People who smoke weed are bad

Place open for new posts — threads with fresh content will be moved to either Real-life Discussion or ESOC Talk sub-forums, where you can create new topics.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

People who smoke weed are bad

Post by Dolan »

Context: the new US attorney wants to restart the War on Drugs policy in the US.

From a speech:
I realize this may be an unfashionable belief in a time of growing tolerance of drug use. But too many lives are at stake to worry about being fashionable. I reject the idea that America will be a better place if marijuana is sold in every corner store. And I am astonished to hear people suggest that we can solve our heroin crisis by legalizing marijuana – so people can trade one life-wrecking dependency for another that’s only slightly less awful. Our nation needs to say clearly once again that using drugs will destroy your life.

He calls marijuana traffickers criminal gangs and vows to destroy them:
“I returned from the border last week and they told me that quite a number of the people they arrest are hauling marijuana across the border.”
“If you are a gang member, we will find you,” he said. “We will devastate your networks. We will starve your revenue sources, deplete your ranks, and seize your profits. We will not concede a single block or a street corner to your vicious tactics.”

US Attorney General Jeff Sessions labelled cannabis "only slightly less awful" than heroin.

"We will enforce our laws and put bad men behind bars," he said in a recent speech in Richmond, Virginia.

"We will fight the scourge of drug abuse."

Great Britain _NT_sven
Dragoon
Donator 06
Clan: NTDE

Re: People who smoke weed are bad

Post by _NT_sven »

It's not drug. Didn't get addicted at all.
Plum blossoms fall below the steps like whirling snow;
They cover me still though brushed off a while ago.

-Tune: "Pure Serene Music", Li Yu (937-978 AD), the Last Lord of Southern Tang Dynasty
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

Ugh.
Pay more attention to detail.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

This administration man...
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Well to be fair the gangs behind weed traffic are probably pretty much criminal. But saying that anyone smoking weed is "bad" is pretty much 8 yo level (or Mr. Mackey level, but oh wait he's actually talking to 8 yo kids). Not like I'm surprised though, after all it's the USA. Anyone being able to go out with a gun in the streets is something normal, but smoking weed or getting blown when you're president is a crime. And well they elected Trump didn't they
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
No Flag kami_ryu
Retired Contributor

Post by kami_ryu »

-- deleted post --

Reason: on request (off-topic bulk delete)
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

Kaiserklein wrote:Well to be fair the gangs behind weed traffic are probably pretty much criminal. But saying that anyone smoking weed is "bad" is pretty much 8 yo level (or Mr. Mackey level, but oh wait he's actually talking to 8 yo kids). Not like I'm surprised though, after all it's the USA. Anyone being able to go out with a gun in the streets is something normal, but smoking weed or getting blown when you're president is a crime. And well they elected Trump didn't they

Bill Clinton wasn't impeached for having an affair it was for lying about it. And the majority didn't vote for Trump so don't blame all of us!
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

Be it for sex or for lying, it's still much less important than carrying guns in the street.

kami_ryu wrote:If you think that weed is fine then so is my gun-toting.

What is not fine with weed ? If you mean all the crime and stuff behind it I stop you directly, you just had the same stuff with alcohol during the prohibition. Weed itself isn't such a bad thing, if you don't abuse it and if you use it responsibly. inb4 "guns themselves aren't such a bad thing, if you don't abuse it and if you use it responsibly" => weed can hurt yourself but not other people, unlike guns, so it's not comparable. I can't really see any drawback to make weed legal. You can already see it where it's legalized anyway
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03

Post by Gendarme »

Kaiserklein wrote:Well to be fair the gangs behind weed traffic are probably pretty much criminal.
Drug-trafficking gangs wouldn't exist if drugs were freely available, though - would they?
No Flag kami_ryu
Retired Contributor

Post by kami_ryu »

-- deleted post --

Reason: on request (off-topic bulk delete)
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah
ESO: Ex-Contributor

Post by JakeyBoyTH »

@QueenOfdestiny stop getting high every day
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

