive or compassionate. Likeminded types get along well enough with people with the ENTP personality type, but more sensitive types, and society in general, are often conflict-averse, preferring feelings, comfort, and even white lies over unpleasant truths and hard rationality.

This frustrates ENTPs, and they find that their quarrelsome fun burns many bridges, oftentimes inadvertently, as they plow through others’ thresholds for having their beliefs questioned and their feelings brushed aside.
This must be why we get along so well. :smile:
Time is wise and our wounds seem to heal to the rhythm of aging,
But our past is a ghost fading out that at night it’s still haunting.

http://www.galactanet.com/oneoff/theegg_mod.html
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

Surprised that I'm the first ENFJ. I think I changed quite a bit since last time I took this test.
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03

Post by Gendarme »

Goodspeed wrote:
but will argue tirelessly for something they don’t actually believe in
So, do you or don't you believe in all that "jews secretly rule the world" stuff?
@Gendarme
I don't lie and pretend to believe in something I don't, so yes. I just happen to be the one with the most controverisal beliefs here, but if there were outspoken flat-earthers and Ku Klux Klan members you'd probably find me mostly on their side, defending them from people's attacks.
Tokelau jesus3
Jaeger

Post by jesus3 »

edeholland wrote:Surprised that I'm the first ENFJ. I think I changed quite a bit since last time I took this test.

No idea what that is, but apparentely you're quite the colorful unicorn now :love:
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03

Post by Gendarme »

It's a sensitive judgemental asshole.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Gendarme wrote:

I "am" actually "ENTP-A" as well... But I think I will ask them to change it now! As I think you are a deranged lunatic and I don't want to be associated with you in any way... shit... was that too brutally honest for you?
Spain Snuden
Jaeger
ESO: Snuden

Post by Snuden »

"You are The Baphomet, sigil of Satan"

Didn't need no damn test to tell me that.
[Sith] - Baphomet
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03

Post by Gendarme »

i cri evertim
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Snuden wrote:"You are The Baphomet, sigil of Satan"

which pronoun is that?
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03

Post by Gendarme »

The Baphomet cannot be reduced to a pronoun.
Spain Snuden
Jaeger
ESO: Snuden

Post by Snuden »

umeu wrote:
Snuden wrote:"You are The Baphomet, sigil of Satan"

which pronoun is that?

Baphomet is both male and female!
:unsure:
[Sith] - Baphomet
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

Gendarme wrote:but if there were outspoken flat-earthers and Ku Klux Klan members you'd probably find me mostly on their side, defending them from people's attacks.

I'm shocked
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
Austria supahons
Dragoon
ESO: supahons

Post by supahons »

INTJ some years ago - atm INTP-A

The results vary with the planning/ chaos part in my life :biggrin:
Sweden martinspjuth
Dragoon
ESO: martinspjuth

Post by martinspjuth »

Gendarme wrote:

I'm not sure what you want my opinion on here, care to explain?

Gendarme wrote:
Goodspeed wrote:So, do you or don't you believe in all that "jews secretly rule the world" stuff?
@Gendarme
I don't lie and pretend to believe in something I don't, so yes.
Even though I do not agree I can understand how people in the 30’s and 40’s could think that Jews secretly rule the world and were responsible for Germany’s defeat in WW1. However, I have a very hard time understanding how anyone in 2018 could think that the present world is secretly ruled by Jews. I cannot think of a single argument that would be even close to valid.

if there were outspoken flat-earthers and Ku Klux Klan members you'd probably find me mostly on their side, defending them from people's attacks.
If you really do believe in white supremacy, use of terror for political gains and that the world is flat, I don’t know what to say.

I find it more likely that you simply enjoy and/or find it important to stand up for controversial topics where almost everyone else is against you. To some degree I can see how that would be fun/important, but you are taking it way too far, so far it undermines your credibility when you’re discussing less controversial topics. “He is the guy who believes in white supremacy and a flat earth, he doesn’t understand basic arguments. Just ignore him”

Might regret taking this discussion, but if you truly do believe in “Jews rule the world, flat earth, Ku Klux Klan” do you have any arguments at all to solidify your standpoint?
If you do not believe in those things, please consider what I wrote above and be more selective about what controversial topics you choose to defend.
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03

Post by Gendarme »

You misunderstood. The reason I mentioned flat-earth theory and Ku Klux Klan specifically is because I disagree with their supporters.

I tagged you because the quoted description of ENTP's was rather relevant to the offensive joke discussion.
Sweden martinspjuth
Dragoon
ESO: martinspjuth

Post by martinspjuth »

Gendarme wrote:You misunderstood. The reason I mentioned flat-earth theory and Ku Klux Klan specifically is because I disagree with their supporters.

Alright, but then why would you say that we would probably find you mostly on their side, defending them?

I tagged you because the quoted description of ENTP's was rather relevant to the offensive joke discussion.

What do you want us to reflect on? That there are such people? We hardly need a “formal” definition to understand that. That I fail to see its relevance might be because I see little use for this personality type test and personality categorization in general.
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03

Post by Gendarme »

I only tagged you because I found it interesting and thought that you might as well. The idea was not to spark another discussion.
Germany QueenOfdestiny
Retired Contributor
ESO: QueenOfdestiny

Post by QueenOfdestiny »

Me
Me
shit juice :hmm:
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor
ESO: Octanium