Fozzybear is impersonating admin please do something

Place open for new posts — threads with fresh content will be moved to either Real-life Discussion or ESOC Talk sub-forums, where you can create new topics.
Netherlands MCJim
Retired Contributor
ESO: MCJim

Post by MCJim »

ivan wrote:Lol
I''m curious as to how many accounts has he stolen by now.
Probably many of the newer players on ESO. They are new and don''t know anything. If a "microsoft admin" contacts them I''m sure many of them believe it. It''s actually smart Fozzybear is doing this now, during steam sale.
:food: My AoE3 YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MCJimAgeofEmpiresIII
:wood: My AoE3 Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/MCJim_

:coin: Age of Streaming YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/AgeOfStreaming
Palestine Mimsy for President
Jaeger

Post by Mimsy for President »

[img style="max-width:100%'" src="https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/56/Mr_Burns.png" alt=""]
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

mcjim wrote:
ivan wrote:Lol
Im curious as to how many accounts has he stolen by now.
Probably many of the newer players on ESO. They are new and dont know anything. If a "microsoft admin" contacts them Im sure many of them believe it. Its actually smart Fozzybear is doing this now, during steam sale.
Isnt it a general rule of thumb that staff empoyees or moderators will never ask for your password?
Canada Jam
Jaeger
ESO: Hyperactive Jam

Post by Jam »

Is he selling people's accounts back to them as ransom?
No Flag Good ol Ivan
Howdah
ESO: ivanelterrible

Post by Good ol Ivan »

jerom wrote:
mcjim wrote:Probably many of the newer players on ESO. They are new and dont know anything. If a "microsoft admin" contacts them Im sure many of them believe it. Its actually smart Fozzybear is doing this now, during steam sale.
Isnt it a general rule of thumb that staff empoyees or moderators will never ask for your password?
if you fall for it you kinda deserve it tbh.
Great Britain WickedCossack
Retired Contributor

Post by WickedCossack »

I think he must've seen this thread cause he msg'd h20 on stream to say he was kidding or something and got promptly pested.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

ivan wrote:
jerom wrote:Isnt it a general rule of thumb that staff empoyees or moderators will never ask for your password?
if you fall for it you kinda deserve it tbh.
Thats what Im saying. Survival of the fittest. Its been happening since the first microscopic life form breathed its first breathe( metaphorically of course) and is being carried on today by fozzybear
Netherlands MCJim
Retired Contributor
ESO: MCJim

Post by MCJim »

jerom wrote:
mcjim wrote:Probably many of the newer players on ESO. They are new and dont know anything. If a "microsoft admin" contacts them Im sure many of them believe it. Its actually smart Fozzybear is doing this now, during steam sale.
Yes, its even on the ESO homepage. But ye, nobody reads that ^^

[img]http://i.imgur.com/585ywWK.jpg[/img]
:food: My AoE3 YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MCJimAgeofEmpiresIII
:wood: My AoE3 Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/MCJim_

:coin: Age of Streaming YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/AgeOfStreaming
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

gibson wrote:
ivan wrote:if you fall for it you kinda deserve it tbh.
Thats what Im saying. ?Survival of the fittest. ?Its been happening since the first microscopic life form breathed its first breathe( metaphorically of course) ?and is being carried on today by fozzybear

Rofl, then im right and you are actually blaming the victims, which means by your logic, rape isnt wrong, its simply the strong taking what they want. Fk man, can you make legend more happy?
No Flag Good ol Ivan
Howdah

Post by Good ol Ivan »

umeu wrote:
gibson wrote:Thats what Im saying. Survival of the fittest. Its been happening since the first microscopic life form breathed its first breathe( metaphorically of course) and is being carried on today by fozzybear

Rofl, then im right and you are actually blaming the victims, which means by your logic, rape isnt wrong, its simply the strong taking what they want. Fk man, can you make legend more happy?
Dude are you seriously comparing rape to some guy tricking people into giving him their 5USD videogame account passwords?
The victim in a rape cant usually help it, its something done by force. In this case people are giving their accounts to a complete stranger willingly.
A better analogy would be a guy in a bar tricking a girl into sex by pretending to be rich ...afterwards she finds out he isnt actually rich ....and she has to pay for his drinks.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Are you seriously calling stealing accs and not falling for it, survival of the fittest? And the consent isnt about getting ur acc stolen and fucked in the ass by fozzy, so thats irrelevent. Same as it is irrelevant that a girl consented to come to the party she was raped at.