Ugh Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03

Post by Gendarme »

kami_ryu wrote:If your faith in your fellow citizen is so low that you need laws to keep them "safe" rather than relying on their own common sense, then you're going to live in a bad society. I know plenty of people with concealed carries who have guns in their cars. They're perfectly fine and normal people.
I think it's mostly due to the fact that it is so contrary to what we (at least in most of Europe) have been taught since infancy, and also human errenous statistical intuition. The only times we see or hear about guns is regarding police, or violent crime; the correlation leaves a negative impact on our perception of guns. I was against the right to own guns myself at one point, actually. It is not trivial to let go of something that is so ingrained into your view of reality, however wrong it might be.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

Also French people shouldn't be making fun of America for electing Trump when they're about to elect Le Pen.
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

Germany QueenOfdestiny
Retired Contributor
ESO: QueenOfdestiny

Post by QueenOfdestiny »

pecelot wrote:Image

@JakeyBoyTH
shit juice :hmm:
United States of America noissance
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: noissance

Post by noissance »

_NT_sven wrote:It's not drug. Didn't get addicted at all.

Then why'd you use it? People dont do drugs to get addicted, they do drugs to "feel good."
Error 404: Signature not found
Great Britain _NT_sven
Dragoon
Donator 06

Post by _NT_sven »

noissance wrote:

Then why'd you use it? People dont do drugs to get addicted, they do drugs to "feel good."

Well I am not sure what you actually mean.
For me that's just an experience of a cultural thing in a foreign country as an international guy I think.
But weed is quite different from real drugs imo. If who are behind this trade are still criminals even it is legal, I don't think I will take it anymore.
If that is not the case, why not just legalize it? Weed itself is nothing harmful.. It's true that many people begin with weed and continue to get real drugs and ruin their life, but that's just their own fault isn't it?

-Tune: "Pure Serene Music", Li Yu (937-978 AD), the Last Lord of Southern Tang Dynasty
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03

Post by Gendarme »

_NT_sven wrote:It's true that many people begin with weed and continue to get real drugs and ruin their life
They begin with water before they try weed, actually.
Canada Jam
Jaeger
ESO: Hyperactive Jam

Post by Jam »

Gendarme wrote:
_NT_sven wrote:It's true that many people begin with weed and continue to get real drugs and ruin their life
Great Britain _NT_sven
Dragoon
Donator 06

Post by _NT_sven »

Gendarme wrote:

This is called infinite regression lol.

No Flag lejend
Jaeger

Post by lejend »

There is no indication that enforcement priorities will change. Dealers will be the main targets, not regular users. However in some cases the line between users and dealers is quite blurred.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

fightinfrenchman wrote:Also French people shouldn't be making fun of America for electing Trump when they're about to elect Le Pen.

In your dreams maybe
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

That's what the polls said :roll:
Netherlands dietschlander
Lancer

Post by dietschlander »

@_NT_sven you fine sir should sit like a half hour down at at coffeeshop and see the succes of Dutch policies yourself... (most guests junked up and buy daily which is f*cked).

PS: you like Leiden? :)
Theres going to be a dam, the great dam and we'll let the beavers pay for it - Edeholland 2016
Anyway, nuancing isn't your forte, so I'll agree with you like I would with a 8 year old: violence is bad, don't do hard drugs and stay in school Benj98
Brazil JoĂŁoCĂ©sar
Crossbow
ESO: JoĂŁoCĂ©sar

Post by JoĂŁoCĂ©sar »

The definition of drug is not if it makes you addicted or not, but if it causes any biochemical changes in the body.
Kaiserklein wrote:I can't really see any drawback to make weed legal.
_NT_sven wrote:[...] why not just legalize it? Weed itself is nothing harmful..

While studies and researches on weed related health problems are still lacking, it can be harmful by causing, mainly, cardiac diseases, and also those reversible psychological effects that can even cause suicidal thought on people. I just don't understand the logic of why tobacco is legalized and marijuana is not though...

Imo, the reason why drug legalization needs to be the result of a well-studied, revised and thought-out decision is not in the so-called "drug war" but in the fact that it is quite costly for countries where health insurance is free, like Brazil or UK (Not applying so much to the US therefore). It is really annoying to know that part of the taxes you pay are being used just to try to save someone who spent his life self-destructing with cigarettes or alcohol.

So I think that drugs legalization requires some diseases to be excluded from the free Health care.