Personality

Place open for new posts — threads with fresh content will be moved to either Real-life Discussion or ESOC Talk sub-forums, where you can create new topics.
United States of America Cometk
Retired Contributor

Personality

Post by Cometk »

Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Personality

Post by gibson »

I dislike personality tests like that as the method they use it flawed.
France iNcog
Ninja

Personality

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Reason: on request (off-topic bulk delete)
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote: ↑
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
United States of America Cometk
Retired Contributor

Personality

Post by Cometk »

http://www.ipersonic.com/type/DI.html

i think the disorder test is much more interesting.
[spoiler]Disorder | Rating

Paranoid | Low

Schizoid | Low

Schizotypal | Low

Antisocial | Moderate

Borderline | Low

Histrionic | Moderate

Narcissistic | Low

Avoidant | Low

Dependent | Low

Obsessive-Compulsive | Low[/spoiler]
No Flag Good ol Ivan
Howdah
ESO: ivanelterrible

Personality

Post by Good ol Ivan »

drlegend wrote:Horoscopes for dudes Cometk. That nice disorder test says I''m a lunatic with every illness on the books. Everything''s an illness nowadays. Heaven forbid people man up and realize that there''s no such thing as a mental illness and that they are responsible for being the best they can be.
Kind of this, imho they depend a lot on your mood too.
Also I would be surprised if this was more popular with men than with women. What kind of personality you have/what''s your mental disorder/why are you a delicate special snowflake... all sound like something straight out of a women''s magazine tbh.
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Personality

Post by Jaeger »

Damn I got analytic thinker, I hate having that personality....
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
No Flag Good ol Ivan
Howdah

Personality

Post by Good ol Ivan »

deleted_user wrote:
drlegend wrote:Heaven forbid people man up and realize that theres no such thing as a mental illness and that they are responsible for being the best they can be.
Oh boy
Some people use excuses to avoid responsibilities, or are just in seek of some kind of privilege. Children pretend to have a headache so they dont have to go to school (I have done it).
Others avoid homework because of their OCD, or are entitled to be asshole because of aspergers... sometimes people dont even have to fool others, society does it for them. Individuals get labeled with all sorts of mental disorder for anything society doesnt like about them, like them not trusting their acquaintances or avoiding work. Even parents label their own children with mental disorders because they dont feel like doing their homework or being nice with other children.
In this regard mental disorders are much worse because people end up fooling themselves into thinking they are innately sick and begin excusing their bad habits as something unavoidable.
Just about every statistic I have seen on most mental disorders suggest they are getting more prevalent. For example, according to the CDC, in 2002 1 in 150 children had an autism spectrum disorder, in 2010 it was 1 in every 68, and it just keeps rising. And some decades ago autism was completely unheard of just like many other supposed mental conditions, but nowadays everyone suffers more because this or that.
Maybe now that mental diseases are more mainstream they happen to be reported more often... Or maybe most instances are misreported as people mistake anything they dont like about human nature for a mental illness.

I would like to think this is what Dragon is trying to say: people should face themselves, their habits, and their life without putting excuses in-between.

Its also kind of a big deal because on the other side of the coin other people are making profit off them, namely psychologists (I know people who are perfectly fine yet keep wasting money on psychologists every other week). pharmaceutical companies (which get to sell antidepressants and other druggies)... And then there is government funding involved on treatment research.
So its profitable and makes people feel better, but its not exactly healthy for society or most individuals involved.
I guess not all mental disorders are scams (though I wouldnt be able to draw the line) and some people indeed get to cope with more shit, but still, I cant help it but think theres something shady about the whole affair - and many people indeed just need to man up.
No Flag Mr. Pecksniff
Howdah

Personality

Post by Mr. Pecksniff »

ivan wrote:
deleted_user wrote:Oh boy?
Some people use excuses so they avoid their responsibilities, or perhaps even gain some extra privilege. Some children pretend to have a headache or something so they dont have to go to school (I have done it).
Others may avoid homework because of OCD, be an asshole because of aspergers, etc... In fact sometimes its not even necessary to pretend, society nowadays labels many individuals with all sorts of mental disorder for anything it doesnt like about them, be it because they dont trust their acquaintances or dont want to work. Even parents may label their children with a mental disorder because they dont feel like doing their homework or being nice with other children, etc...
And its worse because people end up fooling themselves and begin excusing their bad habits as if they were unavoidable.
Just about every statistic I have seen on most mental disorders suggest they are more and more prevalent. For example, according to the CDC, in 2002 1 in 150 children had an autism spectrum disorder, in 2010 it was 1 in every 68, and it just keeps growing. And some decades ago autism was completely unheard of... Same applies many other conditions.
Maybe now that mental diseases are more mainstream they happen to be reported more often... Or maybe most instances are misreported as people mistake anything they dont like about human nature for a mental illness.

I would like to think this is what Dragon is trying to say: people should face themselves, their habits, and their life without putting excuses in-between.