None of this consent matters anyway, since its just survival of the fittest, so if u can rape and get away with it, obviously its all fine... By the way u apply this maxim anyway
No Flag Good ol Ivan
Howdah

Post by Good ol Ivan »

umeu wrote:Are you seriously calling stealing accs and not falling for it, survival of the fittest?
Im not, that was gibson.
And Im sure he was joking (well kind of) by calling it survival of the fittest.
You should buy yourself a better sarcasm detector.

umeu wrote:Same as it is irrelevant that a girl consented to come to the party she was raped at.
My bar analogy was better tbh.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Im pretty sure he wasnt. And u can dance around it all you will, but it doesnt change the fact that you are both saying that the victim is to blame.
No Flag Good ol Ivan
Howdah

Post by Good ol Ivan »

umeu wrote:Im pretty sure he wasnt.
He defends and almost encourages fozzys actions by claiming he is carrying natures legacy of natural selection, drawing out the weak individuals from the whole through account stealing. And you are telling me this statement is supposed to be 100% serious? ...if so, you really cant read between the lines, can you?

umeu wrote:And u can dance around it all you will, but it doesnt change the fact that you are both saying that the victim is to blame.
Well, not precisely. At the end of the day fozzy should be banned and the accounts returned - but, yeah, anyone should have enough common sense not to fall for this.
If you left your car with the doors open and the keys inside, would you seriously be surprised if it wasnt there when you returned? It may be there. But it may not. Point is, for your own sake, you shouldnt expect every individual to be completely honest (note that its just as wrong to expect otherwise). Once again, this just common sense.
Its good to put the blame on the victims on these kind of situations precisely so they dont make the same stupid mistakes again, and likewise prevent others from committing them too (though, I insist, best would be if the wrong doer was punished too). Hell, theres even some good in that they learn this by losing a 5USD videogame account, instead of something actually valuable.

tl'dr How can one help people if people cant help themselves?

I would understand if you still disagreed with me after reading this. I cant force my opinion on others. But I hope now you can see my point of view.
No Flag zbola
Musketeer

Post by zbola »

jam wrote:Is he selling people''s accounts back to them as ransom?
This made me lol''d!
No Flag zbola
Musketeer

Post by zbola »

Ryz0n ban his account, and all his others combined with his passwords/ip's/mac.Please man
No Flag zbola
Musketeer

Post by zbola »

zbola wrote:Ryz0n ban his account, and all his others combined with his passwords/ip''s/mac.Please man
These people payed for this old game , and gave it a chance. Most of them are kids wanting to play this game pros that we never will have in the future.
No Flag Good ol Ivan
Howdah

Post by Good ol Ivan »

zbola wrote:
zbola wrote:Ryz0n ban his account, and all his others combined with his passwords/ips/mac.Please man
These people payed for this old game , and gave it a chance. Most of them are kids wanting to play this game pros that we never will have in the future.
If you write another post Im sure Ryzon will read it then and ban Fozzy. (facepalm)
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

umeu wrote:Im pretty sure he wasnt. And u can dance around it all you will, but it doesnt change the fact that you are both saying that the victim is to blame.

No you''re right, I wasn''t joking. Just as the smart and the strong used to kill the less smart and less strong, fozzybear is weeding out those you don''t deserve aoe3 accounts. Oh wait......Obviously I didn''t literally mean that. Just about any time something negative happens between two people, both people are partially at fault. If a stranger says he''s from Nick and Dick''s heating and air and that he needs your house key to check your pipes, can you really be surprised when you come home from work and all your stuff is stolen? Most of the blame lies upon you, for handing over your house key to a complete stranger without having any idea who he really was. It''s so obvious that he isn''t straight up, because a real heating an air company would never ever ask for your house key. They would come will you are at home, at the time you had scheduled them to. In this particular case with this fozzybear, the victims are very much to blame. Does that make what he''s doing right? In this particular case I''m not sure, but just because a victim is to blame doesn''t justify a antagonists actions....

EDIT: I see Ivan beat me to it
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Just because it wasnt literally meant (nor so interpreted) doesnt chamge that it was a serious comment in line with the rest of your posts.

I perfectly understand what you are saying, and i dont see why your reasoning suddenly doewnt apply in more serious cases such as rape. When you go home with a stranger, you know that you are taking a risk, when you hitchhike, go out, fuck the moment you step out of the door as a woman, you know you are taking a risk. So is the woman to blame because she was wearing "provocative" clothing at an inapropriate time and place? Just because your actions were naive, doesnt mean you did something wrong. You may have neen irresponsible and therrfore legally liable but this doesnt make your actions immoral which you two imply by saying such retarded things as the victim deserved it. People who are still capable of such naive trust and goodheartedness should be treasured and protected instead of laughed at and shamed because of their misfortune. Those who prey upon innocence should be punished harder instead of less because the other person is to "blame" as well...
No Flag zbola
Musketeer

Post by zbola »

zbola wrote:
zbola wrote:Ryz0n ban his account, and all his others combined with his passwords/ips/mac.Please man

And friends ryz0n will never have the chance to play with. Make the right choice!
No Flag Good ol Ivan
Howdah

Post by Good ol Ivan »

umeu wrote:Just because it wasnt literally meant (nor so interpreted) doesnt chamge that it was a serious comment in line with the rest of your posts.

I perfectly understand what you are saying, and i dont see why your reasoning suddenly doewnt apply in more serious cases such as rape. When you go home with a stranger, you know that you are taking a risk, when you hitchhike, go out, fuck the moment you step out of the door as a woman, you know you are taking a risk. So is the woman to blame because she was wearing "provocative" clothing at an inapropriate time and place?
Giving your password to a stranger in an online game is consensual (so to say). Rape is not. Not sure why you insist on this subject.

umeu wrote:Just because your actions were naive, doesnt mean you did something wrong. You may have neen irresponsible and therrfore legally liable but this doesnt make your actions immoral which you two imply by saying such retarded things as the victim deserved it. Just because your actions were naive, doesnt mean you did something wrong. You may have neen irresponsible and therrfore legally liable but this doesnt make your actions immoral which you two imply by saying such retarded things as the victim deserved it. People who are still capable of such naive trust and goodheartedness should be treasured and protected instead of laughed at and shamed because of their misfortune.
Sigh. You still dont get it. This is not about your naive actions being inherently immoral, its about you taking responsibility for them. Morality doesnt apply in this situation, because the victim isnt trying to help or harm anyone but itself. Morality of the victim in these kind of situations is as moot here as is the morality of a fish. Neither a fish nor the victim know better. But the victim should know better.
And whats so bad about being naive? Well, other than hurting yourself, you may hurt other individuals in other situations.

umeu wrote:Those who prey upon innocence should be punished harder instead of less because the other person is to "blame" as well...

Well, duh, yeah. Where are you getting that we think the victim should be punished harder than the prey?
No Flag Good ol Ivan
Howdah

Post by Good ol Ivan »

zbola wrote:
zbola wrote:These people payed for this old game , and gave it a chance. Most of them are kids wanting to play this game pros that we never will have in the future.
And friends ryz0n will never have the chance to play with. Make the right choice!
I think its still not working. You should totally write a 4th post, Ryz0n will surely reply and ban fozzy if you write just one post more. (facepalm)
No Flag zbola
Musketeer

Post by zbola »

ivan wrote:
zbola wrote:And friends ryz0n will never have the chance to play with. Make the right choice!
I think its still not working. You should totally write a 4th post, Ryz0n will surely reply and ban fozzy if you write just one post more. (facepalm)
I might get banned for spamming ! ')
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

ivan wrote:
umeu wrote:Just because it wasnt literally meant (nor so interpreted) doesnt chamge that it was a serious comment in line with the rest of your posts.

I perfectly understand what you are saying, and i dont see why your reasoning suddenly doewnt apply in more serious cases such as rape. When you go home with a stranger, you know that you are taking a risk, when you hitchhike, go out, fuck the moment you step out of the door as a woman, you know you are taking a risk. So is the woman to blame because she was wearing "provocative" clothing at an inapropriate time and place?
Giving your password to a stranger in an online game is consensual (so to say). Rape is not. Not sure why you insist on this subject.

umeu wrote:Just because your actions were naive, doesnt mean you did something wrong. You may have neen irresponsible and therrfore legally liable but this doesnt make your actions immoral which you two imply by saying such retarded things as the victim deserved it. Just because your actions were naive, doesnt mean you did something wrong. You may have neen irresponsible and therrfore legally liable but this doesnt make your actions immoral which you two imply by saying such retarded things as the victim deserved it. People who are still capable of such naive trust and goodheartedness should be treasured and protected instead of laughed at and shamed because of their misfortune.
Sigh. You still dont get it. This is not about your naive actions being inherently immoral, its about you taking responsibility for them. Morality doesnt apply in this situation, because the victim isnt trying to help or harm anyone but itself. Morality of the victim in these kind of situations is as moot here as is the morality of a fish. Neither a fish nor the victim know better. But the victim should know better.
And whats so bad about being naive? Well, other than hurting yourself, you may hurt other individuals in other situations.

umeu wrote:Those who prey upon innocence should be punished harder instead of less because the other person is to "blame" as well...
Well, duh, yeah. Where are you getting that we think the victim should be punished harder than the prey?

The rape is the end of the process, which compares to getting the acc stolen, not to giving the pw. Giving the pw is the equivalent of going to the party, since both put you voluntarily in a position where predators can take advantage of you. Its really not so hard... Your reasoning simply has consequences you do not want to accept. Which implies there is something intuitively wrong with it.

Blame has a moral origin and connotation. Same for right and wrong, so obviously its about morality.vwhen someone deserves to be punished its become he did something illegal or immoral, since its obvious that someone giving a pw isnt on the wrong side of the law, they must be on the wrong side of your morals when you say they deserve to have their acc stolen.

If the blame is shared by 2 parties obviously the punishment is shared accordingly, and the sentence thus diminished per person.