Its also kind of a big deal because on the other side of the coin other people are making profit off them, namely psychologists (I know people who are perfectly fine yet keep wasting money on psychologists every other week). pharmaceutical companies (which get to sell antidepressants and other druggies)... Then there is some government funding involved on treatment research, etc...
So its profitable and makes people feel better, but its not exactly healthy for society or most individuals involved.
I guess not all mental disorders are scams (but I wouldnt be able to draw the line) and some people indeed get to cope with more shit, but still, I cant help it but think theres something shady about the whole affair - and many people indeed just need to man up.
This state of affairs is no more than the result of the inferior western culture. The same corrupt patterns of behavior do not occur in the more refined cultures of Asia.
No Flag Good ol Ivan
Howdah

Personality

Post by Good ol Ivan »

frycookofdoom wrote:
ivan wrote:Some people use excuses so they avoid their responsibilities, or perhaps even gain some extra privilege. Some children pretend to have a headache or something so they dont have to go to school (I have done it).
Others may avoid homework because of OCD, be an asshole because of aspergers, etc... In fact sometimes its not even necessary to pretend, society nowadays labels many individuals with all sorts of mental disorder for anything it doesnt like about them, be it because they dont trust their acquaintances or dont want to work. Even parents may label their children with a mental disorder because they dont feel like doing their homework or being nice with other children, etc...
And its worse because people end up fooling themselves and begin excusing their bad habits as if they were unavoidable.
Just about every statistic I have seen on most mental disorders suggest they are more and more prevalent. For example, according to the CDC, in 2002 1 in 150 children had an autism spectrum disorder, in 2010 it was 1 in every 68, and it just keeps growing. And some decades ago autism was completely unheard of... Same applies many other conditions.

Its also kind of a big deal because on the other side of the coin other people are making profit off them, namely psychologists (I know people who are perfectly fine yet keep wasting money on psychologists every other week). pharmaceutical companies (which get to sell antidepressants and other druggies)... Then there is some government funding involved on treatment research, etc...
I guess not all mental disorders are scams (but I wouldnt be able to draw the line) and some people indeed get to cope with more shit, but still, I cant help it but think theres something shady about the whole affair - and many people indeed just need to man up.
This state of affairs is no more than the result of the inferior western culture. The same corrupt patterns of behavior do not occur in the more refined cultures of Asia.
Problem is whatever is the trend in America eventually infects one way or the other the rest of the world.
No Flag mongobillione
Dragoon
Donator 02

Personality

Post by mongobillione »

cometk to be first 1 diving in our Brains! :P
Canada Jam
Jaeger
ESO: Hyperactive Jam

Personality

Post by Jam »

mnogobillione wrote:cometk to be first 1 diving in our Brains! :P
I like almost to more being could also be subversive continuum of typical communal disingenuously sexual truffle-trouble. Falling short, of course, of integral substitutions or logarithmic perspectives of consensual dichotomy.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Personality

Post by deleted_user0 »

such silly questions. 3/4th of them point towards the same "problem" and its not even a mental disorder imo
No Flag Mr. Pecksniff
Howdah

Personality

Post by Mr. Pecksniff »

So umeu really is a grill?
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Personality

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

frycookofdoom wrote:So umeu really is a grill?
Nah, there''s even a video of him on sanctuary :p
No Flag jkl
Dragoon

Personality

Post by jkl »

ivan wrote:
frycookofdoom wrote:This state of affairs is no more than the result of the inferior western culture. The same corrupt patterns of behavior do not occur in the more refined cultures of Asia.
Problem is whatever is the trend in America eventually infects one way or the other the rest of the world.
problem is the world is a slave to usa. the world loves anything english or american. u ever notice the #1 foreign language taught in schools? the top music in foreign countries? even usa/english schools get more attention than other schools in the world.

it might be too late for the world to realize that usa is not their babysitter and think for themselves
No Flag Mr. Pecksniff
Howdah

Personality

Post by Mr. Pecksniff »

Yeah third world cultures should get their own language instead of expropriating ours.
United States of America Durokan
Retired Contributor
ESO: Durokan

Personality

Post by Durokan »

http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/jtypes2.asp

This one is more in depth than just a few clicks. I am an INTJ, ~60 questions
Check out my Custom Map Workshop here!
http://eso-community.net/viewtopic.php?p=98718#top
No Flag jkl
Dragoon

Personality

Post by jkl »

frycookofdoom wrote:Yeah third world cultures should get their own language instead of expropriating ours.
more like europe and asia.
No Flag Mr. Pecksniff
Howdah

Personality

Post by Mr. Pecksniff »

durokan wrote:http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/jtypes2.asp

This one is more in depth than just a few clicks. I am an INTJ, ~60 questions
INTJ master race
Switzerland _venox_
Howdah
ESO: _Venox_

Personality

Post by _venox_ »

drlegend wrote:Horoscopes for dudes Cometk. That nice disorder test says I''m a lunatic with every illness on the books. Everything''s an illness nowadays. Heaven forbid people man up and realize that there''s no such thing as a mental illness and that they are responsible for being the best they can be.
What an ignorant person you are. I wish you just one day in the mind of somebody with a mental illness, so you experience the horrors first hand.
Don't let the things you can't change dictate your life.
No Flag jkl
Dragoon

Personality

Post by jkl »

gj reviving an old thread to attack someone for no reason. do u have any hobbies that u can do during ur spare time, or do u just want to make ppl feel bad about themselves so that they can feel what u feel on a daily basis?
Switzerland _venox_
Howdah
ESO: _Venox_

Personality

Post by _venox_ »

jkl wrote:gj reviving an old thread to attack someone for no reason. do u have any hobbies that u can do during ur spare time, or do u just want to make ppl feel bad about themselves so that they can feel what u feel on a daily basis?
I dislike sarcasm
I didn''t attack him, I made a statement
I had a reason
I have hobbies
ofc in order to do things you have to spend time
no I don''t want to make people feel bad about themselves, why do you think so?
I don''t feel bad about myself

1/10 probably troll

nice try to bash me, exactly what you criticise in me. @jkl
Don't let the things you can't change dictate your life.